PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain House GOP should Fund FEMA Now, worry about offsets later

bobbyw24
09-26-2011, 09:09 AM
By Justin Sink - 09/26/11 10:47 AM ET

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain -- fresh off a surprise victory in the Florida straw poll that has reenergized his campaign -- broke with House Republicans Monday and urged Congress to fund FEMA's disaster relief program now, whether or not they can tie budget offsets to the bill.

"I would make sure that FEMA got the money it needed, and if I had to go find the offsets later, go find it later. Stop playing with people's tragedies — these are real people we’re talking about," Cain said on CNN.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/183825-cain-house-gop-should-fund-fema-worry-about-offsets-later

LibertyEagle
09-26-2011, 09:10 AM
The problem is, Herman, that later never comes.

georgiaboy
09-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Mr. Cain, say it ain't so, and thank you very much.

This is reminiscent of another (Mc)Cain's 2008 bailout support just before the November election.

CaptUSA
09-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Why pay for a war - worry about that later.
Why pay for Social Security - worry about that later.
Why pay for education - worry about that later.
Why pay for medical care - worry about that later.

These are real people's lives we're talking about here!

I have to worry about someone who could make this statement. It could be made with every issue we are facing. For you Cain supporters, this is why Ron Paul is a better alternative. He would never make a statement like this - even if it means losing someone's vote.

specsaregood
09-26-2011, 09:18 AM
I have to worry about someone who could make this statement. It could be made with every issue we are facing.

He is pandering to the FL vote.

CaptUSA
09-26-2011, 09:19 AM
He is pandering to the FL vote.Yep. Like I said, Ron Paul would never make a statement like this - even if it cost him votes.

bobbyw24
09-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Should the Government Shut Down Over FEMA Spending?

http://reason.com/blog/2011/09/26/should-the-government-shut-dow