PDA

View Full Version : NE TN freedom fighter is glad to be here!

Canopener Sally
09-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Hi there, everyone. Just a quick introduction here. I'm a 20-something gal living in the Tri-Cities (that's Northeast TN) and obviously a hardcore believer in freedom and liberty. In the midst of finishing my undergraduate degree I started a small business which works well for me. I like making the rules and having the freedom to make my own schedule. I see myself a humanist and proponent of peace. You can make a lot of friends through mutually beneficial business arrangements (and turn enemies into friends).

I supported Ron Paul in his last campaign but not as well as I could have. And I intend to remedy that this time. Every opportunity to work in Ron Paul into a conversation, I do it. I've never been more inspired by a presidential candidate. Leaders like him don't come along everyday.

I hope to network with other local supporters. So if you are one, let me know!

C.O. Sally

KCIndy
09-26-2011, 09:17 AM
Welcome to the forums!

I'm not in NE Tennessee, but I know it's a great part of the state that I love to visit!

FunkBuddha
09-26-2011, 09:21 AM
Welcome!

I'm a SE Tennesseean myself but I work in Knoxville.

jmdrake
09-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Middle Tennessean here. Welcome aboard!

DrWarren
09-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Welcome,

I am also in NE TN - close to Lake Watauga.

I hope to get active locally and connect with other R.P. supporters.

DrWarren
09-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Heya,

Did you know that there is going to be a Republican primary debate in the Tri-cities in October.

Do you think it would be possible to line up Dr. Paul to speak somewhere in the area while he is here? Maybe on a College campus? Do you know how one might go about organizing such an event? I will also post somewhere else on this site to try to get some advice on this.

Here are some details on it:

http://www.starhq.com/news/html/news/articles/articles.asp?day=Friday&article=nw-presidential-debate-spo.html

The COTMPAC Republican Presidential Debate is Saturday, Oct. 15, at the Meadowview Conference Resort and Convention Center, located at Exit 4 off Interstate 26, in Kingsport. The debate is scheduled from 2 to 4 p.m. Tickets for the event begin at $25 per person and can be purchased online at www.conservativesonthemovepac.com.

Canopener Sally
09-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Heya,

Did you know that there is going to be a Republican primary debate in the Tri-cities in October.

Do you think it would be possible to line up Dr. Paul to speak somewhere in the area while he is here? Maybe on a College campus? Do you know how one might go about organizing such an event? I will also post somewhere else on this site to try to get some advice on this.

Here are some details on it:

As far as the debate is concerned, the latest article I read (Timesnews.net), they were questioning if the candidates would even be there. I was hoping it would happen but I don't know...

I'm working on organizing a local meetup which I am learning as I go. I'm also struggling to locate supporters. Ron Paul support was everywhere in Johnson City last election. Not sure where they're hiding now. I haven't been to ETSU to investigate this yet. And the Johnson City for Ron Paul facebook page is basically stagnant right now.

trey4sports
09-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Do you know the legendary Matt Collins? He is kind of a legend.

jmdrake
09-28-2011, 04:51 PM
As far as the debate is concerned, the latest article I read (Timesnews.net), they were questioning if the candidates would even be there. I was hoping it would happen but I don't know...

I'm working on organizing a local meetup which I am learning as I go. I'm also struggling to locate supporters. Ron Paul support was everywhere in Johnson City last election. Not sure where they're hiding now. I haven't been to ETSU to investigate this yet. And the Johnson City for Ron Paul facebook page is basically stagnant right now.

I've heard from within the RP campaign that Ron's coming. PM me.

Canopener Sally
09-28-2011, 04:56 PM
Do you know the legendary Matt Collins? He is kind of a legend.

Only from bits and pieces I've read on Daily Paul. He's in the Nashville area?

Canopener Sally
09-28-2011, 04:57 PM
I've heard from within the RP campaign that Ron's coming. PM me.

I'll have to get my hair done then!

Canopener Sally
09-30-2011, 07:14 AM
This meetup has just been started so we need some people showing interest and becoming members. As soon as a few more people get on board we can really start planning and getting to work.

http://www.meetup.com/tricitiesronpaul/

Looks like the debate has been officially cancelled. They're dishing out refunds. Drat.