PDA

View Full Version : Fox News: End of Quarter Results Must Be High

Article V
09-26-2011, 07:22 AM
Karl Rove was just on Fox News talking about how important the Sept. 30th "End of Quarter" Deadline is. He said that this is the big deadline for determining the viability of the major campaigns.

We must help Ron Paul reach his goal!!!! For Heaven's sake, people, please make this your top priority!!!!!!

CaptUSA
09-26-2011, 07:26 AM
I was at a party on Saturday night. I got two people to promise to donate by the end of the month.

It's not as good as a confirmed donation, but I believe I can count on them. I'm looking for 3 more by the end of the month.

If each of us can get 5 people this week - one a day - we can really help. We get good numbers by convincing ourselves to donate, but we need to grow the amount of people donating.

ZanZibar
09-26-2011, 07:37 AM
Bump

Article V
09-26-2011, 07:39 AM
Nice work! I bought a slew of extra tix to tonight's Ron Paul event at Webster Hall and am bringing a bunch of people that don't know much about him. If they like what they hear, we'll not only have new supporters; but I'll have them donating that evening.

CaptUSA
09-26-2011, 07:40 AM
Nice work! I bought a slew of extra tix to tonight's Ron Paul event at Webster Hall and am bringing a bunch of people that don't know much about him. If they like what they hear, I'll have them donating that evening.

Fantastic!! I wish he'd come to Western PA, but I know he's need other places right now. If I knew he was coming, I'd make sure to have a van-load of people!

militant
09-26-2011, 08:19 AM
I'm working on it! My birthday is the day after the BTO moneybomb and I had planned to do what I usually do - have people drop 20-50 bucks on the campaign instead of spending it on gadgets and lunches for me. But now I'm going to encourage several of them to do it before the end of this quarter.

TwoJ
09-26-2011, 08:36 AM
I'm running ads in a few places to Ron Paul supporters encouraging them to donate. Sending around ~50-75 people a day, hopefully they all donate a little bit.

djruden
09-26-2011, 08:58 AM
You know if you heard it on Fox News then it must be true...

jason43
09-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Thats how the money bombs started in 2007, the pulled the "he doesnt have any money" bit, then we raised the money, then they still didnt treat him like a real candidate.

Give to the campaign, but dont expect the media or the GOP shills on TV to treat him any differently.

ZanZibar
09-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Give to the campaign, but dont expect the media or the GOP shills on TV to treat him any differently.The media will never be on our side consequently they are a lost cause. However if the campaign has the money it needs then they can go around the media with phone banking, direct mail, and tv/radio/print ads.

specsaregood
09-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Give to the campaign, but dont expect the media or the GOP shills on TV to treat him any differently.

Well not exactly 100% true, they were forced to add the "he can raise a lot of money, BUT" to their standard talking points. :)

LBennett76
09-26-2011, 09:32 AM
I'm hoping his appearance on The Daily Show tonight gives him a really nice bump. Stewart will give him a great interview no doubt. So hopefully it helps. :)

sailingaway
09-26-2011, 09:34 AM
My fingers are crossed on that interview. I'm hoping Stewart doesn't feel the need to skewer him to show he's 'unbiased'. Cain sure got more press than Ron ever did from his straw poll wins, maybe Stewart will be noticing that.

BUSHLIED
09-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Ron needs at least 8 million this quarter...if he raises less than 5mil it'll be a very sad day.

Lord Xar
09-26-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm hoping his appearance on The Daily Show tonight gives him a really nice bump. Stewart will give him a great interview no doubt. So hopefully it helps. :)

Then he needs to solicit donations. He might say something like " For liberty, for an end to the wars & bailouts, and the crony corporatism... I need your help. America needs your help.... "

I bet if he said something like that -- on the Show, he'd get a large response.

Nickwanz
09-26-2011, 11:04 AM
I have the best luck with the brokest people I know. I tell them even 5 bucks helps. I've donated as little as $2 myself before!(sometimes you want to make a second donation at the end of the moneybomb!) Just putting it like that to people has been the best approach for me. I got a handfull donations from young (and pretty much broke and or unemployed) kids during a party to the Constitution Day moneybomb.

trey4sports
09-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Ron needs at least 8 million this quarter...if he raises less than 5mil it'll be a very sad day.

he will have atleast 5 million.

my guess is around 7 million.

Shane Harris
09-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Fantastic!! I wish he'd come to Western PA, but I know he's need other places right now. If I knew he was coming, I'd make sure to have a van-load of people!

agreed. i would def get a bunch of people to go including myself if it was when i was at home and not at college. he could play up the hometown hero being from pittsburgh, since we dont want people to cling to our other western pa native son senator santorum. ron should do well in pennsylvania if he exploits the hometown factor like michele did in iowa. just give him a terrible towel and he wins western pa haha

sailingaway
09-26-2011, 12:08 PM
he will have atleast 5 million.

my guess is around 7 million.

in the article someone from the campaign says $5 million IF the end of quarter push is successful. This is why some of us are trying to get people to focus on the end of quarter push.

wstrucke
09-26-2011, 12:09 PM
http://www.ronpaulmyths.com/today.php

KingNothing
09-26-2011, 12:11 PM

He won't report anywhere near $8M for this current quarter. I'm guessing this $1.5M push is to get them to $5M or $6M.

KingNothing
09-26-2011, 12:13 PM
in the article someone from the campaign says $5 million IF the end of quarter push is successful. This is why some of us are trying to get people to focus on the end of quarter push.

Didn't see that in any article, but it certainly makes sense. From the moneybombs its easy to see that they could have raised about $3.5M. $5M would seem like a realistic goal for a quarter, and it's reasonable for them to ask for $1.5M to get them there.

sailingaway
09-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Didn't see that in any article, but it certainly makes sense. From the moneybombs its easy to see that they could have raised about $3.5M. $5M would seem like a realistic goal for a quarter, and it's reasonable for them to ask for $1.5M to get them there.

sorry, it was in a politico article.