PDA

View Full Version : URGENT Need supporters 2 fill GRAND Ballroom BIGGER 1 than booked @ Webster Hall NYC

XTreat
09-26-2011, 01:42 AM
The campaign needs people to fill the Grand Ballroom at Webster Hall 9/26.

"We just over booked the Marlin Ballroom at Webster Hall and We are forced to use the Grand Ballroom where Mick Jagger, Madonna and everybody else has performed. We need more people to fill that room!!! Any Ideas? We have about 17 hours to go here in the Big Apple!!! ABC, NBC, CNN, FOX and everybody else will be there."

Here is all the pertinent info. Get the word out!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=276664975682532

BUY TICKETS ONLINE -----> http://ronpaulwebsterhall.eventbrite.com/

Scheduled Speakers:

Ron Paul - Confirmed
Peter Schiff - Confirmed
Pras (The Fugees) - Confirmed
Dan Halloran - Confirmed
Murray Sabrin - Confirmed
Jack Hunter - Confirmed

Jordan Page - Performing

Music by world famous DJ Avery Tanner

Date: September 26, 2011
Time: Doors open at 8pm
Where: Webster Hall
115 E. 11th St.
NY, NY 10003

Tickets can be purchased for $25 at the door (while supplies last). But we have an EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: buy now online (or at any NYC Liberty HQ event) and pay only $20 (online service fee may apply).

BUY TICKETS ONLINE -----> http://ronpaulwebsterhall.eventbrite.com/

Video of Dr. Paul's April visit to Webster Hall, NYC : http://youtu.be/S1TM9ionWl4

Information about the venue: http://www.websterhall.com/

For additional information about the event, tickets and/or the venue, please call 917.515.5355

RonPaulVolunteer
09-26-2011, 01:53 AM
Flix just tweeted it to 3000.

eleganz
09-26-2011, 02:02 AM
This is so last minute, how many spots do you need to fill? I think if you're really desperate, you gotta just start advertising on the streets that RP is coming and hes straight up anti war, try to get liberals involved..make it all about war...lol

Good luck! I tried to get my friends in NY into RP but they don't like politics.

XTreat
09-26-2011, 02:02 AM
Bump b4 bed.

Just a messenger. contact info is in the OP.

Chainspell
09-26-2011, 02:18 AM
wow this is awesome!

growburn13
09-26-2011, 02:19 AM
Posting on my NY friends FB.

Xelaetaks
09-26-2011, 02:35 AM
Im thinking of going, im a little tight on money though and it is a 20-30 minute drive for me. I don't think I have any friends who would be interested in going to this (or anything political related) but I'm a big fan of Ron Paul. It would definetely be cool to see Ron Paul speak live.

rp08orbust
09-26-2011, 02:39 AM
This would be a piece of cake with a robocall.

growburn13
09-26-2011, 02:46 AM
Im thinking of going, im a little tight on money though and it is a 20-30 minute drive for me. I don't think I have any friends who would be interested in going to this (or anything political related) but I'm a big fan of Ron Paul. It would definetely be cool to see Ron Paul speak live.

After meeting Ron Paul in Baton Rouge this past Friday I would reaffirm that it is an opportunity of a lifetime to meet Dr. Ron Paul in person and hear him speak. I drove over an hour with my infant son from New Orleans to hear him speak for 10 minutes, and waited twice as long to shake his hand and thank him, veteran to veteran, for everything he fights for on a daily basis. I hope you can make the trip to support Ron Paul, and if not I hope you continue to fight for liberty.

parocks
09-26-2011, 02:51 AM
This would be a piece of cake with a robocall.

Yup. Wouldn't it though.

Can you use the chip in system? There is a page now where chip ins are listed. Yours should have the top priority.

http://rp12.com/cic/

that is a ron paul site with ron paul chip ins embedded.

You really should have an ongoing chip in there.

Just "RP08orbust's Robocalls"

Xelaetaks
09-26-2011, 02:53 AM
After meeting Ron Paul in Baton Rouge this past Friday I would reaffirm that it is an opportunity of a lifetime to meet Dr. Ron Paul in person and hear him speak. I drove over an hour with my infant son from New Orleans to hear him speak for 10 minutes, and waited twice as long to shake his hand and thank him, veteran to veteran, for everything he fights for on a daily basis. I hope you can make the trip to support Ron Paul, and if not I hope you continue to fight for liberty.

I appreciate your response. Its cool to hear others have drove out to see Ron Paul speak. I think I'm going to go. Ron Paul is the one candidate out of all of the others that I always find interesting to hear something new from or watch his interviews. I appreciate what he does and will definetely keep up the fight. Cheers.

parocks
09-26-2011, 02:56 AM
We should have our NYC supporters easily reachable. Are there meetups groups in NYC? There are, after all, 10 Million New Yorkers.

somename043
09-26-2011, 02:56 AM
awesome anyone know about what time ron paul will be speaking? i can't leave Philadelphia till 6pm.

growburn13
09-26-2011, 03:05 AM
awesome anyone know about what time ron paul will be speaking? i can't leave Philadelphia till 6pm.

7:30 pm is the start of the event according to the FB RSVP... I would assume RP would be the first speaker at the event if campaign events in the past week would be any indication of a timeline. I would check with the event organizers though for any specifics regarding a timeline though.

Elfshadow
09-26-2011, 03:10 AM
so they overbooked a room for 500 people and now need to fill a room for 1500 people. Yeah if they don't pull it off it could hurt. Empty looking room looks worse then small filled room. IF they pull it off it will be epic.

Article V
09-26-2011, 03:34 AM
awesome anyone know about what time ron paul will be speaking? i can't leave Philadelphia till 6pm.The doors open at 7:30. The event kicks off at 8PM. It doesn't end until 11PM.

Ron Paul is at another fundraiser at 8PM, so he's probably not speaking at Webster Hall until 9:30 or 10ish...

but that's pure speculation on my end.

You can make it from Philly.

XTreat
09-26-2011, 07:48 AM
Bump

ItsTime
09-26-2011, 07:50 AM
Can anyone that is going print out some Black This Out flyers and hand them out?!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?318407-Black-This-Out-Printable-Flyers!

Steve-in-NY
09-26-2011, 07:52 AM
Tweeted to 1,275. I personally cant make it, which sucks.

harikaried
09-26-2011, 10:23 AM
Can anyone that is going print out some Black This Out flyers and hand them out?!The business card ones from Ron Paul Designs would work well too if we have any printed in that area already.

But first priority is getting 1500 people to attend!

Cowlesy
09-26-2011, 10:34 AM
I would hazard a guess Ron will speak between 9-9:45pm.

Umbro2914
09-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Im sure people before Paul will mention fundraising, donating, and money bombs lol

TexMac
09-26-2011, 10:44 AM
I'll be there and I have 500 Black THISOut cards to hand out. I could use some help if anyone wants to take some. PM me your cell # so we can meet up if you can help.

TexMac
09-26-2011, 10:52 AM
BUMP! Need bodies here! Please come if possible!

sailingaway
09-26-2011, 10:58 AM
tweeted

JamesButabi
09-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Wish I could make it. I would go to the local colleges with flyers today and tomorrow.

ronpaulhawaii
09-26-2011, 11:05 AM
I was there last night when we made the decision to upgrade rooms. The room is highly configuarable. We have rented drape walls (just in case we want to cut down space. We rented press risers and will have lounge furniture that will help fill the floor. Basically, the hope now is to have enough to fill the balcony.

We will have the lighting rig lowered until we know if we will be opening up the balcony...

Yes, we want as many bodies as possible, but the room will look good with the pre-sales we have already done.

We have a donor who is now buying blocks of tickets for poor college students, and we have student volunteers out finding them. We have other tricks up our sleeves...

Onward

brandon
09-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Can anyone explain the Pras thing to me? Since when has he been a Paul fan, and why was it decided it would be good for him to speak here?

sailingaway
09-26-2011, 11:08 AM
I appreciate your response. Its cool to hear others have drove out to see Ron Paul speak. I think I'm going to go. Ron Paul is the one candidate out of all of the others that I always find interesting to hear something new from or watch his interviews. I appreciate what he does and will definetely keep up the fight. Cheers.

+rep!

sailingaway
09-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Can anyone explain the Pras thing to me? Since when has he been a Paul fan, and why was it decided it would be good for him to speak here?

I don't even know who that is....

brandon
09-26-2011, 11:12 AM
I don't even know who that is....

I had to look it up. I guess he was a member of the fugees, who are a really great group, but were famous for hating white people.

Edit: Looks like the alleged racism was only pointed at one member of the group (not Pras) and she denied it.

LinuxJedi
09-26-2011, 11:16 AM
It's a 12 hour trip for me... but if I can stay with a friend of mine I'll be there.

TexMac
09-26-2011, 11:26 AM
I was there last night when we made the decision to upgrade rooms. The room is highly configuarable. We have rented drape walls (just in case we want to cut down space. We rented press risers and will have lounge furniture that will help fill the floor. Basically, the hope now is to have enough to fill the balcony.

We will have the lighting rig lowered until we know if we will be opening up the balcony...

Yes, we want as many bodies as possible, but the room will look good with the pre-sales we have already done.

We have a donor who is now buying blocks of tickets for poor college students, and we have student volunteers out finding them. We have other tricks up our sleeves...

OnwardGreat!

somename043
09-26-2011, 11:30 AM
will tickets still be available to buy at the door or is this likely to sell out? I'm trying to convince some more people to come with me.

ItsTime
09-26-2011, 11:37 AM

Onward

Awesomeness

sailingaway
09-26-2011, 11:40 AM
will tickets still be available to buy at the door or is this likely to sell out? I'm trying to convince some more people to come with me.

I understand it is $25 at the door, $20 on line

harikaried
09-26-2011, 11:44 AM
We have a donor who is now buying blocks of tickets for poor college students, and we have student volunteers out finding them.Should we be passing this information on to various meetup groups and facebook events to get more people?

sailingaway
09-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Should we be passing this information on to various meetup groups and facebook events to get more people?

Not until we have a way to get the tickets, we don't want people waiting to sign up, and then have it not be enough.

harikaried
09-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Curious, these tickets are like regular theater tickets with no identification? They could be prepurchased and distributed for those still lacking tickets -- either given out free or scalped/purchased cheap to cover other costs?

ronpaulhawaii
09-26-2011, 12:17 PM

Not likely to sell out, we can keep expanding space as needed...

The first time I spoke to Pras was during the last Rand Paul event at Webster Hall, we've had some good debates... He is post partisan, likes Paul, and is getting behind him this cycle.

Should we be passing this information on to various meetup groups and facebook events to get more people?

I don't know that we need to be broadcasting this as the donor is buying blocks for college students (with ID). If people want to relay that subsidized tickets for students are available, and to call ***, that would be good.

If any RPFs members are not going because of cost, send me a PM and I will put you on my personal list. I need to run to Kinkos, BBS

Onward!

Cowlesy
09-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Not likely to sell out, we can keep expanding space as needed...

The first time I spoke to Pras was during the last Rand Paul event at Webster Hall, we've had some good debates... He is post partisan, likes Paul, and is getting behind him this cycle.

I don't know that we need to be broadcasting this as the donor is buying blocks for college students (with ID). If people want to relay that subsidized tickets for students are available, and to call Bill Buran at 646-369-0695, that would be good.

If any RPFs members are not going because of cost, send me a PM and I will put you on my personal list. I need to run to Kinkos, BBS

Onward!

Outstanding dude, see you tonight

muzzled dogg
09-26-2011, 12:51 PM
"the campaign needs" ???

Is this being run by a separate entity?

Are they for-profit?

Why do we need supporters there (especially paying to be there)?

thehighwaymanq
09-26-2011, 01:01 PM
I'll be there! Made the decision this morning to hop on the train after class. SO READY!

sailingaway
09-26-2011, 01:06 PM
"the campaign needs" ???

Are they for-profit?

I believe it was on the campaign facebook page. They charge low, to cover part of the costs and to make sure people will turn up. (They charged $10 even at Ames until right at the end.) We need supporters because Fox and a bunch of other media are going to be filming and we have a sudden opportunity to have a big crowd but they only decided this with 17 hours to go, when they had too many people to squeeze into the next biggest ballroom, so it is a challenge.

TexMac
09-26-2011, 01:07 PM
No, they just don't want the room to lok empty

"the campaign needs" ???

Are they for-profit?

Sjmfury
09-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Bump of Priority.

somename043
09-26-2011, 01:15 PM
i'll be driving up there after class, on the website it says dress to impress for the place think since ron paul ralley they allow people to just wear ron paul t-shirts?

sailingaway
09-26-2011, 01:21 PM
i'll be driving up there after class, on the website it says dress to impress for the place think since ron paul ralley they allow people to just wear ron paul t-shirts?

I'm sure as long as you are neat students can wear them, but I suspect they are hinting for more of a dress shirt type look if they can get it. Here is a video of the last event at Webster Hall -- a smaller room:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1TM9ionWl4

there are a scattering of t shirts and other short sleeves, if you look at the crowd, but mostly it is button up shirts, I think. A bit more clubbish...

but if they are specifically giving tickets for students this time, I'm sure there will be some t shirts.

thehighwaymanq
09-26-2011, 01:21 PM

Really? Like button up?

Cowlesy
09-26-2011, 01:25 PM
"the campaign needs" ???

Are they for-profit?

nick and mike are putting this together. NYC Liberty HQ does a ton of great work.

09-26-2011, 01:30 PM
I just got back from seeing Ron in Trenton. I want to go again but probably can't. Hope this has a good turnout as well.

muzzled dogg
09-26-2011, 01:35 PM
I agree that nick, mike, and liberty hq do great work

I am a little uneasy with that not being clear in the first post of this plea thread

And Mike is working for the campaign and simultaneously an organizer at libertyHQ?

Umbro2914
09-26-2011, 01:40 PM
nick and mike are putting this together. NYC Liberty HQ does a ton of great work.

grassroots at its best.

Cowlesy
09-26-2011, 01:47 PM
"the campaign needs" ???

Are they for-profit?

He's not working for the campaign -- maybe you saw somewhere someone being too informal with their language? If someone said "the campaign" then they're just being too informal with language as far as I know. I'd chalk that up to a 3:42AM post :)

Carole
09-26-2011, 01:50 PM
That video was very cool. :) (Cool=old expression from my youth meaning terrific, great, rad, bad, etc.) :D :o

ItsTime
09-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Printable flyers for anyone going.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?318407-Black-This-Out-Printable-Flyers!

ronpaulhawaii
09-26-2011, 02:19 PM
LibertyHQ is a social club of Liberty activists and I am not on staff for anyone...

harikaried
09-26-2011, 03:13 PM
How much time do we have left to spread the word, get tickets and get to the event?

XTreat
09-26-2011, 03:20 PM
How much time do we have left to spread the word, get tickets and get to the event?

Starts @ 730

WD-NY
09-26-2011, 05:11 PM
any idea what time will RP take the stage??

KramerDSP
09-26-2011, 06:06 PM
rileyct Chris Riley
the line to see ron paul at webster hall: 3 blocks #ishouldvecome1hourearly

KatrinaTrinko Katrina Trinko
Event Ron Paul appearing at held in club-like setting. Everyone being carded at door.

Esoteric
09-26-2011, 06:09 PM
Will there be vid of the whole event?

harikaried
09-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Starts @ 730Gah. Time zones are hard. it's 8pm already, so too late to buy tickets? How crowded does it seem?

KramerDSP
09-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Will there be vid of the whole event?

The last time he was at Webster, those guys made this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1TM9ionWl4

I am sure another great video is coming within two weeks following the event tonight.

KramerDSP
09-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Follow this woman from the National Review Online. She is live-tweeting the event.

http://twitter.com/#!/KatrinaTrinko

@ @Chris_Moody sure am
15 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

Go Paul: first event on campaign trail where I've been handed voucher for free alcoholic drink when I 'fessed up to being reporter
31 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

Event Ron Paul appearing at held in club-like setting. Everyone being carded at door.
37 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

Iconic Ron Paul t-shirt? #ronpaulnyc http://twitpic.com/6r5f8z
42 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

Man just told me he now agrees w/ Pauls pro-life views because he realized w/out abortion he wld have 2 kids & be less lonely
53 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

Ask Ron Paul fan if she'll talk to me. When I tell her I'm from @NRO she ays no, then asks, "William F. Buckley?" I say yes &she shakes head
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

Ron Paul fans, message on tshirt: http://twitpic.com/6r52gv

IndianaPolitico
09-26-2011, 06:29 PM
How's it looking? Is the room full?

lucky_bg
09-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Any informations? This is age of Blackberrys and I-phones, for Christ sake! :confused:

KramerDSP
09-26-2011, 06:38 PM
http://twitpic.com/6r5uol/full

First pics from balcony, I believe. Looks packed.

KramerDSP
09-26-2011, 06:48 PM
clarerrrr Clare Richardson
Is there a Ron Paul convention on 12th st? Never seen so many bumper stickers on one block

And follow this guy...

mtracey Michael Tracey (http://twitter.com/#!/mtracey)
Acoustic guitarist now playing a plaintive rendition of his pro-Ron Paul song, "Liberty." #RonPaulNYC
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply »
mtracey Michael Tracey

Speaker just dissed the National Review. Assuming @KatrinaTrinko is outraged. #RonPaulNYC
4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »
mtracey Michael Tracey

Gonna keep count of how many "end the Fed" chants break out tonight. So far: two. #RonPaulNYC
9 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »
mtracey Michael Tracey

Dan Halloran of Queens, one of five Republicans in the NYC council, is at Ron Paul's Webster Hall shindig. #RonPaulNYC
11 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »
mtracey Michael Tracey

@ @KatrinaTrinko Ron Paul's new media people asked me to start using the #RonPaulNYC hashtag.
mtracey Michael Tracey

Overheard: one of Ron Paul's campaign people saying Mike Wallace will be onhand at Webster Hall tonight. #HesReallyOld
mtracey Michael Tracey

PaulPeople lined up in font Webster Hall for tonight's big liberty bonanza. http://twitpic.com/6r4u9e

KramerDSP
09-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Mike Wallace? From 60 minutes? Hmm. That's weird. Maybe he'll call out the media?

XTreat
09-26-2011, 06:51 PM
I texted someone I know who is there, she sent me a pic, she says it is PACKED. She also went to the TDS and said RP did very well.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m115/sgttreat/IMG950328.jpg

KramerDSP
09-26-2011, 06:52 PM
BLOODYRICH Richard hutchins
At Ron Paul event in NYC. I'm seeing history.

RonPaulNYC is the hashtag and if you keep uploading this picture- http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23RonPaulNYC

KramerDSP
09-26-2011, 06:54 PM
I texted someone I know who is there, she sent me a pic, she says it is PACKED. She also went to the TDS and said RP did very well.http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m115/sgttreat/IMG950328.jpg

AWESOME. "Packed" and "very well" are words I like to hear.

parocks
09-26-2011, 06:58 PM
From what I'm reading on this thread, I'm very impressed.

KramerDSP
09-26-2011, 06:58 PM
Now that's a diverse audience, if not gender-wise.

KramerDSP
09-26-2011, 07:05 PM
LMAO at this tweet:

Speaker at #ronpaulnyc days she voted for Reagan, is greeted w/ mixture of boos, cheers & silence
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I think it was Karen Kwiatowski. Goes to show how "new" this audience is and that Pras may have indeed brought a new audience here along with the vouchers for college students.

KramerDSP
09-26-2011, 07:06 PM
The CBS shadower, Rodney Hawkins is freaking out in a good way.

Rodney_CBSNJ Rodney Hawkins
I'm at Webster Hall and it feels like a concert and Rep Ron Paul is the headliner http://yfrog.com/nt69uoj

freakout9903
09-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Does some of the ticket cost go to the campaign? Is their an issue having to pay for the bigger room(as I'm sure me and others would be down to purchase a ticket even tho we can't make it there)? Or is it simply about the number of people in the room?

parocks
09-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Does some of the ticket cost go to the campaign? Is their an issue having to pay for the bigger room(as I'm sure me and others would be down to purchase a ticket even tho we can't make it there)? Or is it simply about the number of people in the room?

I think they just wanted a packed house, and it looks like they got it.

KramerDSP
09-26-2011, 07:45 PM
mtracey Michael Tracey
Peter Schiff says if Ron Paul wins the New Hampshire primary, media headline would be "Romney takes second place." #RonPaulNYC

CTRattlesnake
09-26-2011, 07:47 PM
mtracey Michael Tracey
Peter Schiff says if Ron Paul wins the New Hampshire primary, media headline would be "Romney takes second place." #RonPaulNYC

"Santorum does well, takes 5th with limited resources"

parocks
09-26-2011, 07:55 PM
"Santorum does well, takes 5th with limited resources"

"Perry mulls 2016 run"

theczar1776
09-26-2011, 08:00 PM
1400 at Webster Hall tonight!

http://www.facebook.com/ronpaul

Elfshadow
09-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Pretty nice seeing as capacity is 1500

KramerDSP
09-26-2011, 08:06 PM
http://yfrog.com/nu84tttj

sailingaway
09-26-2011, 08:09 PM
From Ron's facebook

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/295720_10150325357596686_6233046685_8238482_171748 5208_n.jpg

rp08orbust
09-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Ron Paul wins the nomination at the Republican National Convention: "Rick Santorum exceeds expectations with 32 delegates."

sailingaway
09-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Ron Paul wins the nomination at the Republican National Convention: "Rick Santorum exceeds expectations with 32 delegates."

Heck, Santorum would exceed expectations with 3 delegates...

Esoteric
09-26-2011, 08:15 PM
man, i can not wait for the toob of this epic event

sailingaway
09-26-2011, 08:39 PM
epic is right! I'm not seeing anything on the internet yet, besides a few pictures and tweets on twitter, though

justatrey
09-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Endorsement in Jersey, appearance on Freedom Watch, 1400 show up in NY, appearance on the Daily Show, and Black This Out passed the last moneybomb's attendees 20+ days early. Not a bad day for Dr. Paul. :D

Elfshadow
09-26-2011, 08:53 PM
Endorsement in Jersey, appearance on Freedom Watch, 1400 show up in NY, appearance on the Daily Show, and Black This Out passed the last moneybomb's attendees 20+ days early. Not a bad day for Dr. Paul. :D

The impressive part of this is 1400 in NY with 17 hours of prep time. I know they had to have over 500 to move from the other room but.... its really impressive that they pulled that off.

neverseen
09-26-2011, 08:54 PM
last 2min of the webster speech from paul... pres paul pres paul :D :D :D

http://cinch.fm/alexmerced/289207

sailingaway
09-26-2011, 09:00 PM
The impressive part of this is 1400 in NY with 17 hours of prep time. I know they had to have over 500 to move from the other room but.... its really impressive that they pulled that off.

this ^^

cero
09-26-2011, 09:02 PM
last 2min of the webster speech from paul... Pres paul pres paul :d :d :d

http://cinch.fm/alexmerced/289207

president paul president paul president paul president paul president paul president paul president paul

somename043
09-26-2011, 10:27 PM
just got back from the event was packed to the brim with people i was a bit late but all of the speakers i saw did rather well.

TexMac
09-26-2011, 10:37 PM
We just got back, too. The place was full of energy. Ron did a good stump speech and everyone yelled and cheered their heads off.

We also went to wave signs at the daily show. There was a lot of media there and lots of Ron Paul supporters in the audience line. 500 BlackThisOut cards were passed out at the sign wave and at the Webster Hall event.

badger4RP
09-26-2011, 10:40 PM
how was Pras?

TexMac
09-26-2011, 10:41 PM
From Ron's facebook

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/295720_10150325357596686_6233046685_8238482_171748 5208_n.jpg

LOL, that guy with the Ron Paul sign held straight up in the middle? I told him he could have that sign if he'd hold it up all night and he did! I kinda felt like telling him he didn't have to hold it up ALL night, but, oh well.

TexMac
09-26-2011, 10:41 PM
how was Pras?Either he didn't show up or they skipped him.

Steve-in-NY
09-26-2011, 11:01 PM
Today was a good day for Liberty.

...Now if I wake up tomorrow and the ticker says 1.6 million...

XTreat
09-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Either he didn't show up or they skipped him.

Thats kinda a bummer.

Dissident
09-26-2011, 11:57 PM
Ask Ron Paul fan if she'll talk to me. When I tell her I'm from @NRO she ays no, then asks, "William F. Buckley?" I say yes &she shakes head

Thanks for sharing.

parocks
09-27-2011, 12:17 AM
http://vimeo.com/29648327

I found this video of the speech at Webster Hall - pretty good. The loudness of the audience is very apparent. There's definitely excitement happening there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLHHrup0nAI - 720p, but not as long
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS3U1UGcdw8 - same, earlier

Fermli
09-27-2011, 12:26 AM
thanks for the links parocks

InTradePro
09-27-2011, 06:04 AM
Cool thread.

thehighwaymanq
09-27-2011, 06:52 AM
Here are my photos from my phone. Sorry for the size. We have Jordan Page (who rocked it!), the amazing Jack Hunter, some pics of Ron, and an awesome picture of a solider. Great night!

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=33a679407b&view=att&th=132a920592f9280c&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=33a679407b&view=att&th=132a919bd6e64853&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=33a679407b&view=att&th=132a922531ee961d&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=33a679407b&view=att&th=132a91f03a96be96&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=33a679407b&view=att&th=132a91ecb5b92a97&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=33a679407b&view=att&th=132a91cb3da1e186&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

idiom
09-27-2011, 07:18 AM
CNN Sez

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul rallied a sold- out crowd of more than 1800 of his most ardent under-thirty-year-old supporters in New York City Monday night.
Tickets to the event cost $20-25. It was originally scheduled to take place at the famed Webster Hall's Marlin Room, but, the event had to be moved to a room twice as large at the last minute due to an overwhelming response. The final setting was in the Grand Ballroom, which has hosted celebrities to the scale of Mick Jagger and Madonna.

Good work lads.

sailingaway
09-27-2011, 07:23 AM
CNN Sez

Good work lads.

This ^^

ronpaulhawaii
09-27-2011, 08:46 AM
Crazy night... Never got Pras on stage... Some reports are coming out,

Ron Paul, on a fundraising and "The Daily Show" trip through New York including a rally at Webster Hall, urged his supporters on (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/27/rep-ron-paul-the-country-is-ripe-for-revolution/):

"The country has changed in the last four years, but my message hasn't changed," Paul said. "The country is ripe for a true revolution".

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/64511.html#ixzz1ZAEUtWRG

(CNN) - Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul rallied a sold- out crowd of more than 1800 of his most ardent under-thirty-year-old supporters in New York City Monday night.
Tickets to the event cost $20-25. It was originally scheduled to take place at the famed Webster Hall's Marlin Room, but, the event had to be moved to a room twice as large at the last minute due to an overwhelming response. The final setting was in the Grand Ballroom, which has hosted celebrities to the scale of Mick Jagger and Madonna. http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/27/rep-ron-paul-the-country-is-ripe-for-revolution/

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/09/27/7989537-2012-still-searching-for-that-white-knight PAUL: NBC’s Betsy Korona reports: After predicting his campaign is “on the verge of an explosion” on “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart,” Rep. Ron Paul drew chants and cheers from the crowd of 1,862 supporters (according to the campaign) that packed Webster Hall’s Grand Ballroom Monday night. (First Read will have more on that appearance later this morning…)

Thanks to all who came down and helped out

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/297780_10150402904212953_663957952_9942475_1898132 663_n.jpg

KingNothing
09-27-2011, 08:47 AM
Who received the $25 for each ticket? Did the campaign get a taste of that?

BrooklynZoo
09-27-2011, 08:57 AM
Other than the gold-fringed flags, good stuff!

ronpaulhawaii
09-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Who received the $25 for each ticket? Did the campaign get a taste of that?

NYC Liberty HQ is a private social club that works to promote liberty. All money goes towards things like: materials for tabling, NH door knocking trips, subsidizing attendees for things like CPAC, as well as the normal utility expenses for the space (for things like phonebanking), and lots more. 100% of the money goes towards r3VOLution.

sailingaway
09-27-2011, 09:14 AM
NYC Liberty HQ is a private social club that works to promote liberty. All money goes towards things like: materials for tabling, NH door knocking trips, subsidizing attendees for things like CPAC, as well as the normal utility expenses for the space (for things like phonebanking), and lots more. 100% of the money goes towards r3VOLution.

This. Even just reading about them, I know these guys do great things.