PDA

View Full Version : Obama gaffe: President says billionaires should pay ‘Jew’ tax rate

bobbyw24
09-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Speaking at the Congressional Black Caucus annual awards dinner in Washington Saturday night, President Obama made a verbal boo-boo.

While defending his call for the rich to pay more in taxes, the president said he didn’t mind people calling him a class warrior for merely asking a billionaire to pay the same tax rate as a Jew. Whoops!

The president meant to say “janitor” instead of “Jew,” and he immediately corrected himself. After all, he doesn’t need any more problems keeping Jewish voters enthusiastic about his re-election bid.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/25/obama-gaffe-president-says-billionaires-should-pay-the-jew-tax-rate/#ixzz1Z1IB28jT

sluggo
09-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Lol

moderate libertarian
09-25-2011, 08:07 PM
He is an idiot.
He has been losing jewish vote already and this will not help.

BlackTerrel
09-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Isn't one of the stereotypes of jews that they are janitors?

He is an idiot.
He has been losing jewish vote already and this will not help.

I don't think he's been losing it any more than his overall approval rating. He'll still get 80% of the jew vote, just like he did last time.

Verbal slip. Things happen. Except for the time when McCain scratched his nose and it meant he killed Kennedy.

specsaregood
09-25-2011, 09:05 PM
While defending his call for the rich to pay more in taxes, the president said he didn’t mind people calling him a class warrior for merely asking a billionaire to pay the same tax rate as a Jew. Whoops!

so obama doesn't think billionaires should have to pay any taxes at all? :) progress!

amy31416
09-25-2011, 09:09 PM
Media's gonna have a field day with this one.

Rael
09-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Isn't one of the stereotypes of jews that they are janitors?

I don't think he's been losing it any more than his overall approval rating. He'll still get 80% of the jew vote, just like he did last time.

Verbal slip. Things happen. Except for the time when McCain scratched his nose and it meant he killed Kennedy.

Yeah I don't see this as a big deal. I'm not even sure "Jew" is what he meant to say.

libertarian4321
09-26-2011, 04:10 AM
Yeah I don't see this as a big deal. I'm not even sure "Jew" is what he meant to say.

It could be that he started to say a word, then changed his mind.

Maybe he started to say "Jeweler" or "Junior <insert job title here>."

Steve-in-NY
09-26-2011, 07:56 AM
Eh, whatever. The press will make a huge deal out if it (see:fishing for 100 people out of 10 million that will flip out over it - also I assure you they will find them) but in reality, other than some good joke fodder and a possible conversation starter, the majority of Earth doesnt care.

oyarde
09-27-2011, 10:09 AM
What is that ? 50% ?

wannaberocker
09-27-2011, 10:17 AM
What is a Jew janitor? Does a Jew janitor only work at jewish institutions? Is there a Jew janitor union?

wannaberocker
09-27-2011, 10:18 AM
so obama doesn't think billionaires should have to pay any taxes at all? :) progress!

haha nice one.

oyarde
09-27-2011, 10:20 AM
What is a Jew janitor? Does a Jew janitor only work at jewish institutions? Is there a Jew janitor union? I have never seen one , you guys have to introduce me to a couple before I believe it :) !

puppetmaster
09-27-2011, 11:25 AM
He just has to blow up some Iranians before election time to win these votes back

ds21089
09-27-2011, 11:59 AM
He just has to blow up some Iranians before election time to win these votes back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8MO7fkZc5o&ob=av3n

BlackTerrel
09-27-2011, 10:24 PM

True. There's nothing a Jew enjoys more than dead Iranians.

ZanZibar
09-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Watched the video, this isn't even worthy of a news story. I'm all for beating him up politically but this is just no substance.

Working Poor
09-28-2011, 08:17 AM
This is wednesday he said this on saturday nite. I don't see the liberal press having an field day.

Brian4Liberty
09-28-2011, 10:10 AM
It could be that he started to say a word, then changed his mind.

Maybe he started to say "Jeweler" or "Junior <insert job title here>."

That's what I was thinking too. He didn't finish the word.

"Junior" is most likely, as it makes sense in the context, and with a quick glance at a teleprompter, junior and janitor are not very different. And what if there was a typo on the teleprompter? Auto-spelling software might change "janior" to "junior". Or absent correction software, it still could be a typo with the "t" missing: janior. Or "junitor".

This is wednesday he said this on saturday nite. I don't see the liberal press having an field day.

Of course. They will never repeat a gaffe like this by an establishment shill, especially on the faux left, where the official narrative (charade) is that they are more "sensitive" to "diversity" issues. If it happened to Ron Paul, it would be headlines on every media outlet.