PDA

View Full Version : Please focus on RonPaul2012's End of Quarter Funding. Black This Out is not 1st priority

Article V
09-25-2011, 06:42 AM
...at least it's not a priority for the next 5 days.

I know a lot of people on here are excited about their "Black This Out" money bomb, but we really need to focus on what the campaign is asking of us.

Ron Paul is trying to plan a major ad campaign. He is also trying to woo big donors by showing how viable his candidacy is using his end of quarter numbers as evidence. If we promote and save for the BTO moneybomb at the expense of what Ron Paul is doing, we're causing him to lose money, lose time, and lose the ability to convert voters when he most needs them.

Promote the Black This Out money bomb after October 1st. For now, our priority must be the End of Quarter PUSH moneybomb goal on http://www.RonPaul2012.com.

Remember Ron Paul's campaign comes first, RevPac and Grassroots stuff come second.

Chainspell
09-25-2011, 06:44 AM
...at least it's not a priority for the next 5 days.

I know a lot of people on here are excited about their "Black This Out" money bomb, but we really need to focus on what the campaign is asking of us.

Ron Paul is trying to plan a major ad campaign. He is also trying to woo big donors by showing how viable his candidacy is using his end of quarter numbers as evidence. If we promote and save for the BTO moneybomb at the expense of what Ron Paul is doing, we're causing him to lose money, lose time, and lose the ability to convert voters when he needs them.

Promote the Black This Out money bomb after October 1st. For now, our priority must be the End of Quarter PUSH moneybomb goal on http://www.RonPaul2012.com.

Remember Ron Paul's campaign comes first, RevPac and Grassroots stuff come second.
yeah it was really a missed opportunity, it didn't do so well, so now we're focusing on making the next one a huge success :)

Article V
09-25-2011, 06:49 AM
yeah it was really a missed opportunity, it didn't do so well, so now we're focusing on making the next one a huge success :)What are you talking about? The End of Quarter PUSH is on right now! We have 5 days to raise 1.25 million. Last moneybomb took us 5 days to reach that number. We need to push the PUSH now!

Please stop all the BTO stuff until October 1st. We have a bigger fish to fry right now.

InTradePro
09-25-2011, 06:54 AM
What are you talking about? The End of Quarter PUSH is on right now! We have 5 days to raise 1.25 million. Last moneybomb took us 5 days to reach that number. We need to push the PUSH now!

Please stop all the BTO stuff until October 1st. We have a bigger fish to fry right now.

The campaign don't even have a donate button on there own facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/ronpaul They can't be at all concerned about donations otherwise they would spend just a bit of effort to communicate with the half a million Facebook members.

If you check other candidates you'll see a donate button.

Article V
09-25-2011, 06:55 AM
Could the Mods please add the End of Quarter PUSH ticker to the homepage? That might help remind people that there's an incredibly important moneybomb going on RIGHT NOW!

Big donors are going to look at the end of quarter results to help determine where they should put their donor dollars. These big donors usually back the candidates most likely to win, and they judge that by the dollar amounts in the campaign coffers.

sailingaway
09-25-2011, 06:56 AM
The campaign don't even have a donate button on there own facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/ronpaul They can't be at all concerned about donations otherwise they would spend just a bit of effort to communicate with the half a million Facebook members.

They have sent out emails and hard copy letters and are PHONING us with a recorded message from Ron, just because they don't have your donate button doesn't mean they don't really care. Yes it would be nice if they had a donate button on facebook, but they do have one on their campaign web page.

Article V
09-25-2011, 06:57 AM
The campaign don't even have a donate button on there own facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/ronpaul They can't be at all concerned about donations otherwise they would spend just a bit of effort to communicate with the half a million Facebook members.Please don't justify Grassroots re-prioritizing what Ron Paul has asked of us. Let's give Ron Paul what he says he needs. Waiting an extra 3 weeks to donate is going to cost the campaign an untold amount of big donor dollars. We need to meet the End of Quarter PUSH goal.

sailingaway
09-25-2011, 06:57 AM
Could the Mods please add the End of Quarter PUSH ticker to the homepage? That might help remind people that there's an incredibly important moneybomb going on RIGHT NOW!

Big donors are going to look at the end of quarter results to help determine where they should put their donor dollars. These big donors usually back the candidates most likely to win, and they judge that by the dollar amounts in the campaign coffers.

Mods can't, but I'll see if Bryan can. The problem is this go round the campaign has used different tech for their tickers and it messes up mirroring them, quite a bit.

Article V
09-25-2011, 06:59 AM
Mods can't, but I'll see if Bryan can. The problem is this go round the campaign has used different tech for their tickers and it messes up mirroring them, quite a bit.Ah. Damn.

sailingaway
09-25-2011, 07:03 AM
But I agree end of quarter push is the priority now. Remember how much media there was on end of quarter numbers last time? And Ron NEEDS this money for an ad campaign to break through and put more of a gap between himself and the rest of the field.

Chainspell
09-25-2011, 07:08 AM
yeah but im excited for the black this out money bomb... but my excitement just died. so nevermind.

Article V
09-25-2011, 07:49 AM
bump for Ron Paul in his time of need

Cabal
09-25-2011, 08:01 AM
I gotta say...

I'm appreciative of everyone's effort to do everything they can to support RP and his campaign, and maybe I'm alone when I say this but I'm really not liking a couple of things here:

1. I don't think specifically undermining or marginalizing an important (IMO) grassroots effort is very productive or all that respectful.
2. I also don't like some guy on the forums telling me how I should or shouldn't be using my dollars to support RP, or deciding what ought to be priority when spending my dollars.

I realize the EoQ push is important to the campaign, but I don't think you need to be going around telling people to disregard BTO to get that message across. And to me, BTO is very important because it is expressly directed at the blatant disregard the media has for Ron Paul and his campaign--the same media that is likely to ignore and/or downplay his EoQ numbers even if they are respectable in comparison to other campaigns, which would be surprising given RP's lack of cronyism relative to the so-called "top tier" thus far.

In the end, I think both are important and ought to be supported. But again, I don't think you need to be shitting on one or the other in the process of doing so.

Just my 2 cents, take it or leave it.

qwerty
09-25-2011, 08:05 AM
I really donīt understand why some person would attack us cause we are promoting BTO hard and getting results.

I can only imagine how many people we reach and how many new donors we get with this promotion, so i wouldnīt be first to attack us for doing that.

Guy just said he wants to distance himself from us, thatīs VERY rude i think.

ventron
09-25-2011, 08:09 AM
I agree the BTO moneybomb is important, but we really mustn't neglect donating now. Q3 fundraising results will be released soon and if we outraise an establishment candidate then the media definitely won't be able to black this out!

That is why the campaign is so desperate for money right now.

AmberH
09-25-2011, 08:10 AM
I have donated twice to the end of the quarter push but I will be spending my time promoting black this out. People are more excited about blackthisout so I think time spent on blackthisout is going to raise more money in the end then time spent working on the push.

Razmear
09-25-2011, 08:12 AM
Mods can't, but I'll see if Bryan can. The problem is this go round the campaign has used different tech for their tickers and it messes up mirroring them, quite a bit.

Steal the one from RP12.com, its the Q2 one using the old tech that is still embeddable.

eb

phesoge
09-25-2011, 08:13 AM
I have donated 2x as well, and been trying to get the word out about BTO. the EOQ push is very important as is BTO so lets just keep pushing em both.

sailingaway
09-25-2011, 08:14 AM
I gotta say...

I'm appreciative of everyone's effort to do everything they can to support RP and his campaign, and maybe I'm alone when I say this but I'm really not liking a couple of things here:

1. I don't think specifically undermining or marginalizing an important (IMO) grassroots effort is very productive or all that respectful.
2. I also don't like some guy on the forums telling me how I should or shouldn't be using my dollars to support RP, or deciding what ought to be priority when spending my dollars.

I realize the EoQ push is important to the campaign, but I don't think you need to be going around telling people to disregard BTO to get that message across. And to me, BTO is very important because it is expressly directed at the blatant disregard the media has for Ron Paul and his campaign--the same media that is likely to ignore and/or downplay his EoQ numbers even if they are respectable in comparison to other campaigns, which would be surprising given RP's lack of cronyism relative to the so-called "top tier" thus far.

In the end, I think both are important and ought to be supported. But again, I don't think you need to be shitting on one or the other in the process of doing so.

Just my 2 cents, take it or leave it.

I'm not the OP but I'm not saying BTO shouldn't be pushed or that people shouldn't use their time and money their way. But this forum overall supports the campaign, and supports Ron's fundraising efforts for the end of quarter push which is going on RIGHT NOW Meanwhile there have been as many as 5 or 6 threads at one time on the front page about this one FUTURE moneybomb, which is taking over the real estate. That is different from saying you should spend your money as you like. Someone coming here would be seeing they should wait and not know the end of quarter push is on.

One thought would be to combine the various BTO money bomb threads or give it its own subforum, maybe, until the end of quarter push is over, not sure the best way to deal with it. I want it to be huge, but we also want Ron to get the $1.5 million he needs now, and the best media he can get from the end of quarter fundraising media. People are looking for the guy who can be an alternative to Romney Perry, and end of quarter numbers is one of the things they look at.

ItsTime
09-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Why would any real supporter try to kill the momentum of this Moneybomb? I have not seen excitement about a moneybomb like this since Nov 5th.

ItsTime
09-25-2011, 08:16 AM
yeah but im excited for the black this out money bomb... but my excitement just died. so nevermind.

Ha you cant be serious, you just made one of the best moneybomb videos of this election cycle.

AmberH
09-25-2011, 08:18 AM
I have donated 2x as well, and been trying to get the word out about BTO. the EOQ push is very important as is BTO so lets just keep pushing em both.

Yes lets do both. BTO is going to get us new donors

qwerty
09-25-2011, 08:18 AM
Instead fighting here shouldnīt we be promoting....whatever we want to ?

But never attack people who are working for the campaign hard, thatīs so RUDE!

ventron
09-25-2011, 08:20 AM
Instead fighting here shouldnīt we be promoting....whatever we want to ?

But never attack people who are working for the campaign hard, thatīs so RUDE!

I don't think it's fighting, it's just that the next 5 days are so incredibly important. If we get a good fundraising number then we will get more media coverage and donors. Q3 numbers are important for our momentum, and 19 days is enough time for donors to replenish their wallets for BTO :)

qwerty
09-25-2011, 08:22 AM
I don't think it's fighting, it's just that the next 5 days are so incredibly important. If we get a good fundraising number then we will get more media coverage and donors. Q3 numbers are important for our momentum, and 19 days is enough time for donors to replenish their wallets for BTO :)

iīm sorry...iīm pushing only BTO...You guys do what you want to! :)

You donīt need me to promote...

ninepointfive
09-25-2011, 08:24 AM
But this forum overall supports the campaign, and supports Ron's fundraising efforts for the end of quarter push which is going on RIGHT NOW Meanwhile there have been as many as 5 or 6 threads at one time on the front page about this one FUTURE moneybomb, which is taking over the real estate.

Number one, you don't speak for the forums, and number two: start promoting the end of quarter push!

Cabal
09-25-2011, 08:26 AM
I'm not the OP but I'm not saying BTO shouldn't be pushed or that people shouldn't use their time and money their way. But this forum overall supports the campaign, and supports Ron's fundraising efforts for the end of quarter push which is going on RIGHT NOW Meanwhile there have been as many as 5 or 6 threads at one time on the front page about this one FUTURE moneybomb, which is taking over the real estate. That is different from saying you should spend your money as you like. Someone coming here would be seeing they should wait and not know the end of quarter push is on.

One thought would be to combine the various BTO money bomb threads or give it its own subforum, maybe, until the end of quarter push is over, not sure the best way to deal with it. I want it to be huge, but we also want Ron to get the $1.5 million he needs now, and the best media he can get from the end of quarter fundraising media. People are looking for the guy who can be an alternative to Romney Perry, and end of quarter numbers is one of the things they look at.

I'm all for supporting the campaign, and I think pretty much everyone here (on this forum) is probably on board with that.

So what if there are 5 or 6 threads promoting BTO? That obviously means it's important to some people, and they are passionate about seeing it become a success. There's no reason 5 or 6 threads can't also be created about EoQ without specifically targeting and marginalizing another campaign effort. (Though, IMO more than one thread about either isn't really necessary--that's what bumping is for, but I digress.) Either way, sweeping BTO under the rug into some sub-forum doesn't seem all that respectful to me either.

My point is, if you want to promote something--especially for Ron Paul's sake--do so with a positive attitude, not a contentious one. Inspire and motivate people, do not dictate to them, try to censor them, or attack another effort that is trying to help RP's campaign and message. Going into their promotion threads and telling people not to donate to BTO, for instance, is not productive. Creating a thread to promote EoQ while shitting on BTO in the title of the thread is also the wrong way to go about promoting EoQ as well, in my view. I'm supportive of both the EoQ push and the BTO moneybomb, but some people are making it seem like they are mutually exclusive; and I don't see how drawing lines in the sand is representative of Ron Paul, or productive for him.

qwerty
09-25-2011, 08:28 AM
Number one, you don't speak for the forums, and number two: start promoting the end of quarter push!

SO great post! :D

qwerty
09-25-2011, 08:29 AM
i'm all for supporting the campaign, and i think pretty much everyone here (on this forum) is probably on board with that.

So what if there are 5 or 6 threads promoting bto? That obviously means it's important to some people, and they are passionate about seeing it become a success. There's no reason 5 or 6 threads can't also be created about eoq without specifically targeting and marginalizing another campaign effort. (though, imo more than one thread about either isn't really necessary--that's what bumping is for, but i digress.) either way, sweeping bto under the rug into some sub-forum doesn't seem all that respectful to me either.

My point is, if you want to promote something--especially for ron paul's sake--do so with a positive attitude, not a contentious one. Inspire and motivate people, do not dictate to them, try to censor them, or attack another effort that is trying to help rp's campaign and message. Going into their promotion threads and telling people not to donate to bto, for instance, is not productive. Creating a thread to promote eoq while shitting on bto in the title of the thread is also the wrong way to go about promoting eoq as well, in my view. I'm supportive of both the eoq push and the bto moneybomb, but some people are making it seem like they are mutually exclusive; and i don't see how drawing lines in the sand is representative of ron paul, or productive for him.

this post is too awesome! :)

SchleckBros
09-25-2011, 08:30 AM
This is dumb. If the campaign was in direr need of money I'd agree with you, but they're not. They just made a million dollar ad buy so I highly doubt they need any money right now. And the fact is people are much more likely to get excited for a money bomb and donate more money to reach a goal in a 24 hour span than a two week long end of quarter push that nobody cares about. People like energy, enthusiasm, and excitement. Plus, a giant money bomb gets attention and will likely get mentioned in the media, raising money for an end of the quarter does not.

bluesc
09-25-2011, 08:30 AM
Guys, the campaign wants you to max out your donations now if it is at all possible. Any donation you can afford now is important. Any donations your friends can afford now is important. I will continue to promote the BTO moneybomb, but the end of quarter push needs to be as big as possible. Do everything you can to make it happen.

ItsTime
09-25-2011, 08:32 AM
I'm all for supporting the campaign, and I think pretty much everyone here (on this forum) is probably on board with that.

So what if there are 5 or 6 threads promoting BTO? That obviously means it's important to some people, and they are passionate about seeing it become a success. There's no reason 5 or 6 threads can't also be created about EoQ without specifically targeting and marginalizing another campaign effort. (Though, IMO more than one thread about either isn't really necessary--that's what bumping is for, but I digress.) Either way, sweeping BTO under the rug into some sub-forum doesn't seem all that respectful to me either.

My point is, if you want to promote something--especially for Ron Paul's sake--do so with a positive attitude, not a contentious one. Inspire and motivate people, do not dictate to them, try to censor them, or attack another effort that is trying to help RP's campaign and message. Going into their promotion threads and telling people not to donate to BTO, for instance, is not productive. Creating a thread to promote EoQ while shitting on BTO in the title of the thread is also the wrong way to go about promoting EoQ as well, in my view. I'm supportive of both the EoQ push and the BTO moneybomb, but some people are making it seem like they are mutually exclusive; and I don't see how drawing lines in the sand is representative of Ron Paul, or productive for him.

+Rep. Does not matter now anyway, nothing is stopping the momentum of BTO. Everywhere I go I am seeing it.

ninepointfive
09-25-2011, 08:33 AM
Last election, we were all new at this, and it felt like one big family. Now we're all so driven, that there are competing money-bombs, and grassroots efforts. Lets make sure to get the end of quarter push, Black This Out, and All the delegates we need to win the caucus states! :toady:

qwerty
09-25-2011, 08:33 AM
+rep. Does not matter now anyway, nothing is stopping the momentum of bto. Everywhere i go i am seeing it.

yeah man!!!!

this is so awesome!

I wasn`t expecting this to grow this was when we started!

ronpaulhawaii
09-25-2011, 09:48 AM
... I have not seen excitement about a moneybomb like this since Nov 5th.

Yup.

I do both:

Hard Rock promo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALtnqBxwPYI (http://t.co/IHwecsEM) - for after the Q3 push, going on now @ http://www.ronpaul2012.com (http://t.co/bP2sq0Ll) #gop (http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23gop) #tcot (http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23tcot) #freedomfighters (http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23freedomfighters) for #liberty (http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23liberty)

I can agree that it would be great to see people promoting the EOQ with more enthusiasm they are promoting BTO, but that don't seem to be happenin'. The nature of the beast and all that...

In the spirit of making lemonade, I use the opportunity to get people to go to www.ronpaul2012.com where they will be asked to, "DONATE NOW (https://secure.ronpaul2012.com/)"

Complainers rarely lead, and leaders rarely complain

Press on!

rich34
09-25-2011, 11:16 AM
I think people ought to donate to what they can. If they can afford to do so now, obviously it's very important if you're going to do it, do it now. If you're one of those that have to save up then save up and donate on the BTO date and if you really want to help the campaign then go out on other forums and spread the word about the end of quarter push. It's not hard to see we need both events to be successful folks, lets not fight over this!

qwerty
09-25-2011, 11:22 AM
I think people ought to donate to what they can. If they can afford to do so now, obviously it's very important if you're going to do it, do it now. If you're one of those that have to save up then save up and donate on the BTO date and if you really want to help the campaign then go out on other forums and spread the word about the end of quarter push. It's not hard to see we need both events to be successful folks, lets not fight over this!

agree! Just let people do what they want to! :)

LibertyEsq
09-25-2011, 11:26 AM
iīm sorry...iīm pushing only BTO...You guys do what you want to! :)

You donīt need me to promote...

Lol what a great attitude...BTO is clearly hurting the Q3 (which gets reported throughout the media) which is why I've switched my promotion efforts towards the Q3 push

qwerty
09-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Lol what a great attitude...BTO is clearly hurting the Q3 (which gets reported throughout the media) which is why I've switched my promotion efforts towards the Q3 push

itīs quite sad that you attack me cause of my attitude but i wonīt start to argue...

LibertyEsq
09-25-2011, 11:48 AM
itīs quite sad that you attack me cause of my attitude but i wonīt start to argue...

It's more sad that you're hurting the campaign just to see a big number on the 19th and I guess make a name for yourself with 9000 threads

qwerty
09-25-2011, 11:50 AM
It's more sad that you're hurting the campaign just to see a big number on the 19th and I guess make a name for yourself with 9000 threads

yeah, now iīm hurting the campaign right ? working my ass off to get Ron Pauls name to everyones lips...as i promote BTO, i also promote Ron Paul you see...

where do i tell people not to donate now or not to promote it ?

Name for myself, i have been here since jul 2007....over 10.000 posts....been on the cnn in the last campaign(they filmed these forums)! ;)

phesoge
09-25-2011, 11:51 AM
QWERTY is going crazy promoting the BTO moneybomb, and we shouldn't assault him for his/her efforts. Sure, there is an EOQ push that is critical ,and we have a donation thread roling with it right now that we should be bumping until the quarter ends. I hope we can all donate to the EOQ push, but there is no reason put BTO on hold. IF some people are more passioante about BTO let them channel that passion now for BTO, not starting 10/1.

Forget the stupid arguments. Just keep pressing on both, or one of them. Wherever you feel your talents are best used.

qwerty
09-25-2011, 11:53 AM
QWERTY is going crazy promoting the BTO moneybomb, and we shouldn't assault him for his/her efforts. Sure, there is an EOQ push that is critical ,and we have a donation thread roling with it right now that we should be bumping until the quarter ends. I hope we can all donate to the EOQ push, but there is no reason put BTO on hold. IF some people are more passioante about BTO let them channel that passion now for BTO, not starting 10/1.

Forget the stupid arguments. Just keep pressing on both, or one of them. Wherever you feel your talents are best used.

thanks! :)

I know that most of the people think like you!

phesoge
09-25-2011, 11:53 AM
thanks! :)

I know that most of the people think like you!

Thank You

LibertyEsq
09-25-2011, 11:55 AM
been on the cnn in the last campaign(they filmed these forums)! ;)

That explains the 9000 threads

cero
09-25-2011, 11:58 AM
man in every thread all you do is talk shit.
let people do what they want to do.

LibertyEsq
09-25-2011, 12:01 PM
man in every thread all you do is talk shit.

Well yea that's what needs to be done when people are hurting the efforts of the campaign

qwerty
09-25-2011, 12:02 PM
Well yea that's what needs to be done when people are hurting the efforts of the campaign

where ?

cero
09-25-2011, 12:05 PM
just stop pls.
why the hell aren't the mods editing your post like all the other bs they edit.
you need to go about it differently. remind them to donate now. but don't undermine other peoples effort.

PaulConventionWV
09-25-2011, 12:18 PM
yeah man!!!!

this is so awesome!

I wasn`t expecting this to grow this was when we started!

In truth, I wasn't either, but you have really done a lot to make it a big thing. Good job, qwerty! :)

qwerty
09-25-2011, 12:24 PM
In truth, I wasn't either, but you have really done a lot to make it a big thing. Good job, qwerty! :)

Thank you, sir!

I give credit to everyone out there! :)

ForLiberty2012
09-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Op wants to black out "black this out" lol... my thoughts are this... if you have a number in your head that you are going to donate to bto, don't change it just for the eoq push. While eoq is important, we are trying to make history with bto... and it's delightful to see the excitement and passion that people like qwerty have about it!