PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul gaining momentum in N.H. primary

sailingaway
09-24-2011, 09:16 PM
This is from earlier this week, but I didn't see it posted here:

http://www.boston.com/Boston/politicalintelligence/2011/09/ron-paul-gaining-momnetum-primary/A9thyXWcZqgKVvKZlaRhVN/index.html

FSP-Rebel
09-24-2011, 09:41 PM
I wonder what $1 Mill in ads will divvy out to us w/ 3 different ones as far as poll #s.. If we can't grow with top notch ads, then go on and say it... Surely, interviews/debates and God knows what else have done us little. We can bring others to the table with us but winning over primary participants is where we get mileage.

Anti Federalist
09-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Nice find.

Yet last night, a Suffolk University poll of likely New Hampshire voters found Paul in second place. While former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney maintained a huge lead over all his competitors, Paul was leading the pack of other contenders at 14 percent, with his closest rival, former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman, four points back.

An Iowa win is crucial, since the hidebound NH GOP is unlikely to get over their Romney-love. I'm doing what I can, but they are just starry eyed over him. Romney is the threat now, and needs to be taken apart and deflated like Perry was, and it needs to happen at Ron's hands. He needs to be the one to do it.

Second would not be bad, after a win in Iowa.

Outreach and GOTV to non GOP primary voters in NH is crucial, I think.

eleganz
09-24-2011, 09:44 PM
If we're gonna get second in NH, it has to be at least 25%...if we get results similar to the suffolk poll we will still be considered a long shot, we gotta make the chances and conditions as good as we can.

guys, how are we looking in NJ?

FSP-Rebel
09-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Nice find.

An Iowa win is crucial, since the hidebound NH GOP is unlikely to get over their Romney-love. I'm doing what I can, but they are just starry eyed over him. Romney is the threat now, and needs to be taken apart and deflated like Perry was, and it needs to happen at Ron's hands. He needs to be the one to do it.

Second would not be bad, after a win in Iowa.

Outreach and GOTV to non GOP primary voters in NH is crucial, I think.
Word but it seems like every debate, whether good or bad for Mitt, he solidifies in the NH polls. Damn...

D.A.S.
09-24-2011, 09:59 PM
If we're gonna get second in NH, it has to be at least 25%...if we get results similar to the suffolk poll we will still be considered a long shot, we gotta make the chances and conditions as good as we can.

guys, how are we looking in NJ?

What's the connection between NH and NJ? ;)

tremendoustie
09-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Ron needs to hit romney hard at the next debate. Lest we forget, Ron introduced the issues with perry's record that are bringing him down. Point out all the reasons we don't support Romney -- his big government, pro bailout, etc, history.

KingNothing
09-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Ron needs to hit romney hard at the next debate. Lest we forget, Ron introduced the issues with perry's record that are bringing him down. Point out all the reasons we dOn't support Romney -- his big government supporting history, bailout support, etc.

Nah, not yet.

Wait til Perry is falling.

FSP-Rebel
09-24-2011, 10:04 PM
There is none, sport. New England is some *hit but NH isn't a hard sell for Dr. Paul. Any pt ure trying to make?

RKoho
09-24-2011, 10:04 PM
I'm so proud of NH I think I might move there someday. I mean any state that backs Paul has to be pretty decent right? :D

tremendoustie
09-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Nah, not yet.

Wait til Perry is falling.

Hmm, you might be right.

eleganz
09-24-2011, 10:31 PM

My concern for NJ was a separate question for those would would know, maybe like yourself since you seem to be from that state.

hellsingfan
09-24-2011, 10:34 PM
We definitely need to break 20% otherwise when someone says our ceiling is 15%, we really can't argue.

trey4sports
09-24-2011, 10:38 PM
We definitely need to break 20% otherwise when someone says our ceiling is 15%, we really can't argue.

to be fair, our ceiling was 5%, then 8%, then 10%, now it's 15%. Tomorrow it will be 20%.

VoluntaryAmerican
09-24-2011, 10:50 PM
This gives me a lot of hope... We need to win NH so bad !

D.A.S.
09-24-2011, 11:15 PM
My concern for NJ was a separate question for those would would know, maybe like yourself since you seem to be from that state.

I was taken by surprise by a question about NJ because NJ normally doesn't seem to concern too many people in the primaries.

In 2008, the primary went like this: 55.4% McCain, 28.4% Romney, 8.2% Huckabee, and 4.8% Paul.

The only poll available for NJ is the one from PPP (7/15 - 7/18, 300 ppl): 21% Romney, 18% Bachmann, 16% Palin, 10% Perry, 10% Paul, 6% Pawlenty, 6% Gingrich, 5% Cain, 2% Huntsman.

On the ground, I don't see much Ron Paul support in terms of bumper stickers or t-shirts. In fact, since 2008, I've only seen but a small handful of cars with Ron Paul 2008 stickers. I have not seen a single car with Ron Paul 2012 stickers yet, other than mine and my gf's. I live in a pretty urban suburn, along the busy Rt 1 corridor just NorthEast of Trenton. Recently, someone put up a big hand-made sign "Ron Paul 2012" on one of the posts on the side of Rt 1. That made my day when I saw it. I haven't seen anyone wearing Ron Paul t-shirts.

Jersey is a weird mix of urban, suburban, and rural. Urban is deeply blue. Suburban seems to be leaning Red, probably near the center, which would generally mean establishment. Rural area of NJ are deeply red, but I don't know much about them and would assume they would normally go for social conservatives.

Paul4Prez
09-24-2011, 11:30 PM
I'm so proud of NH I think I might move there someday. I mean any state that backs Paul has to be pretty decent right? :D

A lot of states gave Paul a higher percentage of votes than New Hampshire last time. Of course, there were more candidates still in the race in NH, and McCain was viewed as the "maverick" independent-type candidate that New Hampshirites tend to fall for. Ron Paul should own that label this time around.

centure7
09-24-2011, 11:55 PM
RKoho, wow you must have never heard of the Free State Project. Not only is New Hampshire the most free state in the union but its getting even better thanks to the efforts! There is no doubt that The FSP has had a big impact on getting Ron Paul a lot of new votes.

anaconda
09-25-2011, 12:03 AM

But they are backing Romney. By an enormous differential. I'm not following you..