PDA

View Full Version : Cain wins Florida straw poll

bill1971
09-24-2011, 05:03 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/24/us-usa-campaign-winner-idUSTRE78N2RE20110924

I guess he is more of a threat than I thought.

moderate libertarian
09-24-2011, 05:05 PM
No he's not, he could have cashed in for his anti muslim, pro gay rhetoric in South Florida.

He is a zero threat and will remain there.

bill1971
09-24-2011, 05:09 PM
No he's not, he could have cashed in for his anti muslim, pro gay rhetoric in South Florida.

He is a zero threat and will remain there.

You may be right, but you can see now how the country might be inclined to ignore Ron Paul when he does well in straw polls.

bill1971
09-24-2011, 06:27 PM
I bet the media will ignore it since its not Perry or romney.

furface
09-24-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm curious as to why you say that Herman Cain is "pro gay."

The Florida straw poll is an insider's poll. The Iowa poll was much more legitimate.

Agorism
09-24-2011, 07:01 PM

The Florida straw poll is an insider's poll. The Iowa poll was much more legitimate.

I noticed we tend to poll poorly in Florida compared to other states, but this straw poll must have caught the campaign off guard a bit. Normally Paul easily organizes and gets at least top 2 finish in such things.

moderate libertarian
09-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Perry and Romney not taking big lead in FL is even little bit good news for Ron Paul, although it is not as significant as a straw poll as Iowa straw poll for a Republican primary.

This has been one of the few news about him that has caused any splash in media.

Herman Cain told Marie Diamond of Think Progress that he would not have a problem appointing an openly gay person to his cabinet — because at least they're not a Muslim!

Read more: http://www.towleroad.com/2011/06/cainsharia.html#ixzz1YvIy2Hkp

If there was a GOP Primary in New York or San Farncisco, Cain will probably do there well also as there are fewer conservative Republicans and ones that are tend to be pro war, pro gay rights type "conservatives". Unless this Republican is in the GOP race in those States, then Cain has no chance:

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/N/q/1/rudy_giuliani_rockette.jpg

Imaginos
09-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Good.
Now Cain can take some votes aways from Romney and Perry so all of them will go self-destruct and Dr. Paul will get the nomination.

Pauls' Revere
09-24-2011, 09:20 PM
From article:

But Florida's Republican Party had noted that since 1979 every winner of the Florida straw poll has gone on to become the party's nominee. Senator John McCain won it in the 2008 cycle and defeated Romney to become the nominee.

hhmmm....

cindy25
09-24-2011, 09:44 PM
this will push Christie and Palin to enter

rp08orbust
09-24-2011, 09:47 PM
From article:

But Florida's Republican Party had noted that since 1979 every winner of the Florida straw poll has gone on to become the party's nominee. Senator John McCain won it in the 2008 cycle and defeated Romney to become the nominee.

hhmmm....

Article is false. The straw poll at Presidency 4 in 2008 was canceled.

james1906
09-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Although Cain is establishment, he is promoted as not being an insider. For this insider poll to give him first place does demonstrate that even the rank and file are tired of the "top tier" slop being fed to them.

Pauls' Revere
09-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Although Cain is establishment, he is promoted as not being an insider. For this insider poll to give him first place does demonstrate that even the rank and file are tired of the "top tier" slop being fed to them.

LOL "top tier slop"

sailingaway
09-24-2011, 10:58 PM
From article:

hhmmm....

except that isn't true. They didn't have it in that election cycle because campaigns were complaining about it.

AGRP
09-24-2011, 11:10 PM
They found that many brain dead people would vote for someone who used to chair the Federal Reserve?

TCE
09-24-2011, 11:17 PM
They found that many brain dead people would vote for someone who used to chair the Federal Reserve?

It's because very few know that about him. They know him as the savior of Godfather's Pizza. And it wasn't THE Federal Reserve, it was a Fed branch. Still bad, I know, but I don't think he'll be a threat.

Keith and stuff
09-24-2011, 11:20 PM
I noticed we tend to poll poorly in Florida compared to other states, but this straw poll must have caught the campaign off guard a bit. Normally Paul easily organizes and gets at least top 2 finish in such things.

As others were saying, this poll is more for GOP insiders. It's very hard to organize and pay for votes or fly people in from out of state. This poll is more for the rank and file GOP activists. Since it was Cain, it wouldn't be covered too much.

cindy25
09-25-2011, 06:19 AM
no way will Cain be the nominee; his hope is to be chosen VP (and draw black Dems) if the Dems nominate Hillary (More likely by the day, even Dick Morris expects it now)

Imaginos
09-25-2011, 06:28 AM
this will push Christie and Palin to enter
If both of them jump into the race, then Dr. Paul will lock-in the nomination.
While political whores and their sheeples fight to death to cut each others' throat, the only man with integrity (Dr. Paul) will maintain his core base and keep gaining more votes.
Let's hope they all jump into the race.
It'll be the best thing for us and this country.

Aratus
09-25-2011, 11:32 AM
mitt owned half of mackinac in a gen'l bullmoose manner.
herman cain had a legit sweep by 20+ points in orlando.
we need to keep an eye on mitt as we knock rick perry
out of the race totally. we have a mojo and momentum!

Bordillo
09-25-2011, 02:27 PM
what does pro gay mean? Not for trampling gay peoples rights? Ron paul would be pro gay as well then