PDA

View Full Version : Really good write-up from LA Times on P5 Strawpoll

D.A.S.
09-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Here it is: http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-cain-florida-straw-poll-poll-20110924,0,3557353.story

It doesn't really have anything about Ron Paul in it other than his percentage of votes, but it gives a pretty nice idea of how damaging this may be for Perry and what a blow Cain's win is to the FL Republican Party.

wgadget
09-24-2011, 05:56 PM
LOL...Was this your comment?

ParkyPundit at 3:41 PM September 24, 2011

What does Rick Perry have in common with a slice of bread, heated to a golden brown finish on both sides?

They're both toast.

Thank you. I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

http://billschmalfeldt.com

wgadget
09-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Great article, by the way. I love seeing Establishment GOPs getting burned.

D.A.S.
09-24-2011, 05:58 PM
LOL...Was this your comment?

ParkyPundit at 3:41 PM September 24, 2011

What does Rick Perry have in common with a slice of bread, heated to a golden brown finish on both sides?

They're both toast.

Thank you. I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

http://billschmalfeldt.com

LOL! No, I didn't comment on this article at all, but that comment was funny as heck :-)

rockandrollsouls
09-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Why in the hell didn't Ron give a speech?....

specsaregood
09-24-2011, 06:27 PM
Why in the hell didn't Ron give a speech?....
he did, yesterday. and it was a good one. he followed up by making an even better one at LSU last night.

sailingaway
09-24-2011, 06:42 PM
he did, yesterday. and it was a good one. he followed up by making an even better one at LSU last night.

His speech yesterday was at CPAC, but LSU was a big deal. 1300 people at the university and 800 people at the campaign headquarters opening.

Badger Paul
09-24-2011, 06:42 PM
"I know Cain isn't going to be nominated," he said. "This was an opportunity to vote how you really feel."

If that's the case, Perry is screwed.

Another flash in the pan.

D.A.S.
09-24-2011, 07:19 PM
"I know Cain isn't going to be nominated," he said. "This was an opportunity to vote how you really feel."

You know, upon closer inspection, that is an interesting quote from the article. I think it digs at the question of electability again. What the Perry supporter who switched to vote for Cain at P5 said was that he could actually vote how he felt at this strawpoll, and he chose Herman Cain. But then he turns around and says that Cain won't be nominated (i.e., "unelectable"), so that tells me that the reason he's been supporting Perry is because he feels Perry can get the nomination and beat Obama.

Boy this electability stuff sure is entrenched into people's minds. They like a candidate but feel that they can't win, so they feel forced to vote for someone who they are told CAN win. This is a sad, sad mentality in an electorate. I think every once in a while, the voting public needs to be RETRAINED about what it means to vote for someone. Our elections are such a twisted game because people feel like they have to vote for someone to vote AGAINST someone. Well how about a vote of no confidence in any candidate if you don't like what's on the ballot? With this herd mentality, it makes the electorate remarkable easy to manipulate for anyone with wide access to information dissemination.