PDA

View Full Version : Was Patrick Buchanan robbed of the GOP nomination in 96?

Microsecessionist
09-24-2011, 04:21 PM
http://www.dailypaul.com/174218/shocking-truth-patrick-j-buchanan-robbed-in-iowa-louisiana-and-arizona-in-1992

It wouldn't surprise me, but I don't know anything about the background of the sources. They could very well be unreliable (or worse), but I don't know so that's why I'm asking. I'm not the biggest Pat Buchanan fan either, but he's definitely better than most.

I had thought that Bush 41 may have robbed him in 92 (Bush 41 was extremely liberal, his performance was horrible, and it was originally thought that PJB was going to beat him), but the link above talks about PJB's 96 run. I know that Dole was desparate to be the GOP nominee.

I fear that Dr. Paul could be robbed. In fact, that's one of my greatest fears. We need to be on the lookout for that next year.

Voluntary Man
09-24-2011, 04:24 PM
Yes

PaulConventionWV
09-24-2011, 05:33 PM
Probably. And after giving me that little history lesson on Bush 41, I think it's likely he stole the election, too. Probably not without a lot of propaganda and private interest money, though.

klamath
09-24-2011, 05:40 PM
No. PJB made a really bad speech after his NH win that turned me off at the time. His anti israel stand killed him with the media. One h*ll of the sh*t storm of media cricism hit after his NH win. Retrospect we would have been one heck of lot better off had he won though.