PDA

View Full Version : GET THIS (Florida straw poll was scewed on purpose by Romney?)

dolphin
09-24-2011, 03:56 PM
“Romney campaign is having their Presidency5 delegates vote for Cain to skew results,” insisted Gaetz.
http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/blog/rick-perry-backer-matt-gaetz-romney-supporters-voting-herman-cain-skew-results

libertybrewcity
09-24-2011, 03:57 PM
makes sense. McCain gave delegates to Huckabee in West Virginia during the primary in 08 so Romney wouldn't win..

DGraham
09-24-2011, 03:59 PM
But wasn't Romney only 1% behind Perry?

MelissaWV
09-24-2011, 04:00 PM
makes sense. McCain gave delegates to Huckabee in West Virginia during the primary in 08 so Romney wouldn't win..

You have that so twisted that it makes me weep :(

kahless
09-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Why would he do that?

Aratus
09-24-2011, 04:01 PM
IT HAS GEORGIA GOiNG FAVORITE SON! MITT WAS BEING LOGICAL. BEAUT OF A PLOY! IT SLAM DUNKs GUV*RICK TOTALLY!

PaulConventionWV
09-24-2011, 04:04 PM

That was different. McCain didn't give anything. His supporters were forced to vote for someone else once he was eliminated. We struck a deal with the Huckabee people in order to get national convention delegates. In this straw poll, nothing was at stake except for a straw poll win and they still had the choice of voting for their candidate.

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-24-2011, 04:08 PM
That explains some things. Santorum placing so high and Bachmann placing so low still is confusing.

MelissaWV
09-24-2011, 04:09 PM
That was different. McCain didn't give anything. His supporters were forced to vote for someone else once he was eliminated. We struck a deal with the Huckabee people in order to get national convention delegates. In this straw poll, nothing was at stake except for a straw poll win and they still had the choice of voting for their candidate.

No No No No. McCain did not do anything and was not yet eliminated.

Ron Paul was eliminated in the first round of voting, so his delegates to the WV State GOP Convention were no longer able to vote for their guy. Most of us threw our support behind Huckabee at that point. Some did leave. Some probably voted for someone else (I'm guessing on that.) Our support put Huck ahead of Romney.

It is not playing dirty. It was the only real option left.

As to this poll, Romney is about the only one with overflowing coffers capable of doing this. It's just a rumor, but it wouldn't be playing dirty, and honestly I hope he did it. It's a ridiculous waste of money and will make him look ridiculous if it gets out.

sailingaway
09-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Just for future reference, do you see how reaching and petty it makes Perry seem for this guy to be saying that?

Perry spoke there this morning, Santorum and Cain spoke. Mitt and Ron have their own supporters. So it is what it is. Cain is a celebrity in Florida and Georgia from his radio show. They are his strongest areas.

dolphin
09-24-2011, 04:11 PM
That explains some things. Santorum placing so high and Bachmann placing so low still is confusing.

Santorum was there and lobbied delegates in person to switch their votes.

I saw one of them interviewed who claimed to have switched after talking to him in person.

He probably earned his showing and actually deserved them.

BSU kid
09-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Based on the Cain fans I saw after he won, I would imagine the majority of his votes were legit.

RileyE104
09-24-2011, 04:21 PM
Just for future reference, do you see how reaching and petty it makes Perry seem for this guy to be saying that?

Perry spoke there this morning, Santorum and Cain spoke. Mitt and Ron have their own supporters. So it is what it is. Cain is a celebrity in Florida and Georgia from his radio show. They are his strongest areas.

This makes the most sense.

John F Kennedy III
09-24-2011, 04:24 PM
Of course Perry's people would say this.

Aratus
09-24-2011, 04:24 PM
the georgia fishfry win was not a fluke, nor why we came in a close second!

dolphin
09-24-2011, 04:25 PM
This makes the most sense.

An independent reporter on the scene did say earlier that there were a lot of people wearing Cain buttons.

Susan McManus who seems to be a well respected political analyst actually said earlier today when asked who
would win that she expected an upset.

I would call Cain winning a bit of an upset, but Romney pulling a fast one to mess with Perry sounds feasable.

I think we should ignore it and assume its just an unfounded rumour as the only benefit to accepting it as a fact would actually help Romney in the long run if people believed it.

ctiger2
09-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Need Cain to endorse Ron when he decides to drop out.

Article V
09-24-2011, 04:32 PM
Um, this is called 'spin'. There's no way to document it, no way to refute it. If Romney had enough supporters to give Herman Cain the win, why wouldn't he use that large support to give himself the win?

This is simply a conspiracy theory meant to discredit the results and keep the press on Perry while hurting Romney. Notice how the theory wasn't published till after the votes were counted? Just a few hours earlier the Perry campaign was publishing stories about their win in Florida. Trust me, this fail-safe conspiracy theory was thought up to save Perry after he tanked in the FL debate. We should never give credence to ridiculous stories such as this when they're published after the fact.

Article V
09-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Need Cain to endorse Ron when he decides to drop out.Not gonna happen. Besides the fact that Cain supports going to war if Israel is attacked, he also already publicly chose Romney as his hypothetical VP.

Aratus
09-24-2011, 04:36 PM
CAIN's ORLANDO WIN TOPs NBC's NIGHTLY NEWs!
mitt romney is going to speak up on mackinac tonite.

S.Shorland
09-24-2011, 04:38 PM
People have just sussed out Perry is all hat and no trousers.

samforpaul
09-24-2011, 05:04 PM
So if I understand the Romney move correctly it goes like this: It's apparent that I'm not going to win, sooo let me direct some of my votes to prevent my closest competitor from winning. Therefore Cain, not Perry garners the publicity.

wgadget
09-24-2011, 05:28 PM
So if I understand the Romney move correctly it goes like this: It's apparent that I'm not going to win, sooo let me direct some of my votes to prevent my closest competitor from winning. Therefore Cain, not Perry garners the publicity.

And Im' sure Perry will go along with the story, as well. LOL

erowe1
09-24-2011, 05:32 PM
So Romney could have beaten Perry, but he thought it would be better for Perry to beat him, so he had his supporters vote for Cain?

wgadget
09-24-2011, 05:35 PM
So Romney could have beaten Perry, but he thought it would be better for Perry to beat him, so he had his supporters vote for Cain?

No, no, no. Romney KNEW he'd lose, so he paid Perry people off to vote for Cain.

erowe1
09-24-2011, 05:36 PM
No, no, no. Romney KNEW he'd lose, so he paid Perry people off to vote for Cain.

What? He literally gave them money?

InTradePro
09-24-2011, 05:36 PM
Cain won because Paul's supports voter tactically for him to crush Perry! :D ;) You can "take that to the bank" :p

sailingaway
09-24-2011, 05:37 PM
What? He literally gave them money?

I sincerely doubt it. Pure sour grapes.

erowe1
09-24-2011, 05:38 PM
I sincerely doubt it. Pure sour grapes.

Is that what they're saying though?

It really doesn't make any sense, especially since I assume there's no sure way to prove who you voted for.

Bruno
09-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Perry is a kooky conspiracy theorist?

Aratus
09-24-2011, 05:40 PM
People have just sussed out Perry is all hat and no trousers. clever quip!

rich34
09-24-2011, 10:43 PM
CAIN's ORLANDO WIN TOPs NBC's NIGHTLY NEWs!
mitt romney is going to speak up on mackinac tonite.

Wow, are you serious? And just think of all the straw polls that Ron has won and hardly any mention except for CPAC.