PDA

View Full Version : End of Don't Ask, Don't Tell 9/21/11: Congrats

Agorism
09-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Gays can now serve openly in the military.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_LH8qmB5Hc9g/SRxCc4fwB1I/AAAAAAAABZA/UQjri1aIwE0/s400/InTheNavy2.jpg

Rael
09-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Alright! Now gays can kill people overseas who are no threat to us, just like straight people!

Dr.3D
09-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Alright! Now gays can kill people overseas who are no threat to us, just like straight people!

They have been all along, now they can wave their privates while doing so.

AbVag
09-24-2011, 01:33 PM
"Here's the list of new recruits, sir."
"Hmmm. A lot of Private Peter Pecker's in this list. Will they dare me to say their names three times fast?"

Carehn
09-24-2011, 09:47 PM
OMG! This is such a massive issue. I hope it becomes the issue of the next election so we don't have to talk about boring things like foreign policy or monetary policy or the patriot act or the economy. Good thing to know that gays in the military will now be on the top of the list for all debate.

TCE
09-24-2011, 11:15 PM
OMG! This is such a massive issue. I hope it becomes the issue of the next election so we don't have to talk about boring things like foreign policy or monetary policy or the patriot act or the economy. Good thing to know that gays in the military will now be on the top of the list for all debate.

I'm actually glad that this issue is behind us and liberty has won out. Now we don't have to debate whether DADT is good or bad. I completely agree with Judge Napolitano on this issue. The government stripping First Amendment rights from soldiers is atrocious. They should not have to stay silent in order to serve in the military. It tramples on our natural right to privacy as well.

AZKing
09-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Great. Now if there's a draft, I can't just pretend to be gay.

ChaosControl
09-25-2011, 12:37 AM
One of the most pointless issues of our time that was paraded around as the pinnacle of importance by the left while they conveniently completely forget about privacy rights, militarism, corporatism, transparency in government, etc.

Now, I don't think you should get kicked out of the military if someone just happens to correctly guess that you play for the other team and whatnot, but I don't think people should be "open" about that kind of stuff either. Keep private affairs private. How about "Don't ask, don't tell" be everyone's personal policy in regards to private issues like sex?

In the end though, it was right for it to be removed, I just got annoyed how people made it such a big deal while ignoring the actually important issue. It is reasons like that that I cannot really have respect for most leftists.

Rothbardian Girl
09-25-2011, 12:41 AM
There's no reason to keep a bigoted policy. Let's work on getting everyone out of there now, though.

ElCount
09-25-2011, 12:57 AM
I’d recommend Antiwar Radio host Scott Horton’s interview with Jeremy Sapienza ("http://antiwar.com/radio/2011/09/23/jeremy-sapienza-8/“) on this subject, which was only a few days ago.

They talk a lot about the irony of gays having equal rights to kill Pakistani babies and the complete misguidance and hypocrisy of the pro-gay-rights movement.