PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry Rick Perry lies about "No Child Left Behind"

Dianne
09-24-2011, 08:25 AM
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/09/23/perry-wrongly-insists-he-opposed-no-child-left-behind/

Republican Texas Governor Rick Perry claimed during last night's Fox News-Google GOP debate that he was "vocal" in opposing President George W. Bush's "No Child Left Behind" plan for public education, which many today call a significant drag on the U.S. educational system.

Problem is, Perry cheered "No Child Left Behind" when it was passed, and bragged that it would enable Texas to "lead the nation in innovative solutions to improve our schools."

But that didn't happen. Today, the dropout rate in Texas is painfully high. Studies estimate that by 2040, three out of every 10 workers in Texas will not have completed high school.

"We must keep on this path of accountability because educating every child means advancing every dream," Perry said in a 2002 press release, found on the Texas governor's website.

"I was also vocal against No Child Left Behind," Perry said during Thursday night's debate. "It gets back to the federal government has no business telling the states how to educate our children."

President Barack Obama announced Friday that he would allow states to opt-out of provisions in "No Child Left Behind" if they set their own educational standards for teachers and students.

"Congress hasn't been able to do it, so I will," the president told reporters. "Our kids only get one shot at a decent education."

BuddyRey
09-24-2011, 08:58 AM
This is scandalous. We need to make this big news.

bluesc
09-24-2011, 09:00 AM
Drudged.

smartguy911
09-24-2011, 09:11 AM
Drudged.

+1

roho76
09-24-2011, 09:22 AM
If Chris Christie comes into the race it's only because Perry has failed to stick to the American public.

Dianne
09-24-2011, 09:23 AM
My puter illiteracy coming out.. How do you "drudge" an article?

BuddyRey
09-24-2011, 09:54 AM
I can't help but notice that the Republican Party seems to be employing a "Gauntlet Match" strategy against Ron Paul. Just as soon as one establishment candidate outwears his or her momentary media halo and isn't the hot new thing on the scene anymore, some new guy is shoved into the ring and milked for all the excitement and public fervor he's worth.

hillertexas
09-24-2011, 10:01 AM
drudged

hillertexas
09-24-2011, 10:03 AM
My puter illiteracy coming out.. How do you "drudge" an article?

Go to Drudge.
Scroll down until you see a big blank box on the right hand side.
Enter your message in the box. I put: "Perry wrongly insists he opposed ‘No Child Left Behind’ http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/09/23/perry-wrongly-insists-he-opposed-no-child-left-behind/"
Click "Submit"
Rejoice for you have Drudged.

Aratus
09-24-2011, 12:43 PM
guv*rick on this is a wannabe 9.5 on the mitt romney flipflopper letter perfect scale of 0.0 to 10.0

Dianne
09-25-2011, 04:42 AM
Go to Drudge.
Scroll down until you see a big blank box on the right hand side.
Enter your message in the box. I put: "Perry wrongly insists he opposed ‘No Child Left Behind’ http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/09/23/perry-wrongly-insists-he-opposed-no-child-left-behind/"
Click "Submit"
Rejoice for you have Drudged.

Oh thanks !!

Valkyrie144
09-25-2011, 05:19 AM
1 in 5 Texans live below the poverty level and the poverty rate is growing faster in TX than the national average. Rick Perry needs to focus on making his state better instead of running for President.