PDA

View Full Version : Just Thought of the PERFECT Job for Tom Woods!!!

BuddyRey
09-24-2011, 02:38 AM
Okay, so much as it pains me to admit it, Tom Woods probably won't be Ron Paul's VP pick. Ron has to pick somebody pallatable to the establishment, and I begrudgingly accept that. Maybe Tom can be more productive to the cause of liberty in a media capacity anyway. We know of course that no MSM outlet will give a principled Austro-Libertarian his own TV show (there's the Judge or course, but they've still got him in the basement at FOX Business Network), but someone like Tom, who masks his pointed libertarian critiques in razor-sharp wit and humor might be just what the doctor ordered on one of FOX's otherwise tiresome and failing "panel" shows, like "The Five" or "Red Eye", where he could slowly build some media cache and visibility for himself while bringing in ratings for FOX like gangbusters.

This idea came to me when I woke up to "Red Eye" this morning and realized that, though the show is entertaining and has good banter back-and-fourth between the panelists, it seems to be missing intellectual substance or thematic cohesion. If Seinfeld was "a show about nothing", Red Eye is a show about everything, and this can often be a distraction to the show's positive attributes. I think Tom Woods would be an amazing panelist for either Red Eye or The Five (and he'd probably be most comfortable with the latter because he's a married man with kids on a diurnal schedule). But FOX should seriously be lobbied by those of us in the liberty community to put Tom on either of those programs to break up the homogeneous panel and provide ideological contrast while perfectly blending with the otherwise impeccable cynicism and comedic value.

BuddyRey
09-24-2011, 03:00 AM
Whoops...I meant to say that maybe we should start by lobbying FOX to bring Tom on as a *guest* panelist, and he could appear once a week or so. I firmly believe however that it wouldn't be too long before the public demand and outcry compelled FOX to bring him on full-time. Any thoughts on this idea? Can it be done?

BuddyRey
09-24-2011, 04:18 AM
Dawn bump!

ClayTrainor
09-24-2011, 04:38 AM
I think this is a great idea. I'm not familiar with the Five, but I do enjoy Red Eye from time to time. Tom Woods would be a perfect addition to that show. He's great at thinking of hilarious analogies and stuff like that, on the spot. He'd be able to give their audience healthy dose of reality, in a way they can understand.

I think he'd mesh fairly well with that crowd, and even for entertainment reasons alone, it should be worth the effort to try and get him on there, imo. :)

Bruehound
09-24-2011, 05:13 AM
My preference would be to see Tom Woods as Press Secretary in the coming Paul Administration.

BuddyRey
09-24-2011, 08:46 AM
^ Good thinking! I'd love to see him start building a public profile, so one day, God willing, he might actually have enough visibility and name recognition to run for higher office himself.

Tod
09-24-2011, 10:14 AM
My preference would be to see Tom Woods as Press Secretary in the coming Paul Administration.

good idea! He is very well-spoken and seems to be the quick-thinking sort of guy needed to handle reporters.

Rothbardian Girl
09-24-2011, 10:27 AM
I like Bruehound's idea most of all (Tom as press secretary), because I would love if Tom got some more national exposure. Although I love his acerbic wit, personally, I think he may end up having to tone it down if he gets into a position of national prominence on a TV show or something like that, unfortunately. I love Tom Woods and his ideas. He'd make a great fit anywhere in politics, even though I think he's expressed it's not necessarily his wish to run for public office. I just hope the MSM could tolerate someone with "common sense" like his, though. :)

nobody's_hero
09-24-2011, 10:35 AM
How long have we been pressuring Fox News to get the Judge a spot on something besides Fox Business?

I say we skip Fox and go straight to White House Press Secretary :)