PDA

View Full Version : Vision Forum Scorecard Gives Ron Paul High Marks

scrosnoe
09-23-2011, 09:20 PM
This came to me via a friend on facebook involved with homeschoolers and associated ministries.

My background on Vision Forum:

Doug Phillips (vision) is Howard Phillips son they are long time third party types always conservative christian and dc based fundraising group-- glad they are landing in the right place this time!

I love the format and the idea that they are doing it for their network which is Christian Evangelically based. See what you think and please thank them if you are connected to their group in any way. We want to encourage them in this effort!

The final grade for Ron Paul is A, for Michele Bachmann gets a B, Cain gets a C, and the rest are Ds.

Here is the opening of the post report provided in pdf format here (http://adv.visionforum.com/email/2011/09/22_reportcard/reportcard.pdf):

http://www.visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/report-card-banner.jpg

A Constitutional Report Card for the CNN/Tea Party Republican Presidential Debate on 9/12/2011

Prepared by Vision Forum Ministries

BACKGROUND: On September 12, 2011, eight Republican candidates squared off for the sixth Republican presidential debate of this election cycle. The purpose of this document is to provide a report card that will help Christian families evaluate the statements made by the candidates during that debate from a constitutional perspective. This report card is limited in its scope in that it only addresses issues specifically on the table during the September 12 debate. The scores are based on the actual statements made by the candidates during that debate. Candidates’ comments are taken at face value and evaluated without regard to their past statements or policy records, unless the candidates or those posing the questions specifically addressed the past statements and previous policy record of the candidate. Nothing in this report card should be construed as advocacy for a specific presidential candidate.

During the debate, questions were fielded from Tea Party chapters across the United States, from the live audience, and from participants over the Internet. The debate questions ranged from Social Security and health care to the legitimacy of the Federal Reserve and the use of executive orders. The first act of every president is to swear an oath to uphold and defend the United States Constitution. This report card is intended to score each of the eight candidates, on the basis of their own answers, on whether or not their proposals, as stated, are in keeping with their potential duty to uphold and defend the United States Constitution.

Link to complete report here (http://adv.visionforum.com/email/2011/09/22_reportcard/reportcard.pdf)
Link to their website can be ascertained from the pdf link.

Chainspell
09-23-2011, 09:23 PM
wow nice find! +rep thanks im reading the pdf now

sailingaway
09-23-2011, 09:27 PM
How nice!!! Too bad they didn't rate them as compared to their records too, though.... :(

IterTemporis
09-23-2011, 09:27 PM
Rick Perry's report card here.. looks a lot like his college transcript (:. Romney got a lot of F's..

Sola_Fide
09-23-2011, 09:28 PM
Wow! This is great and a great thing to pass along to conservative Christians!

eleganz
09-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Shouldn't this be a jpeg so its easier to share?

Cleaner44
09-23-2011, 09:57 PM
Shouldn't this be a jpeg so its easier to share?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wxRGTpA4bOE/Tn1U_1eV-hI/AAAAAAAAAH0/i99uJb-wnOA/s1600/Vision%2BForum%2Breport%2Bcard.png

Feelgood
09-23-2011, 10:07 PM
This would be a great link for Drudge, Hannity, Beck, Levin (BWAHAHAHAHA) and Limbaugh...

scrosnoe
09-24-2011, 12:49 AM
bumping for ideas on sharing!

Ben S.
10-18-2011, 12:13 PM
http://adv.visionforum.com/email/2011/10/17_reportcard/reportcardIII.pdf

This is another report card from the New Hampshire debate. Ron Paul of course winning, Bachmann in second.

sailingaway
10-18-2011, 12:17 PM
They should update that C in social security because you are pitting unconstitutionality against contract .... and he's letting the kids opt out.

Aden
10-18-2011, 01:29 PM
I received this scorecard in my email from a fundamental Christian. This is definitely a good tool.

They should update that C in social security because you are pitting unconstitutionality against contract .... and he's letting the kids opt out.

Yeah but Paul would not end the program for old people. Since Social Security is unconstitutional, an "A" answer would be to end it immediately at the federal level. Now we can discuss whether or not that is moral or not. But the job of this scorecard is to grade on constitutionality, not what is moral or nice.

sailingaway
10-18-2011, 01:35 PM
I received this scorecard in my email from a fundamental Christian. This is definitely a good tool.

Yeah but Paul would not end the program for old people. Since Social Security is unconstitutional, an "A" answer would be to end it immediately at the federal level. Now we can discuss whether or not that is moral or not. But the job of this scorecard is to grade on constitutionality, not what is moral or nice.

depends on if you think it is contract, which is a property right protected by the 5th amendment...

tfurrh
10-18-2011, 01:53 PM
From the site:

Representative Paul stated that Social Security was bankrupt, broken, and on the verge of collapse. He was
stopped by the moderator before he was able to finish explaining his plan for Social Security

lmao. BTO, mfers.

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Regarding the C on Social Security for Ron Paul.

They're grading him based on his actions towards Social Security, in terms of eliminating the problems with it, or how it's handled.

It's a fair score, because the only way to abolish the SS System is with a smooth transition process spread out over years. He could go bold and just end it, but that's reckless and would cause to many issues. The man is smart, and is definitely considering the hidden variables before presenting his legislation.