PDA

View Full Version : "Media Producing Mixed Messages on Ron Paul; Voters Confused" (From the Spoof)

LizF
06-14-2007, 05:44 AM
Technically a parody, but certainly some truth here:
http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s2i20121

Media Producing Mixed Messages on Ron Paul; Voters Confused

Written by Salsero Blanco

With interest in the presidential primaries heating up among the electorate, television viewers are tuning in the major news networks to find out which candidate the media has chosen for them to vote for in the presidential primaries. However, more and more voters are confused by the mixed messages being put forth regarding Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul.

Despite showing Paul as the winner their post-debate online polls, CNN, MSNBC and FoxNews often describe the Texas congressman as a "longshot" or "second-tier candidate." This has left many Americans wondering if Paul's ideas are good for the country.

"Am I supposed to do what Sean Hannity tells me to do or what FoxNews.com tells me to do?" asked Judy Nelson, 43, a mother of four.

"I watched Bill Maher in March and he told us that Ron Paul was a wacko fringe candidate." said lifelong Republican Jacob Hippensteel. "A month later, he invited Paul to the studio and called him his 'New Hero.' He was greeted like a rock-star. Even Ben Affleck was listening to him."

CNN has also been guilty of major flip-flopping. The ran a recent article criticizing Paul for flying first class and virtually ignoring him in their debate. However, the following day their online site ran a story called the "Ron Paul Effect" chronicling the huge grass roots support Paul was receiving after he dominated their post-debate online poll with over 52% of the votes.

It's not an easy job for the news show producers claims Republican media strategist Trey Johnson.

"These producers find themselves caught in a professional pickle." said Johnson. "On one hand, their masters are telling them to railroad Paul at every turn. On the other, whenever they bring him on their shows, their ratings skyrocket, particularly in the key 18-34 year old demographic. It's a tough call for a producer concerned with career survival in the cutthroat info-tainment business."

After being bombarded with email from Paul's passionate supporters, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Tucker Carlson, Bill Maher and NPR have all had Paul as a major guest in the last three weeks. Tim Russert, Bill O'Reilly and Larry King have yet to give in to the American people and have remained loyal to their corporate overlords.

Viewers are left completely confused. Nancy O'Connor, a forty-five year-old beauty technician, said she's ready to resort to drastic measures if the media cannot clean up its act.

"Every four years, we turn to the media to tell us who we think would make the best president, but this year they are completely dropping the ball." said O'Connor. "If they don't get their act together, I just might actually have to look at things like voting records and make the decision on my own."

AlexAmore
06-14-2007, 06:00 AM
That's hilarious!