PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney Romney 70% Favorable in NH

Wiseburn
09-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Suffolk 7 presidential poll shows Romney Favorable in NH.
http://www.suffolk.edu/images/content/FINAL.New.Hampshire.Marginals.Sept.20.2011.pdf

Q2. Is your opinion of Mitt Romney generally favorable or generally unfavorable?
N= 400 100%
Favorable ...................................... 69%
Unfavorable ................................... 20%
Heard of/Undecided ......................... 12%

For anyone else to have a chance in NH, these numbers must be knocked down. NH set a bad example with McCain in '08. I don't want to see another RINO winning there in '12.

anaconda
09-23-2011, 05:18 PM
I want to puke every time I hear that New Hampshire is a libertarian state. They are proving themselves as sheep.

ItsTime
09-23-2011, 05:27 PM
I want to puke every time I hear that New Hampshire is a libertarian state. They are proving themselves as sheep.

Insulting us will not help. Nice group think.

PierzStyx
09-23-2011, 05:44 PM
The problem is that Romney has made NH his big push and base for the past 4 years. I'm positive he doesn't expect to win Iowa or South Carolina. So he hopes to win NH, split Iowa between two different people, and head into Florida with a chance of winning big among the large senior crowd there. And he probably could have done it if Perry hadn't entered. Perry will likely win SC and could win Iowa. So Romney needs to push in NH even more and then take Florida. Essentially we have to push back against four years of planning and saturation to win NH without a lot of time or so-ordination to do it.

anaconda
09-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Insulting us will not help. Nice group think.

Fair enough. Apologies. I guess Pat Buchanan couldn't win just any state. Still, I don't see why the RINO's, therefore, have such overwhelming success there recently.

ItsTime
09-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Fair enough. Apologies. I guess Pat Buchanan couldn't win just any state. Still, I don't see why the RINO's, therefore, have such overwhelming success there recently.

They poll places where a lot of people from Mass have moved to. This is why Romney is popular.

anaconda
09-25-2011, 09:43 PM
They poll places where a lot of people from Mass have moved to. This is why Romney is popular.

Are you suggesting that the polls in N.H. are geographically biased? And that state wide Romney is not actually polling nearly this high?

Esoteric
09-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Are you suggesting that the polls in N.H. are geographically biased? And that state wide Romney is not actually polling nearly this high?

We need to stop making excuses, and start doing things, is what I suggest.

Javu
09-26-2011, 05:38 AM
We need to stop making excuses, and start doing things, is what I suggest.
Is it not possible to run Romney flip-flopping ads in the state prior to the primary or is this something that we expect rivals to do anyways?

09-26-2011, 06:06 AM
Those numbers don't mean a lot. As governor of MA, people in NH know Romney, so they answer polls as favorable. Doesn't mean they will vote for him. Now if there was a poll that asked who will you be voting for and it was 70% Romney, then there is a problem. With a lot of work a good showing in NH is possible even likely.

idiom
09-26-2011, 06:12 AM
Perry and Huntsman both have to rip the stuffing out of Romney in NH too. Let them have at it. We have to build the core and the base so that big swing post Iowa don't leave us wrong footed. We want to be able to out-maneuver the other campaigns.

We also need to begin working on follow up states like Nevada and Maine that are out of the reach of the smaller campaigns.

There is a lot of campaigning to be done between now and NH, we need serious infrastructure not just luke-warm poll numbers.

CaptUSA
09-26-2011, 06:50 AM
I'll take a strong second in NH if we can win Iowa. That should help us capture SC. Once that happens, the dominoes will begin to fall.

FrankRep
09-26-2011, 09:33 AM
What's up with the Free State Project?

kylejack
09-26-2011, 09:52 AM
Doesn't most of the population live in those southern major cities?

muzzled dogg
09-26-2011, 10:29 AM
sounds about right to me

RonPaulFanInGA
09-26-2011, 10:47 AM

Thanks can go to the "free state" for single-handily reviving John '100 years in Iraq' McCain's 2008 candidacy.

http://www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/010808_decisions15.jpg

Lafayette
09-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Perhaps NH should change its state motto to "Live free or eh...whatever"