PDA

View Full Version : Reason for the lack of media coverage

JasonM
11-05-2007, 12:57 PM
They are just waiting for the final numbers to come in. They haven't really picked up on this yet. No use reporting numbers when they'd be outdated in 30 minutes. Better to wait till the end of the day or in a couple days to report the total amount.

Don't worry guys, this will make the news big time.

Shame we couldn't have done this earlier in the year. :D

Anyone remember that Free Market News Network article that erroneously reported that Dr Paul raised 5 million for Q2? Crazy ain't it?

rockwell
11-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Stop it.

It doesn't matter if they do- and they won't except peripherally and in a derogatory fashion.

They don't matter anymore, we did an end run around them.

Better you go out there and tell five people this week than if every single newspaper in the country covered this.

murrayrothbard
11-05-2007, 01:00 PM
They are just waiting for the final numbers to come in. They haven't really picked up on this yet. No use reporting numbers when they'd be outdated in 30 minutes. Better to wait till the end of the day or in a couple days to report the total amount.

Don't worry guys, this will make the news big time.

Shame we couldn't have done this earlier in the year. :D

Anyone remember that Free Market News Network article that erroneously reported that Dr Paul raised 5 million for Q2? Crazy ain't it?

CTOTD (conspiracy theory of the day) = they don't want to report while money bomb in progress...might encourage people to join in ;)

Naraku
11-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Even so, it's best to tell them as much as possible, so that they know what's going on and won't forget.

bilbo7733
11-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Hey, not even www.ronpaul2008.com is mentioning this story yet. Don't worry, they will all be talking about this tonight. Tomorrow morning at the latest.

JasonM
11-05-2007, 01:01 PM
CTOTD (conspiracy theory of the day) = they don't want to report while money bomb in progress...might encourage people to join in ;)

hehe :p

JasonM
11-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey, not even www.ronpaul2008.com is mentioning this story yet. Don't worry, they will all be talking about this tonight. Tomorrow morning at the latest.

Good point. It's like I said before, just waiting for the final numbers to come in.

Wilkero
11-05-2007, 01:04 PM

Glad my little "CTOTD" idea finally started catching on... I was beginning to worry there was a conspiracy to ignore it...

syborius
11-05-2007, 01:05 PM
The medias masters FEAR the people. Get used to a continued blackout.

sparebulb
11-05-2007, 01:06 PM
I figure that every newsroom in the country has a memo on the wall about how it is management policy not to report on "fringe candidates" and those that have no realistic chance of winning an election. That is the official cover story for "we don't like Ron Paul and his nonsense about the Constitution". I'm sure that there are many reporters who would like to cover RP but are afraid of being shot down and ridiculed by their bosses and peers. Just my take on it.

Paulitician
11-05-2007, 01:06 PM
That's actually a kind of good point. I wouldn't expect most media to jump on the story instantly unless in the form of tidbit. There will be a lot of news articles about this to keep up with tomorrow I hope :)

Matt Collins
11-05-2007, 02:11 PM
I figure that every newsroom in the country has a memo on the wall about how it is management policy not to report on "fringe candidates"I work in the news business, and trust me there isn't a memo like that.

Most news agencies that collect news follow the protocol of newsworthiness which are:
¤ timeliness
¤ proximity
¤ exceptional quality
¤ possible future impact
¤ prominence
¤ conflict
¤ the number of people involved or affected
¤ consequence
¤ human interest
¤ pathos
¤ shock value
¤ titillation component

If the story meets any of or any combination of the above criteria, then they will run the story. However in their minds, "fringe candidates" are not newsworthy to the majority of their audience.

matthylland
11-05-2007, 02:13 PM
i think this will be good timing...republican debate is tomorrow. they can bring it up in front of a national audience!

rockwell
11-05-2007, 02:14 PM
I work in the news business, and trust me there isn't a memo like that.

Most news agencies that collect news follow the protocol of newsworthiness which are:
¤ timeliness
¤ proximity
¤ exceptional quality
¤ possible future impact
¤ prominence
¤ conflict
¤ consequence
¤ human interest
¤ pathos
¤ shock value
¤ titillation component

If the story meets any of or any combination of the above criteria, then they will run the story. However in their minds, "fringe candidates" are not newsworthy to the majority of their audience.

um, sorry, me no buy what you sell.

better luck next rube.

paulitics
11-05-2007, 02:15 PM
I think they will report on this. Its certainly newsworthy, but they aren't going to do it today while its still going on.

conner_condor
11-05-2007, 02:17 PM
I work in the news business, and trust me there isn't a memo like that.

¤ timeliness
¤ proximity
¤ exceptional quality
¤ possible future impact
¤ prominence
¤ conflict
¤ consequence
¤ human interest
¤ pathos
¤ shock value
¤ titillation component

Yes and Ron Pauls name is not"insert candidate name here"

JMann
11-05-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm sure it will be reported when it is over and the campaign puts out an official press release.

DeadheadForPaul
11-05-2007, 02:18 PM
People really need to stop with the conspiracies about a media blackout

Our concerns about bias and incorrect polling are legitimate. But the News THRIVES on things that get people's attention. They know that people love the underdog story. They also know that a mere mention of Ron Paul gets instant views/hit from his faithful. Consequently, they have no reason to "blackout" coverage of him.

They also know that extremism/weirdness/shocking the people will likewise garner attention. Let's tone down the kookyness and not reflect poorly on Dr Paul

axiomata
11-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Old media is slow. To expect them to be fast with this story is to expect and old dog to miraculously start performing new tricks. It's not a conspiracy ... just an outdated business model. Give them a break. ;)

dsentell
11-05-2007, 02:24 PM
The medias masters FEAR the people. Get used to a continued blackout.

My feelings exactly . . . .

Paulitician
11-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Old media is slow. To expect them to be fast with this story is to expect and old dog to miraculously start performing new tricks. It's not a conspiracy ... just an outdated business model. Give them a break. ;)
Why should we give them a break? They've never given us a break. They are just as corrupt as they are slow. I agree it's not a conpiracy, because in order to be so it has to be secret. They're dirty tricks have been evident for a long time now. Crooks!

Primbs
11-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Not all of the media is against us.

There are ten thousand AM radio stations in the US. Thousands of FM stations and thousands of small newspapers that have local editors. The small local weekly, daily rural newspapers are always looking for interesting stories. We need to contact them ASAP.

I am sure there are resources on this forum listing the stations and newspapers. When you combine them all, they have a larger audience than the top tier newspapers.

terlinguatx
11-05-2007, 02:27 PM

axiomata
11-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Why should we give them a break? They've never given us a break. They are just as corrupt as they are slow. I agree it's not a conpiracy, because in order to be so it has to be secret. They're dirty tricks have been evident for a long time now. Crooks!

We should give them a break until their normal news cycle is complete. If, at that time, this fund-raising event is still ignored, then the gloves can come up.

sparebulb
11-05-2007, 02:31 PM
If there is no conspiracy or policy, then why does every member of Faux News go out of their way to take the cheap shot on RP. The are passionate as if their jobs are on the line when they do it also. At least the hacks at CNN, etc are dispassionate when they regurgitate the same old "you are tied for last in the polls" line. I don't believe in UFO abductions but I do believe in the corporate news conspiracy against any candidate that bucks the status quo.

Primbs
11-05-2007, 02:34 PM
We need to make sure we are alerting the small newspapers and radio station. They have a very large audience when they are combined.

Those local newspaper readers maybe more hardcore voters to boot. If they care enough about local politics, they will care about national politics.

Matt Collins
11-05-2007, 04:01 PM
This is starting to change I think. BSNBC is starting to pick up on it and so is CNN