PDA

View Full Version : Ok. New Tactic!

CaptUSA
09-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Ok, guys. Now is the time to switch our focus.

Perry has been damaged, perhaps permanently. His record need to be challenged and we've done that. Now, is the time to get his supporters.

No more do we want to throw stones at his supporters. Let's face it, Perry has been using plenty of Ron Paul talking points but now his record has been exposed. We need to position Paul as the one whose record matches his rhetoric. "If you liked what you thought Perry was going to be, you're going to LOVE what Ron Paul really is!" There is an opening here. We must capitalize on it.

I'm feeling really good about our chances now if we follow through. Seek out every Perry supporter you know. Perry is disappointing them, but Ron Paul is the real deal! They just don't know it, yet. No need to get too caught up in trying to debate each issue with anyone, just make them understand the character of Ron Paul. Conviction, Principles, and Honesty mean more to most people than one particular issue. Now is the time to pick up where Perry is failing!

satchelmcqueen
09-23-2011, 01:21 PM
bump

acptulsa
09-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Use the usurpers? Of course!

Why do we not call it Operation Backfire?

FA.Hayek
09-23-2011, 01:34 PM
bump

CaptUSA
09-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Use the usurpers? Of course!

Why do we not call it Operation Backfire?I'm not sure I understand this...

This is about making sure that, instead of Perry just falling, that Perry falls while Ron Paul picks up his support. Or do you mean that the establishment's operation is backfiring?

acptulsa
09-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Or do you mean that the establishment's operation is backfiring?

They see us popularizing our views, they try to usurp them to steal our converts, this popularizes our views even more, and we steal these additional converts to boost our man.

Or to put it another way, yes. That's what I mean.

CaptUSA
09-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Or to put it another way, yes. That's what I mean.

Yeah! Ok. That's what I'm talking about here. I think we've done our job with Perry. We've assisted greatly in exposing his record. Paul did a great job in those first two debates working that strategy. I don't know if he changed in the 3rd or just didn't get the opportunity, but it seems like the former more than the latter. I think he sensed what we are seeing now. Perry is falling - no need to kick him any more.

Now is the time to get the support he will be losing. "Operation Backfire"? As long as it's in the right context, I'm with you.

The Free Hornet
09-23-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm not sure I understand this...

This is about making sure that, instead of Perry just falling, that Perry falls while Ron Paul picks up his support. Or do you mean that the establishment's operation is backfiring?

I think it is because Perry's top-down support comes largely from people who hijacked the Tea Party movement for neocon ends (continued wars and military spending, not serious about the 10th).

acptulsa
09-23-2011, 02:02 PM
I think it is because Perry's top-down support comes largely from people who hijacked the Tea Party movement for neocon ends (continued wars and military spending, not serious about the 10th).

Yeah, but more than a few Faux watchers just got spoon-fed the Perry pablum. So, now that they've heard things they liked, the question is how do we show them where to really get them?

Obama supporters are pissed because they got fooled. How do we convince these people who glommed onto Perry because of his stolen talking points to grab onto the real deal, and not get fooled by Rupert's next 'candidate of the week'?

Matthew5
09-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Count me in...being on the Texas border this is imperative for me. We've got to shift home field advantage back to the other Texan, Ron Paul! :)

acptulsa
09-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Count me in...being on the Texas border this is imperative for me. We've got to shift home field advantage back to the other Texan, Ron Paul! :)

I'd suggest a 'Ain't it time we elected a Texan who can talk right?' campaign, but I'm a Tuck Fexas kind of Oklahoman, so you probably shouldn't listen to me...

D.A.S.
09-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Where do we seek out Perry supporters? I think on Perry's Facebook page is a bad place for that because we'd look like trolls.

But Perry supporters becoming disillusioned in their candidate won't necessarily mean they will want to join our camp. Remember, Ron's policy differs a LOT from what Perry's been talking about. So I guess it depends which part of Perry's platform appeals to whom. Some of his supporters will never want to convert to Paul.

Eleutheros
09-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Yeah! Ok. That's what I'm talking about here. I think we've done our job with Perry. We've assisted greatly in exposing his record. Paul did a great job in those first two debates working that strategy. I don't know if he changed in the 3rd or just didn't get the opportunity, but it seems like the former more than the latter. I think he sensed what we are seeing now. Perry is falling - no need to kick him any more.

Now is the time to get the support he will be losing. "Operation Backfire"? As long as it's in the right context, I'm with you.

Why not kick a man when he's down? That's the perfect time to do so. After all, he's that much closer to your feet. :p

acptulsa
09-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Why not kick a man when he's down? That's the perfect time to do so. After all, he's that much closer to your feet. :p

It's a little unseemly, and once he slips below you in polls you're 'punching down' and dragging yourself down to his level.

But I'm starting to like the idea of playing on the joke I made earlier. After all, it's football season and Oklahoma vs. Texas is one hell of a big rivalry. If I started a campaign to get Ron Paul to move to Oklahoma because he's too good for Texas, and publically called for him to come root for OU in Arlington on game day, I could (with your help) get some attention, make people laugh, and point out the differences between Perry and Paul at the same time?

Don't know if I'm funny enough to really pull it off, but if I studied up enough on the Sooners and Longhorns teams this year I might be able to do it. And OU does look damned strong this year, so a lot of guys will be googling them...

Matthew5
09-23-2011, 02:26 PM
but I'm a Tuck Fexas kind of Oklahoman, so you probably shouldn't listen to me...

Oh...one of those. :rolleyes:

lol No problem, I used to hate Okies, but some of ya'll are alright (except when the Red River Shootout is on). :p

I'll admit, GW and Perry definitely represent the worst of the Texas drawl.

09-23-2011, 02:27 PM
I don't know any Perry supporters. Seriously. The guy is not well liked around here at all.

D.A.S.
09-23-2011, 02:28 PM
I still wanna see it to believe it -- MSM spin for Perry is still strong. I want to see a few polls before I'm sure his support is starting to drop. It's just hard to believe that his vast cash machine is just going to fold and say - we give up!

Matthew5
09-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Don't know if I'm funny enough to really pull it off, but if I studied up enough on the Sooners and Longhorns teams this year I might be able to do it. And OU does look damned strong this year, so a lot of guys will be googling them...

Oh, don't do that. Texas has it this year...we benched Garrett and got two up and coming QBs who actually wanna play. We don't want Paul supporting a losing team!

Sorry for the thread derail. hehe

acptulsa
09-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Oh...one of those. :rolleyes:

lol No problem, I used to hate Okies, but some of ya'll are alright (except when the Red River Shootout is on). :p

I'll admit, GW and Perry definitely represent the worst of the Texas drawl.

Damn, the Shootout is right around the corner on the Eighth. If I'm going to use that to get hits, I'd better get busy...

Oh, don't do that. Texas has it this year...we benched Garrett and got two up and coming QBs who actually wanna play. We don't want Paul supporting a losing team!

Sorry for the thread derail. hehe

No, man, using this stuff to get hits to a website post where Ron Paul is promoted is no bad notion right now. Seriously.

I may be back for more of your Texas Tough Talk.

Matthew5
09-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Damn, the Shootout is right around the corner on the Eighth. If I'm going to use that to get hits, I'd better get busy...

No, man, using this stuff to get hits to a website post where Ron Paul is promoted is no bad notion right now. Seriously.

I may be back for more of your Texas Tough Talk.

I hear what you're saying. It's a big game and the publicity could be good...but what about A&M. Isn't that Perry's Alma Mater? You've got the Lonestar shootout with Texas this November and it'll be their last ever, so major Texas publicity there.

CasualApathy
09-23-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm concerned that calling it "operation backfire" might backfire...

(not really, just had to be corny and write that) :p

Steve-in-NY
09-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Where do we seek out Perry supporters? I think on Perry's Facebook page is a bad place for that because we'd look like trolls.

But Perry supporters becoming disillusioned in their candidate won't necessarily mean they will want to join our camp. Remember, Ron's policy differs a LOT from what Perry's been talking about. So I guess it depends which part of Perry's platform appeals to whom. Some of his supporters will never want to convert to Paul.

Twitter is a good place if you can be subtle and civil about it. You can set up an account and follow all the "X for Perry" accounts.
Praise the similar traits/policies that Perry/Paul have (as best you can) and every now and again show some poll numbers with a neutral title that show Perry dropping and Paul rising. Take some time to MILDLY correct any mis-information on Paul, or GENTLY defend any attacks against Paul.

Also, you can join the Twitter movement we have going on as well, so its 2 birds with one stone... 3 if you count pulling votes from Perry.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?310495-An-Effective-Twitter-Strategy...

acptulsa
09-24-2011, 05:31 PM
I hear what you're saying. It's a big game and the publicity could be good...but what about A&M. Isn't that Perry's Alma Mater? You've got the Lonestar shootout with Texas this November and it'll be their last ever, so major Texas publicity there.

You got somethin'' to say? Come on out with it, I'll post it in the responses! :D

http://laughterandliberty.com/