PDA

View Full Version : Michele Bachmann OOPS! Bachman called anti-right-to-work Senate candidate a 'real conservative'

Valli6
09-23-2011, 12:59 PM
Would you say she's "finished" yet?

GOP presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachmann endorsed former Rep. Pete Hoekstra in the Michigan GOP Senate primary, despite Hoekstra’s close ties with the Teamsters union and his ardent opposition of state-level and national Right to Work laws.

In her endorsement statement, Bachmann made no mention of Hoekstra’s longtime friendship with Teamsters President Jimmy Hoffa, Jr., or Hoekstra’s public opposition and pushback against Right to Work laws like the one Bachmann is co-sponsoring in the U.S. House right now.

“Pete’s a great friend with a real vision for helping Michigan to lead the fight against the Obama/Stabenow agenda,” Bachmann said in her statement endorsing Hoekstra. “Replacing Barack Obama with a constitutional conservative is vital, but we also need an overhaul in the U.S. Senate. Pete Hoekstra is a real conservative. He joined me in starting the House Tea Party Caucus, and we need him as Michigan’s next senator. This is your opportunity to send a strong message to Washington by electing a senator who will work to restore the freedom that will put Michigan back to work with a pro-growth economy"...

http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/23/bachmann-anti-right-to-work-senate-candidate-a-real-conservative/

One of Hoekstra’s several primary opponents, Right to Work advocate Gary Glenn, said at first he was shocked by Bachmann’s endorsement. But, after digging deeper into Bachmann’s ties to Hoekstra, it made more sense to him.

“The endorsement, at first glance, would seem to be inconsistent with Michele Bachmann’s campaign rhetoric,” Glenn told TheDC. “She has railed against both the Wall Street bailout and raising the debt ceiling to trillions of dollars, while Pete Hoekstra voted in favor of both.”

That’s not the only behavior from Hoekstra politically inconsistent with Bachmann’s public persona. Both Hoekstra and Bachmann co-sponsored 2007 legislation that would’ve forced every state and local government’s emergency personnel to join a union...

libertybrewcity
09-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Bachmann fail

Danke
09-23-2011, 04:39 PM
"He joined me in starting the House Tea Party Caucus"

oh?

eduardo89
09-23-2011, 04:43 PM
This is Bachmann's reply

I endorsed Iowa Hoekstra because repeal Obamacare he Iowa represents conservative principles Iowa and an understanding job killing Obamacare of the constitution. As a former federal tax attorney, Iowa, I know what repeal Obamacare and Iowa needs to be done Iowa to repeal Obamacare and vaccines cause retardation. Iowa. Repeal Obamacare.