PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Fein on Fox News (9/23)!!!

Matt Collins
09-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Ron Paul Adviser Bruce Fein will be on http://Foxnews.com/LIVE at 12:15 p.m Friday 9/23 discussing the debate.

VIDEO HERE:
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1178446996001/is-ron-paul-anti-war/

TheTexan
09-22-2011, 10:39 PM
Hell ya. Looking forward to that. Bruce Fein knows his stuff inside and out.

bluesc
09-22-2011, 10:41 PM
Awesome :). Why are Fox all of a sudden being nice?

TheTexan
09-22-2011, 10:44 PM

Maybe they're starting to get it?

Probably not, but I don't mean that sarcastically. If you follow liberty long enough to its logical conclusion, eventually you land right straight on Ron Paul.

And as far as non-foreign policy issues go, nearly all of the candidates are visibly gravitating closer and closer to Ron Paul's philosophies. (Foreign policy may take a little longer for them to figure out)

Article V
09-22-2011, 10:48 PM
Awesome :). Why are Fox all of a sudden being nice?It might be because the YouTube/Google format exposed Fox News to data they had previously ignored. Sometimes people run around in their self-made bubbles. Once people leave their bubble or are forced out of it, they often change attitudes abruptly. It may very well be the case that the Ron Paul internet audience came head-to-head with the Fox News bubble crowd due to the layout of this format, and the bubble was burst.

Here's to hoping! Ron Paul certainly thrived tonight!

orenbus
09-22-2011, 10:48 PM

Because Ron Paul is 2nd in New Hampshire and they are starting to recognize him as 3rd nationally which basically means he's about to take the media attention away from Bachman and onto him since there is no other person in the race right now that is steadily growing in the polls. Now it's just a question of if we can cross the 15% threshold which Ron Paul hasn't done yet, he's still floating around 10%, but if he gets past 15% then we are going to see some serious $hit.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-1452.html

tfurrh
09-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Tube?

Cdn_for_liberty
09-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Tube?

not yet

it's later today

yinzer38
09-22-2011, 10:52 PM

They're practicing self regulation so that viewers will see them more as a news outlet rather than a propaganda outlet.

tfurrh
09-23-2011, 07:58 AM
Did anyone get a video of this?

Article V
09-23-2011, 08:12 AM
Did anyone get a video of this?Considering that it won't happen for another couple hours into the future, I think the video may be forthcoming.

freeforall
09-23-2011, 08:19 AM
It might be because the YouTube/Google format exposed Fox News to data they had previously ignored. Sometimes people run around in their self-made bubbles. Once people leave their bubble or are forced out of it, they often change attitudes abruptly. It may very well be the case that the Ron Paul internet audience came head-to-head with the Fox News bubble crowd due to the layout of this format, and the bubble was burst.

Here's to hoping! Ron Paul certainly thrived tonight!

Ron Paul may have reached the tipping point in ratings. The media is starting to realize that it is no longer just a small group of people seeking out his message. Did anyone catch the the report during one of the breaks where they showed that Romney had the most YouTube videos uploaded, but Paul had the most views by a mile. Ultimately, Fox wants ratings and after tonic may start to see an easy way to get them.

harikaried
09-23-2011, 10:09 AM
5 minutes from now? Sounds like they're already talking about the debate.

harikaried
09-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Coming up after the break so she says.

harikaried
09-23-2011, 10:33 AM
On now.

harikaried
09-23-2011, 10:36 AM
host: other guests say Ron Paul has a strong following.. he also has a strong ceiling
host: anti war?
fein: millions on defense, 0 cents on empire, spending $1.2 trillion on wars each year

host: libya
fein: presidents can now claim national security risks and go into any country; president wants wars to get people to vote

jason43
09-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Fein is a great spokesman, he knows his shit...

Matt Collins
09-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Bump

unconsious767
09-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Sure, put Bruce on a web stream watched by hundreds !

harikaried
09-23-2011, 10:39 AM
host: economy, income tax, debt ceiling
fein: many years in US and other countries had no income tax, other countries use VAT, government is overwhelming the borrowing market forcing businesses out

host: eliminate a department (paul didn't get asked), fema?
fein: we all have compassion, fema is filled with bad bureaucracy, ron paul sympathizes like anyone else with a heart

and back to the panelists....

JamesButabi
09-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Fein did great. Now they have a panel on saying Ron is unelectable, and the usual talking points.

harikaried
09-23-2011, 10:42 AM
host: what do you think
guest1: paul brings a good voice in being consistent about small government

host: libya?
guest2: agree with ron paul's point on libya, afghanistan, etc, americans are tired about afghanistan
guest2: but, creation of public health.. needs strong borders and quarantines to prevent viruses and bacteria
guest1: ... continues to not talk about paul

TheTexan
09-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Fein did great. Now they have a panel on saying Ron is unelectable, and the usual talking points.

Not really. The guy said "its unlikely that Paul will wrest control of the nomination." Which is sorta true. At least from their perspective. They are also saying that Ron Paul has good points, and they're glad to see someone in that party that is consistent with both small government & individual liberty.

Overall they were saying good things about Ron Paul. Just because they said once, very briefly, that its unlikely he will win doesn't make it a bad panel. We need to start being more receptive to the good things Fox and others like them say. Up until lately, we have always been on the defensive because we've been getting attacked. We aren't getting attacked as much anymore. We're being considered. As in, we have good ideas, but they "aren't sure yet." Which is a reasonable position. But we need to shift as well, to welcome these people to our side of liberty.

ds21089
09-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Not really. The guy said "its unlikely that Paul will wrest control of the nomination." Which is sorta true. At least from their perspective.

Really? What I heard was "as said before, he has a VERY VERY VERY MICROSCOPIC SNOWBALL'S CHANCE IN HELL at winning the nomination" which is far, far from the truth. You can't just say that about a top-tier candidate and claim to not be anything but completely biased, especially this early on.

09-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Sure, put Bruce on a web stream watched by hundreds !

Quoted for truth, unfortunately.

TheTexan
09-23-2011, 11:14 AM
Really? What I heard was "as said before, he has a VERY VERY VERY MICROSCOPIC SNOWBALL'S CHANCE IN HELL at winning the nomination" which is far, far from the truth. You can't just say that about a top-tier candidate and claim to not be anything but completely biased, especially this early on.

I started watching at the very end of Fein's interview, and only caught about 20 seconds of Fein himself. But from what I saw, from the post-interview panel, was nothing but positive.

He said Ron Paul was "unlikely" to get the nomination, in far less a condescending way than usual. So unless you're talking about something they said, during the actual interview, that I missed, I disagree.

If you attack Fox every time they say something you don't like, but ignore them when they agree with you, it sends the wrong impression, both to Fox and their viewers.

Cabal
09-23-2011, 11:15 AM
The Panel praised Fein as being intellectual after the interview, unfortunately they quickly moved to reaffirm Ron Paul "cannot win" the race. *rolleyes*

TheTexan
09-23-2011, 11:21 AM
I don't get you guys lol. They agreed with Ron Paul on everything, but one guy uses the phrase "unlikely to win" and you go off the rails.

They were more "fair and balanced" than you guys are right now lol.

Cabal
09-23-2011, 11:26 AM
I don't get you guys lol. They agreed with Ron Paul on everything, but one guy uses the phrase "unlikely to win" and you go off the rails

Because that completely marginalizes everything Ron Paul and his campaign have done. It's insulting to everyone who dedicates their time, effort, and money to him and his cause. And it's the same crap we've been hearing for the last 5 years.

LibertyEagle
09-23-2011, 11:35 AM
I don't get you guys lol. They agreed with Ron Paul on everything, but one guy uses the phrase "unlikely to win" and you go off the rails.

Yeah, we're kind of touchy about that. lol. But, as you watch more, I'll bet you will start feeling the same way. The media is pretty bad about marginalizing Paul and they've been doing that from the very beginning. I mean, it's understandable. Paul would put a halt to the gravy train that the corporations who own the major media, and others, have been using to suck at the government teat for years on end.

TheTexan
09-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Cabal - "unlikely to win" is a huge step forward from "unelectable."

I understand your frustration and I was frustrated when I heard it too. But to completely disregard their panel as biased and terrible because of one word is simply not accurate.

Accept that most people do view Ron Paul as "unlikely to win." That's just one obstacle we need to overcome. But don't take offense to it when people say it without trying to be condescending.

harikaried
09-23-2011, 11:38 AM
Before Fein got on, the host noted that the two guests had not mentioned Ron Paul at all in their discussion of the debate. One of the guests then quickly said that Ron Paul has a strong support base but he has an equally strong support ceiling.

They basically reiterated that feeling after Fein got off pointing out that Ron Paul doesn't have a chance.

Cabal
09-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Cabal - "unlikely to win" is a huge step forward from "unelectable."

I understand your frustration and I was frustrated when I heard it too. But to completely disregard their panel as biased and terrible because of one word is simply not accurate.

Accept that most people do view Ron Paul as "unlikely to win." That's just one obstacle we need to overcome. But don't take offense to it when people say it without trying to be condescending.

If most people view him in that way, it's in large part because the MSM has been drilling this irrational message into their head for so many years. I'm not completely disregarding the panel over one comment, I'm just wondering why they needed to make that comment at all. It wasn't necessary.

SWATH
09-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Was it just me or did one of the guests say that a Ron Paul presidency be a human global calamity of epic proportions because having open borders will lead to the movie Cantagion. Of course implying that Ron is for open borders. Then Ellis said "that's right we need huge expensive government to prevent that from happening".

cucucachu0000
09-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Tube?

Eric21ND
09-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Where's the tubez?

green73
09-23-2011, 01:32 PM
tooooooooooooooooob

AdamT
09-23-2011, 01:56 PM
bump for toob.

Merk
09-23-2011, 02:04 PM

They are not being nice. They dis him and ignore him when it matters, in the debate, and then pander to him a little here and there. If they were really liking him he would have got more than 7 minutes in the debate last night, when millions were watching and his positions were easily juxtaposed against the other "candidates" (I exclude Mr. Johnson from that group as he is a real guy too).

PaulConventionWV
09-23-2011, 02:29 PM

I disagree. They've been doing this for a long time, and it's not like it's an accident or coincidence. All they have to do to push a candidate they don't like out of the spot light is say, "Oh, well, he has some good views, but he CAN'T WIN. It's the magic pill of media death for a candidate. It's sad, but it's true. All they have to do is reaffirm to the American public that he "can't win" and they eat that shit up. Do you wonder why they don't constantly do that to Huntsman or Santorum? They're always treating them like legitimate contenders when they have 1-2%, but when it comes to Paul, he can't win. It's so effective that all they have to do is sneak that phrase in there and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Give me liberty
09-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Who was at the panel?

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-23-2011, 02:33 PM
I'd like to hear some logical reasons why either Romney or Perry is more likely to be elected.

Perry crumbled last night in the most friendly environment he will be in this election, being coddled by Fox. Wait until he faces the networks and gets the Palin treatment. Making excuses about being tired won't cut it. Romney has a well-deserved reputation of being too far left. Once he becomes the front-runner, he would be exposed in an instant as wrong for the current GOP. The Tea Party sentiment just has too much power as gatekeepers for him to ever pass. Defending social security and his MA health care will sink him.

Give me liberty
09-23-2011, 02:42 PM
I'd like to hear some logical reasons why either Romney or Perry is more likely to be elected.
Rick Perry attended the Bilderberg in Istanbul, 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90jfQrb4wAE
Heres the local news of it, i remember hearing about, i think ron paul could use this as an advantage inculding this video on how Romney says that Corporations Are People.

Ron paul could use this as an ad agaisnt Romney and boy i think it would work alot.

Mitt Romney- Corporations Are People!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2h8ujX6T0A

You can hear how he was booed for that and laughed at that for the comments.

eduardo89
09-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Tuuuuuuuube!?!

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Rick Perry attended the Bilderberg in Istanbul, 2007...My comment was rhetorical and directed at these pundits who say Dr. Paul is unlikely to be elected. I highly doubt "Bilderberg" would be part of their response.

jct74
09-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Here's a video. I don't know if this is the whole thing though.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1178446996001/is-ron-paul-anti-war/