PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson Gary Johnson in the Debate

One Last Battle!
09-22-2011, 10:27 PM
To all of you who claimed that Johnson was going to undermine Paul and was working for FOX, I have only one thing to say after watching the debate:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpX0g28jRAHOk7dXu3UxcEZOizTcKDZ U07P6auNBep-VHFtxFW5-dGfHMn

He basically backed up Paul every time, made good points, and basically endorsed him after doing such a fine job debating. If he was planted by FOX to damage Paul, their plan backfired.

realtonygoodwin
09-22-2011, 10:34 PM
I would be surprised if he gets invited to another debate.

pauliticalfan
09-22-2011, 10:37 PM
It was awesome. FOX had a plan in the beginning to pit them against each other, but Johnson didn't take the bait. Johnson then had an awesome line, putting the crowd on his side, and then essentially endorses Paul moments later.

Ga-ry, Ga-ry, Ga-ry!

*A la Jerry Springer*

Carehn
09-22-2011, 10:37 PM
I don't see any reason to think Johnson would attack Paul. I don't even remember reading any thing of the sort on this site. Could have missed it I guess. Some where sore thinking Gary would take away from Paul.

Its like In retail. Adding a new product dose not rob from the sale of others. You may think it could at times but the numbers show otherwise.

pauliticalfan
09-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Also, I know Johnson didn't say much in regards to foreign policy, but just think how far we've come from 2008.

Santorum was the lone voice regarding warmongering, and he was drowned out by Huntsman (+Paul and Johnson's presence).

Great debate.

emazur
09-22-2011, 10:45 PM
I don't see any reason to think Johnson would attack Paul. I don't even remember reading any thing of the sort on this site. Could have missed it I guess. Some where sore thinking Gary would take away from Paul.

Its like In retail. Adding a new product dose not rob from the sale of others. You may think it could at times but the numbers show otherwise.

The original anti-Gary paranoia started when the person who runs his website reposted an article a journalist wrote about Gary that was positive about Gary but basically said Paul was kookish. Backlash soon came, and the website edited out the anti-Paul comment (which was still left on the original article).

Attacking opponents is not Gary's style. I called him last year on a radio show and asked him what advice he would give to someone considering running for office. He mentioned that he NEVER talked about his opponents and just played up his positions (and his record when up for reelection):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEgf5C-YX5k

affa
09-22-2011, 10:55 PM
does anyone have a link to a video of the debate? direct tv is giving me a 771 error all night... just for the debate channel (fox news, 360).

Carehn
09-22-2011, 10:57 PM
The original anti-Gary paranoia started when the person who runs his website reposted an article a journalist wrote about Gary that was positive about Gary but basically said Paul was kookish. Backlash soon came, and the website edited out the anti-Paul comment (which was still left on the original article).

Attacking opponents is not Gary's style. I called him last year on a radio show and asked him what advice he would give to someone considering running for office. He mentioned that he NEVER talked about his opponents and just played up his positions (and his record when up for reelection):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEgf5C-YX5k
I see, I see. Well thats to bad things had to get off on a ruff start like that but its over now. I wish all of the candidates where like Gary or Paul. I could vote for both of them. I don't see Gary winning but it would be awesome if he did.

The more people like him the more people will swing that direction, politically. The different liberty minded candidates may take some votes from each other but the number of votes for liberty minded candidates will increase with the number of them running. Like if Obama would run as a republican, it would only increase the number of people voting in the republican primary, not just take away from voters in it. The base is not finite.

This is how home depo does it with other box stores. the more product the bigger the shopping base. But what the hell was i talking about? sarsaparilla, Yes Gary is like a fine sarsaparilla, refreshing at times. I like Gary sarsaparilla, but my over all favorite is Paul cola.

trey4sports
09-22-2011, 10:58 PM
thought he was great!

Dorfsmith
09-22-2011, 11:28 PM
Gary was great tonight. I'm glad they let him in the debate.

Sola_Fide
09-22-2011, 11:40 PM
I'm happy for Gary. I hope more people look in to fiscal issues because of him.

ClayTrainor
09-22-2011, 11:50 PM
Is there any video of GJ at the debate? I can't watch these stupid debates any more. Listening to anyone but ron paul at those things tends to just sound like Nails on a chalkboard to me anymore.

I'd like to see how GJ did tho.

Xenophage
09-23-2011, 12:31 AM
There were *gasp* TWO candidates on stage that I would vote for in a heartbeat. That's DOUBLE the number in 2007. What the F is going on? :D

cindy25
09-23-2011, 03:21 AM
Johnson wants to be VP; and he is one of the few viable choices. There is Judge Nap. Justin Amash too young.

Badger Paul
09-23-2011, 03:49 AM
Such thinking was due largely because it was Fox and because they had suddenly changed their debate rules at the last minute to allow Johnson in.

Corey
09-23-2011, 03:57 AM
I'll gladly eat crow on this one :)
But in fairness, I still think FOX and Perry wanted him there as part of some shenanigans to undermine RP.
It's just that RP simply couldn't lose last night, because of our prayers of course!!!

vita3
09-23-2011, 08:01 AM
I thought Gary did great & hope he & Ron team up. The only way we actually WIN the whole thing is strength w/ numbers.

knarf
09-23-2011, 08:10 AM
does anyone have a link to a video of the debate? direct tv is giving me a 771 error all night... just for the debate channel (fox news, 360).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNreYNPqXBU

Athan
09-23-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm elated that Gary is in the debate now! (That is if they keep inviting him.)

A new era of Liberty Constitutional candidates:
Ron Paul > Gary Johnson > Rand Paul > Etc.!

TruckinMike
09-23-2011, 02:29 PM
http://seerachelgraduate.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/thank_you-4.jpg

Thank You Gary Johnson. Thanks for the selfless act in the fight for Liberty. Choosing Ron Paul in the Debate was very magnanimous given the animosity between our campaigns.

Again, thanks

TMike

AGRP
09-23-2011, 02:35 PM
The way the media is spinning this is that Paul and Johnson are "Libertarian-Republicans." That is they aren't really Republicans at all; that they are some type of green alien men from a distant galaxy far far away. Go ahead and do it, but they better start calling the rest of those on stage "Neocon-Republicans" if they wish to play that game.

sailingaway
09-23-2011, 02:43 PM
It does not work to Ron's benefit to have him in, Ron got second least time of anyone despite being in third place in the polls, and with Fox saying it is a two person race, still they pushed their numbers to get GJ in after multiple times of his not being in. I agree they are being pushes as 'the libertarians' and Fox seems to pretend that asking EITHER one a question is giving Ron time.

This is not Gary's fault, it is Fox's fault, but it is still true.

Todd
09-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Is there any video of GJ at the debate? I can't watch these stupid debates any more. Listening to anyone but ron paul at those things tends to just sound like Nails on a chalkboard to me anymore.

I'd like to see how GJ did tho.

Me too...but I've learned a trick

D V R

It's great. I can stop and go back to anything that I see relevant and skip the Mittens vs. Little Ricky fights