PDA

View Full Version : How does Ron do in Kentucky?

Fredom101
09-22-2011, 02:44 PM
I was thinking, since voters elected his son to Senate, how does he do in Kentucky? In theory, he should do better in Kentucky than other places because Rand is popular there. But something tells me no, he probably polls around 13% like other places.

Something is really wrong if people are supporting Rand and Rick Perry!

Sola_Fide
09-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Not as well as would you think sadly.

We have still have a lot of conservatives here who think war is good. But I've noticed that Rand's message is making headway. Rand is extremely popular here in Kentucky, for fiscal tea party type issues if anything. Most conservatives here haven't made the connection of militarism to bankruptcy yet, but I think the seeds are being planted.

Fredom101
09-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Not as well as would you think sadly.

We have still have a lot of conservatives here who think war is good. But I've noticed that Rand's message is making headway. Rand is extremely popular here in Kentucky, for fiscal tea party type issues if anything. Most conservatives here haven't made the connection of militarism to bankruptcy yet, but I think the seeds are being planted.

I wish Rand would come out more anti-war. Now that is in, why should he care that his base is pro-war? Just tell it like it is. Then, we could tie Rand to Ron and have him poll like Romney does in Utah!

sailingaway
09-22-2011, 02:54 PM
A senate race is very different from a presidential race. every state has two senators, the entire country picks only one President. Ron was tied for first in the Senate race polling in TX before he made it clear he wasn't running, but he hasn't yet been first in polling for the presidential race there.

But I agree they should prefer Ron to Perry and Romney.

LibertyEsq
09-22-2011, 02:55 PM
I think he was at like 12% to Perry's 30%ish in the last PPP poll. Not sure if he was ahead of Romney or not

libertybrewcity
09-22-2011, 02:55 PM
I believe he was polling at about 8% or so. Not really that great...

Sola_Fide
09-22-2011, 03:02 PM
You also have to keep in mind that Kentucky is a Republican weather vane state. We have a late primary and we usually just go with the eventual Republican nominee.

eleganz
09-22-2011, 03:22 PM
I know absolutely nothing about Kentucky but I do know if I voted for my senator and was proud of that vote and his father was running for president, it would only make sense to vote for that father unless he was just plain full of B.S. But thats just me! :)

jcarcinogen
09-22-2011, 03:45 PM
But Rick Perry has good hair and publicly prays.

ZanZibar
09-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Won't matter because the KY primary is so late.