PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER NH poll released today puts Ron in 3d with 12% in NH, Perry in 2d w 13%

sailingaway
09-22-2011, 11:00 AM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/22/two-new-polls-indicate-romneys-the-man-to-beat-in-new-hampshire/

According to an American Research Group poll released Thursday morning, 30 percent of likely New Hampshire Republican primary voters say they support Romney, the former governor of neighboring Massachusetts who's making his second bid for president, with Perry a distant second at 13 percent.

Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, who's making his third run for the White House, is at 12 percent, with former Utah Gov. and former U.S. Ambassador to China Jon Huntsman at ten percent, Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota at seven percent, and everyone else in the low single digits.

Romney's support is virtually unchanged since ARG's last survey, which was conducted in July. Perry, who launched his campaign in mid-August, is up 11 points, with Huntsman jumping ten points, Paul's up eight points, with Bachmann dropping five points since July.

Well, everyone has Ron surging, and two have Huntsman at 10%. Perry bounces.

Here's the poll: http://americanresearchgroup.com/pres2012/primary/rep/nh/

Note that both of these were the polls where Ron previously did POORLY compared to others. I wonder what the CNN poll of NH would say....

Steve-in-NY
09-22-2011, 02:04 PM
We are squarely in 3rd across every demographic in that poll.
We need every supporter to get JUST ONE MORE person on board.
Just one.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?311146-Take-the-Ron-Paul-Challenge

Lets do this.

pauliticalfan
09-22-2011, 02:08 PM
Wow, so Jon Huntsman's really at 10 percent there. Hmm...

RonPaulCult
09-22-2011, 02:09 PM
Make those calls to New Hampshire guys!!!!!!

Brian4Liberty
09-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Wow, so Jon Huntsman's really at 10 percent there. Hmm...

Hmmm is right. Goes to show how easy it is for the media to create and destroy candidates.

sailingaway
09-22-2011, 02:11 PM
People keep saying 'the polls are right' but these polls are very different when it comes to Perry, in the same state, and in the same time frame. I understand the Suffolk poll, knowing New Hampshire, is heavier on independents.

RP Supporter
09-22-2011, 02:19 PM
ARG does not have that good of a reputation, as I recall.

That being said, it collaborates what we saw in the other polls. Paul has a very good chance of becoming a solid second in this state soon, especially if Perry continues to decline. Huntsman is staking everything on a good performance here, but most Republicans don't like him, and the more he grows, the more he hurts Romney. (Both are seen as being "moderates" as compared to Perry.)

If Paul can get up to around 20, while Huntsman continues to climb, I think victory here is very possible. Romney should win this, being Governor of Massachusetts. But he did not in 2008, and him only garnering 30% is weak for him. Once one candidate shows themselves as the anti Romney in the state, it will become a two man race, one I'd say we'd have the edge in.

First in Iowa and New Hampshire= a Ron Paul nomination.:)

Uriah
09-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Huntsman's numbers may be partly due to the media but he is putting all his eggs in the New Hampshire basket. It's his only chance. He probably won't do well in Iowa or South Carolina.

Hmmm is right. Goes to show how easy it is for the media to create and destroy candidates.