PDA

View Full Version : Values Voter Summit Poll

RonPaul101.com
09-22-2011, 08:40 AM
Just trying to see who is going or would go to the conference and straw poll in DC.

erowe1
09-22-2011, 08:43 AM
I was considering it for a long time, and trying to keep the option open. But it's looking like, unless something else that's come up changes, I won't be able to go.

I definitely encourage people to do it if they're at all interested. Anyone who's close enough to DC to make a weekend trip there and who is at least comfortable in a socially conservative environment should go.

RonPaul101.com
09-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Considering the highly populated area that surrounds DC and could make it a drivable day trip, we shouldn't let Perry win this Straw Poll. If Perry wins, the media will hail it as a clear signal from southern Christian voters.

Oddone
09-22-2011, 09:30 AM
Wish I could go!

RonPaul101.com
09-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Wow, the lack of response to this straw poll is unsettling. I can't even count how many times I've heard supporters from Maryland, NJ, PA, etc. say that they are big Ron Paul supporters and are disappointed that their state is a late primary; that they wish they could have more impact. This is that impact, this is a way to help Ron Paul's regional and national numbers. Its a Christian conservative straw poll, and I'm sure undecide voters from Iowa to Virginia and Tennessee will notice if Perry wins this poll easily.

We need to put up a good challenge and there are plenty of RP supporters in the mid-atlantic states to pull this off.

muzzled dogg
09-22-2011, 10:05 AM
yeah i'm drivin down

RonPaul101.com
09-22-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm leavng from Southern NJ in the Cherry Hill area if folks want to car pool.

RonPaul101.com
09-22-2011, 10:09 PM
I would really like to steal this straw poll from Perry.

RonPaul101.com
09-23-2011, 01:45 PM
For those who 100% definitely would go if they had a ticket, please reach out to the campaign and let them know that.

If they get a lot of responses on this they may get tickets for you. http://www.ronpaul2012.com/contact-us/

Rothbardian Girl
09-23-2011, 01:49 PM
I would go if I still lived in PA. Best of luck to all.

RonPaul101.com
09-24-2011, 09:22 AM
bump

RonPaul101.com
09-25-2011, 03:19 PM
So far 2-3 that need a ticket; I'm working on that...

TexMac
09-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Do we need to do robocalls?

RonPaul101.com
09-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Do we need to do robocalls?

I would say no. Based on the number of votes we think we'll need to win (not writing the number here, but you can guess as well as I can) we would be able to find the voters in this high traffic area of the country. We just need the campaign to buy tickets, which is why I recommend everyone interested in going use the contact us feature on the official site and ask for tickets to support Ron Paul.

Tinnuhana
09-25-2011, 03:41 PM
You sure it will be Perry to beat by then? Not that it matters...still want to win the thing.

Chainspell
09-25-2011, 03:44 PM
So this poll tells us...

1. There are no Christians in this forum? Or... No Christian that wants to go?
2. There are more people that would rather watch tv...

hmmmm....

RonPaul101.com
09-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Likely still to be Perry, though even if its Cain trying to make a name for himself, that needs to come to an end also.

erowe1
09-25-2011, 03:54 PM
I know some people in the DC area whom I could call about this. Is there anyone I should get them in contact with, especially if they can get discounted tickets.

PM me if anyone knows.

RonPaul101.com
09-26-2011, 01:59 PM
I know some people in the DC area whom I could call about this. Is there anyone I should get them in contact with, especially if they can get discounted tickets.

PM me if anyone knows.

Just PM'd you...

Umbro2914
09-26-2011, 03:31 PM
is $50 the cheapest the tickets can be?

jt8025
09-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Does anyone have a chip-in for this that needs funds? I'm in Savannah, GA and thought about going but plane tickets are a little high this last minute and didn't think $900 for two votes would be money well spent.

Could give some of that to help out others that NEED money to go.

RonPaul101.com
09-27-2011, 08:14 AM
Does anyone have a chip-in for this that needs funds? I'm in Savannah, GA and thought about going but plane tickets are a little high this last minute and didn't think $900 for two votes would be money well spent.

Could give some of that to help out others that NEED money to go.

I have one on my website for transportation costs; as for tickets, I am working on the campaign for some tickets. I am trying to transport 15 RP supporters.

Esoteric
09-27-2011, 08:27 AM
yeah i'm drivin down

shem kellogg. straw poll champion.

Aratus
09-27-2011, 03:55 PM
bump

IDefendThePlatform
09-28-2011, 07:15 AM
Bump

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=171176606267834 (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=171176606267834)

rprprs
09-28-2011, 07:41 AM
Check your inbox for Ron's email on how "CRITICAL" this straw poll is.

rp08orbust
09-28-2011, 07:45 AM
Check your inbox for Ron's email on how "CRITICAL" this straw poll is.

LOL. Do you mind quoting any portion of it? I'm glad they saw the light (as of a week ago, it wasn't important at all and they didn't think they could win).

If Herman Cain wins this straw poll I will shit a porcupine. We must win this folks.

Tim724
09-28-2011, 07:53 AM
is $50 the cheapest the tickets can be?

You can get $10 tickets through the Ron Paul Campaign Website. There was email this morning about it.

I am in Baltimore and plan to attend. I can only make it on Saturday, which is great so I can see Dr Paul's 9am speech. I'll also probably stay to see Mitt (just out of curiosity). Too bad Bachman and Cain are scheduled for Friday - I would have rather seen them speak (again, purely out of curiosity and to size up the competition).

rprprs
09-28-2011, 08:11 AM
LOL. Do you mind quoting any portion of it? I'm glad they saw the light (as of a week ago, it wasn't important at all and they didn't think they could win).

If Herman Cain wins this straw poll I will shit a porcupine. We must win this folks.

Dear rprprs,

There’s not much time, so I’m not going to beat around the bush.

The Values Voter Summit Straw Poll takes place next Friday, October 7, and Saturday, October 8, in Washington, D.C.

It is absolutely CRITICAL that I have a strong showing there.

Will you agree to come out and vote for me at the Values Voter Straw Poll?

I hope I can count on you to be there.

This race for the Presidency is wide open.

So the national media and many rank-and-file Republican voters are keeping a keen eye on what happens in these straw polls.

And many folks view the Values Voter Straw Poll as one of the most important in the country.

After all, the impact that Christian voters can have on a Presidential race is no secret to anyone.

So a strong finish at the Values Voter Straw Poll could give my campaign an enormous boost!

I’m polling third nationally and either second or third in most key early-state primary polls.

And a recent article in The Hill all but predicted me to become one of two top-tier Republicans to duke it out for the nomination for President.

But there’s more work to be done. And I MUST be able to count on the support of good folks like you.

So I hope you’ll come out to the Values Voter Summit Straw Poll.

And to make it easier for you to attend, I’ve just instructed my staff to purchase tickets and offer them to supporters like you for only $10.

You can reserve your tickets here.

Voting begins Friday at noon and runs until 7 pm. It picks back up again at 7 am on Saturday and runs to 1:00 pm that afternoon.

I’ll be speaking to the crowd at 9:00 am on Saturday morning, so I’m encouraging as many of my supporters to come on Saturday as possible.

But whatever you do, please come out and vote.

The event will be held at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, D.C. Click here for directions.

Of course, please remember, the attendees of the Values Voter Summit are looking for a principled candidate who can reach out to and win voters while representing our shared values.

That’s why I’m asking you to please dress appropriately for the event and be respectful and civil to other attendees.

Understand that you will be viewed as a representative of my campaign at this event.

And remember that a strong showing at the Straw Poll will send a message to the country that I am the true constitutional conservative candidate!

So please join me in Washington, D.C., for the Values Voter Summit next week.

I look forward to seeing you there!

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

P.S. Next week’s Values Voter Summit Straw Poll is absolutely critical. Voting begins Friday, October 7, and runs through Saturday, October 8.

Can I count on you to be there? Tickets are only $10. It’s vital we have a strong showing!

Paid for by Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

www.ronpaul2012.com

libertybrewcity
09-28-2011, 08:13 AM
I'll be there...but I'm not much of a "values voter"

ItsTime
09-28-2011, 08:17 AM
Does anyone need Black This Out cards to hand out? I just received a shipment of 5000 today. I can sell them to you at cost or if you are hard up for money I will send some for free.

PM so I can get these out ASAP.

RonPaul101.com
09-28-2011, 08:54 AM

I'll forward it to you.

rprprs
09-28-2011, 09:35 AM
I'll forward it to you.

It's been posted above in full.

Chieppa1
09-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Might hop on this bus from NYC.

G8orballboy
09-28-2011, 01:21 PM
Did anyone else order the $10 tix from RonPaul2012.com? Are they mailing out physical tix? are we just put on a list for some sort of will call? all I got was a confirmation number and email thanking me for my generous donation...

09-28-2011, 01:25 PM
I might be able to go, I have some things to do later in the day saturday, trying to figure out if I can drive to DC catch the speech, vote and be back in time.

I looked at the website for voters values. I don't think I really agree with a lot of their ideas...

G8orballboy
09-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Niether do I, but we need to represent... and we need to be civil for those going. Try to spread the message of freedom without stepping on toes!

hauntedbaby
09-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Did anyone else order the $10 tix from RonPaul2012.com? Are they mailing out physical tix? are we just put on a list for some sort of will call? all I got was a confirmation number and email thanking me for my generous donation...

Was just wondering the same thing - anybody? Super excited about this - my name showed up on the ticker from the purchase, too!

G8orballboy
09-28-2011, 02:15 PM
So I just got off the phone with Rachal (who's contact info was given if you had questions) and she said they'd be sending out emails and calling people who oredered with more information, but that there will be a booth set up to act as a will call, and we'll be able to pick up our tickets at the event. Hope this helps.

Umbro2914
09-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Its great to see a lot of "newer" supporters (or maybe jut recent members to RPF reagrdless lol) heading down to VVS. Hope to meet some of you there.

Nirvikalpa
09-28-2011, 02:54 PM
I will be there, and transporting others to/from DC.

wongster41
09-28-2011, 03:15 PM
I plan on showing up sat morning, driving from Baltimore Maryland.

jax
09-28-2011, 03:17 PM
ill be there