PDA

View Full Version : "To All" - A message from Troy Anthony Davis

donnay
09-21-2011, 11:45 PM
"To All" - A message from Troy Anthony Davis
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/235259-To-All-A-message-from-Troy-Anthony-Davis

To All:

I want to thank all of you for your efforts and dedication to Human Rights and Human Kindness, in the past year I have experienced such emotion, joy, sadness and never ending faith. It is because of all of you that I am alive today, as I look at my sister Martina I am marveled by the love she has for me and of course I worry about her and her health, but as she tells me she is the eldest and she will not back down from this fight to save my life and prove to the world that I am innocent of this terrible crime.

As I look at my mail from across the globe, from places I have never ever dreamed I would know about and people speaking languages and expressing cultures and religions I could only hope to one day see first hand. I am humbled by the emotion that fills my heart with overwhelming, overflowing Joy. I can't even explain the insurgence of emotion I feel when I try to express the strength I draw from you all, it compounds my faith and it shows me yet again that this is not a case about the death penalty, this is not a case about Troy Davis, this is a case about Justice and the Human Spirit to see Justice prevail.

I cannot answer all of your letters but I do read them all, I cannot see you all but I can imagine your faces, I cannot hear you speak but your letters take me to the far reaches of the world, I cannot touch you physically but I feel your warmth everyday I exist.

So Thank you and remember I am in a place where execution can only destroy your physical form but because of my faith in God, my family and all of you I have been spiritually free for some time and no matter what happens in the days, weeks to come, this Movement to end the death penalty, to seek true justice, to expose a system that fails to protect the innocent must be accelerated. There are so many more Troy Davis'. This fight to end the death penalty is not won or lost through me but through our strength to move forward and save every innocent person in captivity around the globe. We need to dismantle this Unjust system city by city, state by state and country by country.

I can't wait to Stand with you, no matter if that is in physical or spiritual form, I will one day be announcing,

"I AM TROY DAVIS, and I AM FREE!"

Never Stop Fighting for Justice and We will Win!

Kylie
09-22-2011, 05:59 AM
Damn. That's sad.

I hope he can find peace. Godspeed.

wannaberocker
09-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Isnt it wierd how some people often become sort of like mother Teresa like figure after they kill someone and end up on death row? I mean thats is what this guy's supporter would have you believe, that he was a saint wrongly convicted. I know the same sort of circus was going on when they executed Stanley "Tookie" Williams the co founder of the Crips. His supporters tried to present him as a saint also.

ForLiberty2012
09-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Isnt it wierd how some people often become sort of like mother Teresa like figure after they kill someone and end up on death row? I mean thats is what this guy's supporter would have you believe, that he was a saint wrongly convicted. I know the same sort of circus was going on when they executed Stanley "Tookie" Williams the co founder of the Crips. His supporters tried to present him as a saint also.

There isn't ANY evidence to his alleged murder. It was all witness account and most of them went back on their statements saying that the police threatened them if they didn't say it was Troy Davis. It's a broken system, and yet another example of how no justice was served. He may not be a saint, and it's possible that he's guilty, but given all the facts, there is no way this man deserved to die. I am ashamed to live in a world that allows Casey Anthony to walk the streets free and Troy Davis is dead. Ashamed.

Graeme
09-22-2011, 09:37 AM
There was plenty of evidence. And none of the people who recanted were willing to do it under oath. You had matching shell casings, his own admission that he shot the first guy and was present at the fight where the cop was shot, you had nine eye witnesses who stood by their story for nearly 20 years, you had the bloody shorts with MacPhail's own blood on it retrieved from Troy's house. (Illegal search, the court ruled, and kicked the evidence out.)

This recent "recantation" of the witnesses is common in anti-death penalty mantras. Those poor people were probably being called day and night and told if they didn't recant, they would have blood on their hands. None of them were willing to recant under oath and penalty of perjury, though.

I'm against the death penalty. I think the government should not take the lives of anyone, and that it is a gross injustice in and of itself. But I also think that this man murdered that cop, and tried to murder the other guy he shot that night (and admitted to).

donnay
09-22-2011, 09:49 AM

You don't believe people can change? But besides that, you don't think innocent people are railroaded, because some DA or Prosecutor needs to have wins for the political aspirations? Think again...

Facts on Post-Conviction DNA Exonerations

There have been 273 post-conviction DNA exonerations in the United States.

• The first DNA exoneration took place in 1989. Exonerations have been won in 34 states; since 2000, there have been 206 exonerations.

• 17 of the 273 people exonerated through DNA served time on death row.

• The average length of time served by exonerees is 13 years. The total number of years served is approximately 3,524.

• The average age of exonerees at the time of their wrongful convictions was 27.

Races of the 273 exonerees:

166 African Americans
81 Caucasians
20 Latinos
2 Asian American
4 whose race is unknown

• The true suspects and/or perpetrators have been identified in 124 of the DNA exoneration cases.

Read more: http://www.innocenceproject.org/Content/Facts_on_PostConviction_DNA_Exonerations.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohRGaN1S4aU#t=2m39s

“Liberty can not be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.” ~John Adams

“To consider judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions is a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy.” ~Thomas Jefferson

"it is better [one hundred] guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer". ~Benjamin Franklin

“It behoves every man who values liberty of conscience for himself, to resist invasions of it in the case of others: or their case may, by change of circumstances, become his own.” ~Thomas Jefferson

affa
09-22-2011, 11:12 AM
the death penalty is vile. the absolute fact that, if one has the death penalty, one will execute innocents on occasion makes it morally reprehensible, turning the state and its representatives into murderers. And even if, impossibly, one only executed the guilty, it would still turn the state and its representatives into blood thirsty murderers.

this country is ill, so ill, and one symptom of that is that too many people sit at home cheering on the death of others. the men, women, and children labeled 'combatants' in far off countries by our military and media. the men and woman labeled 'guilty' by our media, even if our courts decide otherwise.

give the state the ability to murder, and they will. they will murder the guilty. they will murder the innocent. they will murder our pets. it's all the same corrupted power.

there is little justice in vengeance. their is no love, no mercy, no good in vengeance. and when, as will inevitably happen on occasion, the accused was actually innocent, the true colors of vengeance shine through.

do not misunderstand me -- if someone came into my home and hurt someone i love, I am not saying one should sit idly by. But in giving over that power to the state, it will become corrupted and misused.

libertyjam
09-22-2011, 11:42 AM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/sep/21/troy-davis-10-reasons

Top Witness and finger-er Coles most likely the killer.

Graeme
09-22-2011, 11:59 AM
That article completely discounts the bloody shorts with MacPhail's DNA on it found at Davis' house. It was tossed from evidence because the court found that the mother could not give permission to allow the search and she was "under duress" at the time of the warrant. That does make it inadmissible in court, but at the same time, nobody can explain how a murdered cop's blood ended up splashed all over the shorts of a man who insisted to his death that he "did not personally kill Officer MacPhail."

That's what he's said all along. He doesn't and never has denied being involved. Just insists that he did not "personally" kill him

squarepusher
09-22-2011, 12:50 PM
8. No gun was ever found connected to the murder. Coles later admitted that he owned the same type of .38-calibre gun that had delivered the fatal bullets, but that he had given it away to another man earlier on the night of the shooting.

O RLY?

Anti Federalist
09-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Strange how some can't believe that government can fix a pothole or deliver a letter without ten tons of mistakes, inefficiency and waste, but all of sudden it becomes a machine of clicking precision when it comes to killing convicts, dropping bombs and torturing people.

phill4paul
09-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Strange how some can't believe that government can fix a pothole or deliver a letter without ten tons of mistakes, inefficiency and waste, but all of sudden it becomes a machine of clicking precision when it comes to killing convicts, dropping bombs and torturing people.

+ rep for the honest to God truth of it.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
09-22-2011, 02:52 PM
I often wonder how many innocent people have been killed under the death penalty. Govt does just about everything wrong, Im sure putting the guilty the death ranks among them.

flightlesskiwi
09-22-2011, 05:05 PM
the death penalty is vile. the absolute fact that, if one has the death penalty, one will execute innocents on occasion makes it morally reprehensible, turning the state and its representatives into murderers. And even if, impossibly, one only executed the guilty, it would still turn the state and its representatives into blood thirsty murderers.

this country is ill, so ill, and one symptom of that is that too many people sit at home cheering on the death of others. the men, women, and children labeled 'combatants' in far off countries by our military and media. the men and woman labeled 'guilty' by our media, even if our courts decide otherwise.

give the state the ability to murder, and they will. they will murder the guilty. they will murder the innocent. they will murder our pets. it's all the same corrupted power.

there is little justice in vengeance. their is no love, no mercy, no good in vengeance. and when, as will inevitably happen on occasion, the accused was actually innocent, the true colors of vengeance shine through.

do not misunderstand me -- if someone came into my home and hurt someone i love, I am not saying one should sit idly by. But in giving over that power to the state, it will become corrupted and misused.

this is a culture enraptured with killing but afraid of death.

Philhelm
09-22-2011, 05:25 PM
this is a culture enraptured with killing but afraid of death.

There's a word for that. Cowardice.

Anti Federalist
09-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Powerful. +rep