PDA

View Full Version : How the media will marginalize Nov 5th

Matt Collins
11-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Here is my prediction on how the mainstream media will marginalize Nov 5th -

They will say something along the lines of:
"A bunch of Ron Paul supporters decided to hold off their donations until Nov 5th and simply donate all at once - no big deal, he is still behind the others in terms of overall fundraising".

Let's be prepared to counter this!

Ideas?

TheEvilDetector
11-05-2007, 12:19 PM

"A bunch of Ron Paul supporters decided to hold off their donations until Nov 5th and simply donate all at once - no big deal, he is still behind the others in terms of overall fundraising".

Ideas?

If this kind of pace continues the rest will be left in the dust, even the fascist will be outraised this quarter. Have faith.

micahnelson
11-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Ron Paul supporters are a coordinated grass roots force not to be overlooked.

Ask any other candidate if they could find volunteers to do this for them.

ladyliberty
11-05-2007, 12:22 PM
whaddaya wanna bet they are going to accuse those one or two fat guys in the basement of stealing credit card numbers to spam donations? :mad:

FluffyUnbound
11-05-2007, 12:25 PM
http://video1.washingtontimes.com/dinan/2007/11/ron_pauls_cash_flow.html

The Washington Times gives it a fair shake, and doesn't even mention V.

Kade
11-05-2007, 12:27 PM

Ideas?

If supporters held off until Nov. 5th, where did the 5 Million Dollars from the last big pull come from?

M.Bellmore
11-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Ron Paul supporters are a coordinated grass roots force not to be overlooked.

Ask any other candidate if they could find volunteers to do this for them.

Other candidate drool at the prospect of having a grassroots like this (well maybe just drool :p)

european
11-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Other candidate drool at the prospect of having a grassroots like this (well maybe just drool :p)

they do drool :D

Seanmc30
11-05-2007, 05:51 PM
This really is unbelieveable... im digging and digging and digging through Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC and still I find not a single word on this entire thing.

Truly amazing the power and indeed bias of the MSM.

Energy
11-05-2007, 05:55 PM
YouTube, word-of-mouth and our passion is our weapon against the MSM.

ronpaulitician
11-05-2007, 05:58 PM
he is still behind the others in terms of overall fundraising
Giuliani and Romney, perhaps.

Thompson and McCain?

Tancredo and Hunter?

I think that, in a way, the "A bunch of Ron Paul supporters decided to hold off their donations until Nov 5th and simply donate all at once" criticism is valid. Still, it's smart politics, as we'll end up getting more headlines this way (record-breaking one-day fundraising) than we would've if we had just spread the $3+ million out over October. Of course, had we been able to do this on October 31st... Then again, I'm not sure that the V for Vendetta symbolism didn't add to today's event. A little controversy sometimes helps a lot.

justinc.1089
11-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Well the thing is if the majority of donations are donated at the same time, some people will be able to donate again later and probably will. But if they had not donated originally because of the mass donation, then they would only donate one time. So it does create more donations overall probably.

realitywiz
11-05-2007, 07:27 PM

Ideas?

Like all their other excuses, this one will fail as well. People are not as stupid as they think.

______

Elwar
11-05-2007, 07:35 PM
http://video1.washingtontimes.com/dinan/2007/11/ron_pauls_cash_flow.html

The Washington Times gives it a fair shake, and doesn't even mention V.

I prefer "maverick" to all others.

James R
11-05-2007, 08:01 PM

Ideas?

Would they really say that? If not that they'll figure something out I'm sure.

Elwar
11-05-2007, 08:27 PM
They'll stress that the original goal was $10 million but we fell short of it by X amount of dollars.

James R
11-05-2007, 08:46 PM
They'll stress that the original goal was $10 million but we fell short of it by X amount of dollars.

I'm trying to figure out what I would think if I heard that same news of another candidate... say Gravel of the Democrats. I would think... the media is insane to think that guy has no chance when they are doing $10 million fund-raisers. Then I'd look him up on the internet and get quite a lot of detail on him. In fact I'd wonder how he would lose if he could pull that kind of money.

And, if I were a neocon at the top, I think I'd be full of panic and attempt to discredit him with quite a lot of effort into it. The neocons will be in panic mode tomorrow. Lucky for us we are "working" for one of the most honest people in the United States (let alone congress) and what "dirt" they get will be really weak, and basically drummed up nonsense. Its one reason why I'm keeping my "fact attacK" article high on the donations forum.

Energy
11-05-2007, 08:56 PM

Old saying: "Shoot for the stars, get to the moon."

Matt Collins
11-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Interesting responses

CJLauderdale4
11-05-2007, 09:10 PM
whaddaya wanna bet they are going to accuse those one or two fat guys in the basement of stealing credit card numbers to spam donations? :mad:

I was wondering which one of you b@stards took my CC number and gave my money to Ron Paul.

Nice try LadyLiberty - IT WAS YOU, WASN'T IT?!?!?!

fightfortruth
11-05-2007, 09:14 PM

Yeah, I am sure Hannity will be the first one to say this. I don't care, Ron Paul supporters rock. We prove them wrong everyday!!!