PDA

View Full Version : Those who just don't get it

jonhowe
09-21-2011, 08:37 PM
Out of curiosity, how much education on a given subject do you typically give when trying to explain Ron's positions to someone who just doesn't get it? When I talk about Ron's foreign policy, for example, I feel like I have to recap modern history to have it make sense!

I mean, how do I reply to this without a 3 month long course? It was posted by a former coworker of mine who likes to attack Ron and libertarianism:

"It's interesting how the same members of the GOP congress who is always hooping and hollering about government intervention into the business and banking industry, is enmasse intervening to try to pressure the Fed chief from initiating further actions to spur the economy. The Fed is not government controlled and is not a government entity, but the GOP congress is meddling pretty hard!"

specsaregood
09-21-2011, 08:53 PM
lol, he is half-way there.

jonhowe
09-21-2011, 09:08 PM
You'd think so, but he's not. He's PRO meddling, he just sees this as Ron being a hypocrite so he latches on to it.

specsaregood
09-21-2011, 09:12 PM
You'd think so, but he's not. He's PRO meddling, he just sees this as Ron being a hypocrite so he latches on to it.

ok, well then he's halfway to the wrong direction.

KramerDSP
09-21-2011, 09:48 PM
Stupid and ignorant people make my brains explode. And I've only been at this for four years now. I seriously have no idea how Ron Paul hasn't gone postal in his 40 year fight.

ETA - this coming from a person that used the term "brains" in the plural. Sigh. It's late! :D