PDA

View Full Version : Cut military spending? We'll have to draft you then. So says Republican congressman.

Anti Federalist
09-21-2011, 07:28 PM
US lawmaker warns cuts may revive military draft

Activist Post
September 21, 2011

http://www.infowars.com/us-lawmaker-warns-cuts-may-revive-military-draft/

A key US lawmaker leading the fight against military spending cuts has warned that dramatic new reductions could force the United States to shift from an all-volunteer military and reinstate the draft.

House Armed Services Committee Buck McKeon, a Republican, told Fox News television on Monday that lawmakers “need to understand what it’s going to mean to keep an all-volunteer force.”

“Do we want to reinstitute the draft? Some of the cuts we’re talking about would take over 200,000 out of end strength from our military,” McKeon said in remarks also reported in the Washington Post on Tuesday.

The lawmaker said that an August debt-limit deal included $465 billion of defense spending cuts over ten years, and warned that “it’ll be over another $500 billion” in automatic cuts to military programs if a new “supercommittee” fails to find $1.2 trillion in deficit cuts over ten years in a few weeks.

Imaginos
09-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Sure.
You and your family go fight and die first congressman.
We'll follow you if you practice what you preach.
:rolleyes:

HOLLYWOOD
09-21-2011, 08:06 PM
Howard BUCK McKeon is a the Military Industrial Complex's head prostitute checkout the top donors

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/Howard_BUCK_McKeon.png

http://mckeon.house.gov/

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/11/CA-25th.png

oyarde
09-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Northwest excavating ? wth ?

gls
09-22-2011, 09:39 AM
The wars would be over in a nanosecond if there was a draft, which is why it will never happen.

moostraks
09-22-2011, 09:45 AM
not following the train of thought here but I am sleep deprived so help me out here...if they don't get the money then they will force civilians into service to work for free and let go of those currently serving???:confused:

Graeme
09-22-2011, 09:48 AM
not following the train of thought here but I am sleep deprived so help me out here...if they don't get the money then they will force civilians into service to work for free and let go of those currently serving???:confused:

No.. not for free.

Instead of maintaining an active troop count of x, we're going to cut x jobs. Then, if we NEED more troops immediately, we'll draft them and pay them as long as we need them. This is as opposed to paying them full time all the time. We'll only "hire" them when we need them.

only the hiring is forced servitude. PAID, but still forced. If you don't do it, they put you in a cage.

oyarde
09-22-2011, 09:50 AM
not following the train of thought here but I am sleep deprived so help me out here...if they don't get the money then they will force civilians into service to work for free and let go of those currently serving???:confused: Well , I suppose , if you have conscripts , you do not have to pay as well , no bonuses to encourage re enlistment , no retirement benefits , no college fund etc. , of course , there will be less tax revenue stolen from them too , so , not sure if the math will work ..

oyarde
09-23-2011, 10:15 AM
//

jkr
09-23-2011, 10:57 AM
die for ME $lave

oyarde
09-23-2011, 10:59 AM
die for ME $lave And die they will , if you start invading countries with conscript Infantry .

moostraks
09-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Well , I suppose , if you have conscripts , you do not have to pay as well , no bonuses to encourage re enlistment , no retirement benefits , no college fund etc. , of course , there will be less tax revenue stolen from them too , so , not sure if the math will work ..

Well that is kind of where my mind went is that unless they are free you will need at best 2-1 for most of the experienced military members we currently have as well as the decreasing taxes as you have pointed out. I mean the whole thing sounds like a mafia-esque threat for funding. The public is getting war fatigue (finally). They better be prepared for some serious consequences if this is the route they choose to take. What a jerk...

oyarde
09-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Well that is kind of where my mind went is that unless they are free you will need at best 2-1 for most of the experienced military members we currently have as well as the decreasing taxes as you have pointed out. I mean the whole thing sounds like a mafia-esque threat for funding. The public is getting war fatigue (finally). They better be prepared for some serious consequences if this is the route they choose to take. What a jerk... There are many oppurtunities to cut defense spending without a troop reduction . There are many oppurtunities to cut social spending etc etc

moostraks
09-23-2011, 11:11 AM
No.. not for free.

Instead of maintaining an active troop count of x, we're going to cut x jobs. Then, if we NEED more troops immediately, we'll draft them and pay them as long as we need them. This is as opposed to paying them full time all the time. We'll only "hire" them when we need them.

only the hiring is forced servitude. PAID, but still forced. If you don't do it, they put you in a cage.

I think it would be completely cost ineffective. Seeing as how we are entering one segment after another expanding the military aggression you aren't going to have layoffs but indefinite service. Seems more like they are transitioning the public into accepting a draft as a necessary evil due to lack of funding as opposed to the real case is that there may be a lack of interest in signing up as is displayed by the numerous tours done by war vets despite the repercussions of returning them. Guess they figured crashing the economy didn't drum up enough bodies to volunteer so now the financial aspect will force them to draft people. Arggghhhh!!!!!!