PDA

View Full Version : It's not America's fault; it's our foreign policy

RIPLEYMOM
09-21-2011, 01:41 PM
This simple statement finally registered with me. There still a large majority who think questioning this means you are anti-American or anti-soldier. This important differential just hit me in a recent Ron Paul video; that Americans don't motivate terrorist attacks; our FOREIGN POLICY DOES. I had this argument yesterday with my husband, and he's whippet smart; he still hadn't thought through this. I think this needs to be crystal clear and repeated in the next debate.

Captain Shays
10-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Ron I wish you would say; "if the founding fathers strongly advised against this sort of foreign policy, and it's not allowed in the Constitution and most Americans either didn't know until after the government did things in their names or disagreed with it from the beginning, how can you say that I am blaming the United States"? I am blaming those who had different ideas from the founding fathers, don't care about our Constitution or the will of the American people.

CaptainAmerica
10-01-2011, 07:28 PM
I always point out that its the u.s. foreign policy of the 20th century flaw, and I avoid "blaming americans".

Captain Shays
10-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Ron I wish you would look at Rick Santorum and say "Rick Santorum claims to be prolife and pro war but he can't see the contradiction". I suppose he has never heard of the Christian Just War Principles that our founding fathers believed in. That there were only four instances given in the bible where if a person kills another God does not consider him a murderer. Capital punishment, By accident. In self defense and in defense of your loved ones. That the only just war is a war of self defense. I suppose Rick Santorum knows better than God who to kill and when to kill them and what is murder and what is not.

Democrat4Paul
10-11-2011, 02:49 AM
firstly please excuse my posting style. i.e. no caps. or apostrophe's

i think ron paul is very reasonable in this regard. how is it america came to be this? i can't even start to say how much closing our bases and bringing our troops home would help make this country so much better. some think the world would be terrified, on the brink of disaster. i actually think the world would celebrate it. listen we live in a world of technology and light speed communication. the chances of another holocaust taking place is nil and none. and lets face it, genocide happens all over the world and we do nothing. we need not protect anyone physically with our armies. dying for freedom and democracy where they may not want it. wind down the war in afghanistan and bring 'em all home. the world can take care of itself, we will take care of ours, and we will have great trade and import/export with others. we will rebuild our manufacturing base by not spending money in the mic and redirecting it into building products and providing services the world wants and needs. this would not seem rocket science to understand

here is a hint: let them have their oil. we don't need it. and even if so, we will not fight for it and die for it. its not worth it. we can do better. i remember someone saying that three years ago. what a shame....