PDA

View Full Version : Question About Twitter - Twitter Pro's Please Help Me Out Here

dannno
09-21-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm not a big twitter person, but I do have an account and have a couple dozen followers and I follow about that many.

So let's say that I am following a relatively famous person (@FamousPerson) on twitter and I want to communicate something to them. They don't follow me, so they can't see my tweets and I can't direct message them. However I can tweet @FamousPerson (information, links, etc.) and they will receive it in their "mentions" or whatever.

What if the tweet I want this person to see is ONLY information they would find pertinent and I'm not interested in everybody who is following me seeing my tweet to this person? Is there a way to send a tweet that nobody sees except the @FamousPerson, if they happen to see it in their "mentions" ??

dannno
09-21-2011, 01:13 PM
bump

dannno
09-21-2011, 01:21 PM
C'mon, somebody here knows how to use twitter..

sailingaway
09-21-2011, 01:23 PM
the only way I know is DM and they have to follow you to do that, sorry. You might pm dusman or someone who does a lot of that.

lucky_bg
09-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Unfortunately, there is no way to do that. There is a Direct Message (DM) as a way to communicate directly on twitter with one and only one person to whom message is sent, but you can sent direct messages only to your followers on twitter and not to people whom you follow.

dannno
09-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Lame.

IDefendThePlatform
09-21-2011, 01:36 PM
You could temporarily block your followers if you don't want them to see it, I believe.

lucky_bg
09-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Lame.

Well, it is more lame if you want to make a pass on some famous person, and don't want your followers to be aware of that. :D

lucky_bg
09-21-2011, 01:47 PM
You could temporarily block your followers if you don't want them to see it, I believe.

Wasn't one of yours twitter accounts suspended today?!:p

dannno
09-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Well, it is more lame if you want to make a pass on some famous person, and don't want your followers to be aware of that. :D

Not when it's Allison Rosen http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxk-N5p2XtWZ4RiTvDnVUPO_PrWkzwE6-WRqgztzBAgbK6K9tUO3mkpw

american.swan
09-21-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm not a big twitter person, but I do have an account and have a couple dozen followers and I follow about that many.

So let's say that I am following a relatively famous person (@FamousPerson) on twitter and I want to communicate something to them. They don't follow me, so they can't see my tweets and I can't direct message them. However I can tweet @FamousPerson (information, links, etc.) and they will receive it in their "mentions" or whatever.

What if the tweet I want this person to see is ONLY information they would find pertinent and I'm not interested in everybody who is following me seeing my tweet to this person? Is there a way to send a tweet that nobody sees except the @FamousPerson, if they happen to see it in their "mentions" ??

Actually this is possible. I forgot the website that does this. It could have gone out of business.