PDA

View Full Version : IN - I'm not sure what the hell to make of this...

Anti Federalist
09-21-2011, 12:17 PM
WTF?

The cops receive a shipment of six, full auto, machine pistols, but there is no record of the purchase, and nobody is on record as having ordered them.

WTF?

There is a story here, a big one, and it has to do with the Feds militarizing the local cops without their consent or knowledge.

To the Chief's credit, he doesn't want them and is trying to send them back to wherever the hell they came from.

ETA - Let me help out, send them all along to:

Anti Federalist
123 Fake Street
Freedom NH 01234

Greenwood cops want to get rid of machine pistols

Updated: Sep 20, 2011 6:11 PM CDT

http://www.wthr.com/story/15509550/greenwood-cops-want-to-get-rid-of-machine-pistols

GREENWOOD - Police in a suburb just south of Indianapolis are trying to decide what to do with six new fully automatic handguns the chief doesn't want.

The Daily Journal reports officials at the Greenwood Police Department don't know who ordered the Glock machine pistols. The guns can fire 33 bullets in seconds with a single trigger pull. Police Chief Rick McQueary says they're too dangerous to use for officers who must carefully consider every shot.

McQueary is refusing to pay for the guns because it's not clear why they were shipped to the department in the first place. The department has no record of the purchase, and the company that shipped them refuses to take them back because they can't legally be sold to anyone outside a police agency.

phill4paul
09-21-2011, 12:28 PM
eta - let me help out, send them all along to:

Anti federalist
123 fake street
freedom nh 01234

lol!

fisharmor
09-21-2011, 01:04 PM
1) Get the shipping company to give you a name
2) Follow the payment receipt the seller has on file to find out where the money came from
3) Discipline the people responsible, preferably by firing them
4) Since you aren't capable of thinking of these steps yourself, step down as police chief and resign (how the hell you think you're going to find murderers and rapists is beyond me)

sirgonzo420
09-21-2011, 01:11 PM
1) Get the shipping company to give you a name
2) Follow the payment receipt the seller has on file to find out where the money came from
3) Discipline the people responsible, preferably by firing them
4) Since you aren't capable of thinking of these steps yourself, step down as police chief and resign (how the hell you think you're going to find murderers and rapists is beyond me)

oh they don't deal with stuff like that anymore.

just speeding tickets and lemonade stand shut-downs.

pcosmar
09-21-2011, 01:16 PM
I'm not sure what the hell to make of this...

An uptick in collateral damage.

:(

2young2vote
09-21-2011, 01:37 PM
It was probably a police officer using taxpayer money to buy them so he could then sell them in the black market, or a mix up by the manufacturing company or the shipping company. I don't think it was the federal government. They would have paid for the guns themselves, not ordered them and had them shipped. With as much as the federal government likes to spend money i think it is absurd to believe that they would have simply ordered them and nothing else. But, I could be wrong.

flightlesskiwi
09-21-2011, 02:48 PM
wouldn't a purchase like this have to have been made by someone authorized to purchase full-auto weapons???

aren't full auto machine guns made after a certain year "banned" for mundanes??

WilliamC
09-21-2011, 02:53 PM
WTF?

The cops receive a shipment of six, full auto, machine pistols, but there is no record of the purchase, and nobody is on record as having ordered them.

WTF?

There is a story here, a big one, and it has to do with the Feds militarizing the local cops without their consent or knowledge.

To the Chief's credit, he doesn't want them and is trying to send them back to wherever the hell they came from.

ETA - Let me help out, send them all along to:

Anti Federalist
123 Fake Street
Freedom NH 01234

And here I thought you were against government handouts ;)

Philhelm
09-21-2011, 02:56 PM
I think it was the Police Chief who ordered them. People started asking questions and now he's playing dumb.

Anti Federalist
09-21-2011, 02:59 PM
wouldn't a purchase like this have to have been made by someone authorized to purchase full-auto weapons???

aren't full auto machine guns made after a certain year "banned" for mundanes??

That is correct, no new, full auto, Class III firearms made after 1986 may be sold.

This rule does not apply to cops.

MJU1983
09-21-2011, 03:14 PM
I asked a buddy of mine what he thought about this. He said:

Sounds like the armorer or someone else in the dept tried to get a few full auto Glock 18s under the table. Somebody else opened the box when they came in... lol

I said:

I wonder if they would have been in violation of "the law"? I assume if the recipient, even if he is a cop, doesn't have a Class III license...he couldn't get full auto weapons? But who would "know"?

What I meant...the "cops"/police force could obtain the weapons "legally" but if the recipient who is a cop, obtained them for personal/private use and doesn't have a Class III license, that is a problem is it not?

fisharmor
09-21-2011, 03:19 PM
oh they don't deal with stuff like that anymore.

just speeding tickets and lemonade stand shut-downs.

Oh, I know... I was just pretending that police had any business existing in a free society to begin with.

Pericles
09-21-2011, 03:43 PM

I said:

What I meant...the "cops"/police force could obtain the weapons "legally" but if the recipient who is a cop, obtained them for personal/private use and doesn't have a Class III license, that is a problem is it not?

Police departments just have to order them with a statement on department letterhead. What happens after that ...... is a mystery. The loophole to the 1986 ban is police weapons (under certain circumstances) can be sold to mundanes, with the ATF Form 4 etc.

pacelli
09-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Sounds like an incoming BATF sting.

kylejack
09-21-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm going to guess: Drug dealers wanted some badass guns, found a crooked cop to place the order, and paid for it themselves. Crooked cop was supposed to intercept the shipment and hand it over but dropped the ball.

ghengis86
09-21-2011, 04:03 PM
I'm going to guess: Drug dealers wanted some badass guns, found a crooked cop to place the order, and paid for it themselves. Crooked cop was supposed to intercept the shipment and hand it over but dropped the ball.

Crooked cop? Being a bit redundant are we?

Now 'crooked-er' cop would clear it up.

speciallyblend
09-21-2011, 04:57 PM
And here I thought you were against government handouts ;)

touche

Pericles
09-21-2011, 06:01 PM

I said:

No, the owner of the NFA firearm is the agency, not the cop:

3.2.6.5 Transfers to State and local government agencies. Transferors must file ATF Forms 5,
Application for Tax Exempt Transfer and Registration of a Firearm, to register the firearm to such
agency. Appendix C contains a copy of the form. In these transactions, the transferor has no liability
for the transfer tax. The Form must be approved by ATF before the transfer may be made.

Carehn
09-21-2011, 08:17 PM
why don't thy look at the maker and see what record they have of the sale?

Look, Crazy stuff is hapening all over now and I'm starting to think about leaving the country. Even if i have to give my guns up to do it. I love this land and would like to see it restored but I'm thinking that maybe its time to get of this train.

Anti Federalist
09-21-2011, 08:21 PM
why don't thy look at the maker and see what record they have of the sale?

Look, Crazy stuff is hapening all over now and I'm starting to think about leaving the country. Even if i have to give my guns up to do it. I love this land and would like to see it restored but I'm thinking that maybe its time to get of this train.

Yeah, there is a lot about this story that doesn't make any sense at all, that's what had me flummoxed about it.

And, as much as I've said there is no place to run to anymore, there is no doubt the "fight or flight" endorphins are being dumped into my bloodstream by the gallon as well.

This is really starting to look like Berlin, 1934 or so.

flightlesskiwi
09-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Yeah, there is a lot about this story that doesn't make any sense at all, that's what had me flummoxed about it.

And, as much as I've said there is no place to run to anymore, there is no doubt the "fight or flight" endorphins are being dumped into my bloodstream by the gallon as well.

the positive: lots more space. the negative: lots better technology to monitor the lots more space.

Carehn
09-21-2011, 08:31 PM

I don't want to derail this thread. Any links to a thread about leaving this country?

I guess i will try doing my own dirty work.

Bad deal all around about the auto hand guns. Good news is they most likly will not know how to use them and run out of ammo before they know it. :) ya gatta look for that silver lining .

MJU1983
09-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Totally unrelated but figured it was cool/odd. A local police department in St Louis (Creve Coeur) has fully auto P90's...

I've fired the semi-auto P90, never a full auto.

ghengis86
09-21-2011, 08:43 PM
How useful is an FA handgun? Your mag is spent in a second; nor great for suppressive fire. Then time to reload Control is worse than an FA rifle. Plus the effective range is weak. Maybe CQC where you know your targets a tightly grouped and cannot resist.

Oh shit...that ain't good.

pcosmar
09-21-2011, 09:10 PM
How useful is an FA handgun?

Shock and awe.
Terrorism/intimidation.

Theatrics.
:(

flightlesskiwi
09-21-2011, 09:22 PM
How useful is an FA handgun? Your mag is spent in a second; nor great for suppressive fire. Then time to reload Control is worse than an FA rifle. Plus the effective range is weak. Maybe CQC where you know your targets a tightly grouped and cannot resist.

Oh shit...that ain't good.

good at creating collateral damage ?

ghengis86
09-21-2011, 09:27 PM
good at creating collateral damage ?

Yeah probably. Aside from the 'coolness' factor and the engineering challenge, the more I think about it, the less desirable the tool becomes.

Rael
09-21-2011, 09:29 PM
A fully auto handgun is pretty impractical. I wouldn't want to use a handgun on full auto.

Here's a video of these guns being used. Sure it's impressive, but it empties so fast you basically get one shot-better not miss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE_cz56HSRM

Danke
09-21-2011, 09:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h9XMyeKwjg&feature=related

Rael
09-21-2011, 09:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h9XMyeKwjg&feature=related

After shooting the gun...he ATE IT.

Anti Federalist
09-21-2011, 10:16 PM
After shooting the gun...he ATE IT.

In Soviet Russia fat guy eats Dog.

MJU1983
09-22-2011, 04:06 AM
Some more G18 love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBjUDCyDCuI

sirgonzo420
09-22-2011, 06:27 AM
Oh, I know... I was just pretending that police had any business existing in a free society to begin with.

nice response!

:D