PDA

View Full Version : Paul over Orlando! - Skyspot Advertizing.

Pages : [1] 2 3

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Just talking to Robert. Looks like it will cost $1,500 for Thursday and he's a supporter, so that is the cost of gas. Seems like the debate/straw poll is a 2 day thing - right? He can do both days for $3,000.

On Thursday he can start at 8pm and fly for an hour.
On Friday he has a commitment so can't be there till 9pm but is also willing to fly for an hour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2JIt88ieu8

Here is the Chipin:
http://skysignoveryoutubedebate.chipin.com/paul-over-orlando-skyspot

Not sure why - but the chipin seems to have ended early. We still need $785. Here is the new chipin:

http://skysignoveryoutubedebate.chipin.com/paul-over-orlando-skyspot-strawpoll

Please donate!

I am also collecting slogans to scroll under his wings and will pass those onto him. Keep them fairly short. Watch the vid for an idea of ad space.

thanks,

-t

V3n
09-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Your link takes me to a chip-in login page..

*link is working now*

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2011, 11:05 AM
SHIT! - does that work?

Josh or Bryan, could you put a widget on the forum for this?

<object width="250" height="250"><param name="movie" value="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/9c2234057be909eb"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="event_title" value="Paul%20over%20Orlando%20-%20Skyspot%20advertizing"></param><param name="event_desc" value="Paul%20over%20Orlando"></param><embed src="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/9c2234057be909eb" flashVars="event_title=Paul%20over%20Orlando%20-%20Skyspot%20advertizing&event_desc=Paul%20over%20Orlando" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="250" height="250"></embed></object>

thanks,

-t

Aratus
09-21-2011, 11:08 AM
^ all of this^

V3n
09-21-2011, 11:09 AM
It's fixed now.

Carole
09-21-2011, 11:20 AM
So EPIC!! :D

Oddone
09-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Donated $10! Now lets get some more donations and make this happen for the Florida events!

Edit: How long does it taske Chipin to update?

speciallyblend
09-21-2011, 11:27 AM
make it happen, we shall never surrender!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRdSNfUbZrY&feature=fvst
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRdSNfUbZrY&feature=fvst

ZanZibar
09-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Why?

What's the point?

What is the objective?

What is being accomplished by this?

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Why?

What's the point?

What is the objective?

You're an Obama supporter - right?

DUH!

orenbus
09-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Just talking to Robert. Looks like it will cost $1,500 for Thursday and he's a supporter, so that is the cost of gas. Seems like the debate/straw poll is a 2 day thing - right? He can do both days for $3,000.

On Friday he has a commitment so can't be there till 9pm but is also willing to fly for an hour.

I don't want to knock this because I like the idea, but it's a bit disingenuous to assume that gas for a Cessna 172 for two hours of operation would cost $3,000.

ZanZibar
09-21-2011, 11:56 AM
You're an Obama supporter - right?No, not hardly.

But seriously, what do you hope to accomplish with this project?

V3n
09-21-2011, 12:01 PM
I believe what Napoleon's Sha... ZanZibar means to say is: Is this a good use of money that is targeting likely Republican Primary voters or could the time/money/effort be better utilized elsewhere?

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2011, 12:08 PM
I don't want to knock this because I like the idea, but it's a bit disingenuous to assume that gas for a Cessna 172 for two hours of operation would cost $3,000.

He doesn't live in Orlando. it's an hour and a half round trip each day to get there and back then an hour of flying each day. That's 5 hours of flight time as well as maintenance costs and he has to replace very expensive halogen bulbs on a regular basis. My saying "gas" was simplistic - he is doing it for cost. He is a supporter.

He also kicks on the Ron Paul messages between jobs, flying from city to city.

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2011, 12:11 PM
No, not hardly.

Get Paul's name out there?
Show support
Deliver MESSAGE - like political points to people on the ground.

Speaking of which, I haven't seen a single message people want scrolled under those wings yet.

This thread was a whole lot different the last time I did it. It was like tons of people donating and massive numbers of messages people wanted to see.

What changed?

Oddone
09-21-2011, 12:12 PM
We need to support people who are doing things like this... We have the group creating the Giant Ron Paul sign and this isn't any different. We have to support each other, and the cost is tiny when everyone chips in.

V3n
09-21-2011, 12:17 PM
RON PAUL: THE ONE WHO CAN BEAT OBAMA
RON PAUL: RESTORE AMERICA NOW

-v

ZanZibar
09-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Get Paul's name out there?
Show support
Deliver MESSAGE - like political points to people on the ground.What research leads you to believe that it will be effective?

It was like tons of people donating and massive numbers of messages people wanted to see.

What changed?Everyone is now focused on effective methods such as phone banking getting involved in their local Republican parties, and going door to door to likely Republican voters.

orenbus
09-21-2011, 12:27 PM
He doesn't live in Orlando. it's an hour and a half round trip each day to get there and back then an hour of flying each day. That's 5 hours of flight time as well as maintenance costs and he has to replace very expensive halogen bulbs on a regular basis. My saying "gas" was simplistic - he is doing it for cost. He is a supporter.

He also kicks on the Ron Paul messages between jobs, flying from city to city.

I don't know still seems pretty high from what other pilots are saying the yearly costs are to maintain and fly their aircraft, even with the equivalent cost of bulbs that are used on the good year blimp included. If the man want's to make money to cover other costs aside from what is needed to fly during these hours I have no problem with that, plenty of people make money through advertising Ron Paul, just don't like the idea of being mislead.

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2011, 12:35 PM
I don't know still seems pretty high from what other pilots are saying the yearly costs are to maintain and fly their aircraft, even with the equivalent cost of bulbs that are used on the good year blimp included. If the man want's to make money to cover other costs aside from what is needed to fly during these hours I have no problem with that, plenty of people make money through advertising Ron Paul, just don't like the idea of being mislead.

My impression is that that is his operating cost. If you are being mislead - so am I.

I do know that he is a supporter.

That is confirmed.

lucky_bg
09-21-2011, 12:52 PM
+rep I like the idea. It's the way to underline our support for Ron and to distinguish Ron from other contenders by showing that even his supporters are not fat cats they compensate that with creativity and dedication.

And if any network reports on Ron's aerial advertising it would be best spent 3K so far, IMHO. You all now they like to report on curiosities that surounds debates.

Edit: And to people who are objecting to this idea - don't you have something else to do right now, other then discouraging and obstructing others who have plan to do something concrete for Ron's campaign?! Like home phoning, or canvassing neighborhood or signwaving or whatever else... Even taking a nap would be better for Ron's campaign then what you are doing right now.

ZanZibar
09-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Go awayThat's an intelligent response.

Why don't you actually answer the questions?

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Still need chipin's and slogans peeps!

hubze
09-21-2011, 01:10 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2JIt88ieu8

Here is the Chipin:

Please donate!

I am also collecting slogans to scroll under his wings and will pass those onto him. Keep them fairly short. Watch the vid for an idea of ad space.

thanks,

-t

"Bye Bye IRS...I'd like to say it's been fun!" !RonPaul!

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2011, 01:12 PM
That's an intelligent response.

Why don't you actually answer the questions?

Because there is no correct answer.

Prove that Austrian Economics works.

Prove the Kensian economics works.

I bet I could find arguments that both work and both don't work. So SHOW ME THE FUCKIN EVIDENCE! :rolleyes:

Prove that this works? - well, lets see, he's been in the business at least 4 years, gets repeat business and was in the business for a number of years before 2007. If it didn't work, would he still have a job/business?

It's called the free market TROLL!

lucky_bg
09-21-2011, 01:20 PM
I tweeted about this:

To all @RonPaul supporters if U want to see #RonPaul over Orlando by Skyspot advertizing 4 #Presidency5 consider this http://bit.ly/mWdiRW

http://twitter.com/#!/JovicicMilan/status/116591803452489729

Oddone
09-21-2011, 01:24 PM
I chipped in awhile back but it hasn't updated, how long does it usually take?

lucky_bg
09-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Up from 80 to 130$ in last 10 minutes :)

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Up to $185 now! but looks like we will just be doing Thursday at this rate.

more chipins peeps and slogans! -- Please!

also, please, tweet, facebook or whatever this project.

-t

parocks
09-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Why?

What's the point?

What is the objective?

All these questions? Don't you understand that all a voter needs is to see the magic words "Ron Paul" in as unorthodox a manner as possible? If it's possible to spend a lot of money to do so, all the better. Nothing says "serious candidate" like big expensive signs.

Now, the deadline for getting tickets for the straw poll was months ago. Some would argue that we should find out who has those tickets, and contact them with message. But others think that targeting those people isn't the way to go, but a big sign is.

lucky_bg
09-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Up to $185 now! but looks like we will just be doing Thursday at this rate.

more chipins peeps and slogans! -- Please!

also, please, tweet, facebook or whatever this project.

-t

It's still 130$ when I open chip in page. I posted it on ronpaul2012 and 1,000,000+ Citizens for Ron Paul & Jesse Ventura 2012 FB pages.

And don't worry about slogans. My suggestion is to use: "More donations from active duty military then all other participants in tonight debate combined" and after that "More donations from active duty military then Comander in chief Barack Obama"

parocks
09-21-2011, 02:06 PM
I believe what Napoleon's Sha... ZanZibar means to say is: Is this a good use of money that is targeting likely Republican Primary voters or could the time/money/effort be better utilized elsewhere?

Right. We aren't talking about Likely Republican Primary Voters either.

We're talking about people who are attending the straw poll. They already have their tickets. And they already know about Ron Paul. The deadline for buying more tickets is long past.

Bruno
09-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Local media are likely to pick up on this. Thousands of people will see it. I see it as a good use of money, and if we had one flying over the Ames Straw Poll, who knows, we may have had 75 Bachmann supporters leave her Randy Travis tent and come over to vote for Paul.

parocks
09-21-2011, 02:23 PM
If we gave the money to rp08orbust for Ames, he would've identified 75 supporters. RP08orbust does a great job of turning money into valuable data.

lucky_bg
09-21-2011, 02:24 PM
231$ or 7% so far.

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Still at $231 - common peeps please chipin!

ZanZibar
09-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Because there is no correct answer.

Prove that Austrian Economics works.

Prove the Kensian economics works.

I bet I could find arguments that both work and both don't work. So SHOW ME THE FUCKIN EVIDENCE! :rolleyes:

Prove that this works? - well, lets see, he's been in the business at least 4 years, gets repeat business and was in the business for a number of years before 2007. If it didn't work, would he still have a job/business?It's called time-tested proven strategy. People who have won many elections know what works and what doesn't work. But you don't see them buying blimps, and doing large amounts of expensive mass advertising (other than maybe on TV/Radio/Print JUST before and election). There is a reason for that.

As far as the pilot staying in business, well that means that he able to sell his service to enough clients that need it. But what he is doing is mass marketing branding which is NOT what any political campaign is in need of, especially at this time.

And why are you so rude? Really, your animosity makes you look bad.

redmod79
09-21-2011, 02:41 PM
+$10

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2011, 02:44 PM
It's called time-tested proven strategy. People who have won many elections know what works and what doesn't work. But you don't see them buying blimps, and doing large amounts of expensive mass advertising (other than maybe on TV/Radio/Print JUST before and election). There is a reason for that.

As far as the pilot staying in business, well that means that he able to sell his service to enough clients that need it. But what he is doing is mass marketing branding which is NOT what any political campaign is in need of, especially at this time.

GO AWAY TROLL!

And stop trying to derail every grassroots project that doesn't match your pathetic political training brainwashing.

lucky_bg
09-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Still at $231 - common peeps please chipin!

Something is strange about this chip in page. I reload it 5-6 times and it was always at 130$. So, I tried different browser (Opera instead of Chrome) and it was at 231$. Now it is at 241$. Going up quite slowly. I hope it would be better in the rest of the afternoon - evening.

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2011, 02:45 PM
+$10

Thank you! - and everyone else that has donated!

MJU1983
09-21-2011, 02:51 PM
GO AWAY TROLL!

And stop trying to derail every grassroots project that doesn't match your pathetic political training brainwashing.

Yeah I never understood why people come into threads that need positive energy, ideas, and promotion...just to be a naysayer. Some people must not remember moms advice: If You Don't Have Anything Nice to Say, Don't Say Anything At All. If someone doesn't agree with the idea, fine, they should start their own thread promoting their own 'ideas'. Don't rain on our parade though! :)

Sign slogan ideas: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?307404-Genius-sign-slogans

lucky_bg
09-21-2011, 02:51 PM
266$ :)

ZanZibar
09-21-2011, 03:04 PM
GO AWAY TROLL!

And stop trying to derail every grassroots project that doesn't match your pathetic political training brainwashing.The fact that you have no ability to defend your idea, or that you are unwilling to do so, is showing people that it may not be a good idea. And you doing nothing but hurling insults is not helping them to think you're a rational individual either.

parocks
09-21-2011, 03:24 PM
It's called time-tested proven strategy. People who have won many elections know what works and what doesn't work. But you don't see them buying blimps, and doing large amounts of expensive mass advertising (other than maybe on TV/Radio/Print JUST before and election). There is a reason for that.

Yer right

parocks
09-21-2011, 03:31 PM
The fact that you have no ability to defend your idea, or that you are unwilling to do so, is showing people that it may not be a good idea. And you doing nothing but hurling insults is not helping them to think you're a rational individual either.

Tangent currently is pushing a tv infomercial idea on another thread. I'm on that thread, trying to help, but, we're at a point where a script needs to be written.

I would think that Tangent, being in charge of the project, might want to spend his time moving the project forward by actually writing a script. Haven't seen anything happen there. Tangent typically seems to like "big" projects that require a lot of money. Typing, and gathering money.

I'm anticipating Tangent to skip any of the "work" stuff, and will shift his focus there, soon, to "give me money". And lots of it.

I still believe that we will need a long video to put on a DVD to go door to door with when there's snow on the ground. Tangent's informercial project could do that. So, I'm helping guide there. But the fact that the leader of the project won't start showing a script leads me to worry a bit there.

lucky_bg
09-21-2011, 03:39 PM
291$ - 9%

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Tangent currently is pushing a tv infomercial idea on another thread. I'm on that thread, trying to help, but, we're at a point where a script needs to be written.

I would think that Tangent, being in charge of the project, might want to spend his time moving the project forward by actually writing a script. Haven't seen anything happen there. Tangent typically seems to like "big" projects that require a lot of money. Typing, and gathering money.

I'm anticipating Tangent to skip any of the "work" stuff, and will shift his focus there, soon, to "give me money". And lots of it.

I still believe that we will need a long video to put on a DVD to go door to door with when there's snow on the ground. Tangent's informercial project could do that. So, I'm helping guide there. But the fact that the leader of the project won't start showing a script leads me to worry a bit there.

JEEZ! - I shifted focus something like 12 hours ago due to the tight timeline we have on this thing!

I am writing, but would like some help! - I do not see any script from you!

I have a partially written "script" written out for the 17-34yo audience and have thought out and am working on a longer 30 sec and how that turns into a 5 minute thing.

I'm not abandoning this! But the fricking FL debate is TOMMOROW! and I was on topic something like 12 hours ago for the infomercial!

-t

btw: what other "big" projects do you think I have pushed - other than the county fairs in IA that taken individually are SMALL money??? I really can not think of any.

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2011, 03:55 PM
$321.12 w00t!

Thank you all! - keep it coming!

-t

lucky_bg
09-21-2011, 03:58 PM
By promoting projects like this one we can not just collect necesary funds, but also atract other Ron's supporters to join us here at forums and become more active.

Milan Jovicicposted toRon Paul 2012
If you want to see Ron Paul over Orlando by Skyspot Advertizing for Presidency 5 debate and straw poll, please consider this.
www.ronpaulforums.com
www.ronpaulforums.com
Like · · Share · 33 minutes ago ·
Privacy:

Dave Wilcox Contribution made. See you there!
18 minutes ago · Like

Milan Jovicic Thank You man. Come join us at Ron Paul Forums if You are not already there :)
17 minutes ago · Like

Dave Wilcox Thanks..done!
4 minutes ago ·

parocks
09-21-2011, 04:10 PM
JEEZ! - I shifted focus something like 12 hours ago due to the tight timeline we have on this thing!

I am writing, but would like some help! - I do not see any script from you!

I have a partially written "script" written out for the 17-34yo audience and have thought out and am working on a longer 30 sec and how that turns into a 5 minute thing.

I'm not abandoning this! But the fricking FL debate is TOMMOROW! and I was on topic something like 12 hours ago for the infomercial!

-t

btw: what other "big" projects do you think I have pushed - other than the county fairs in IA that taken individually are SMALL money??? I really can not think of any.

I did write a fake script.

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Really? - linky?

And "fake" script????

I'm really looking for REAL scripts!

lucky_bg
09-21-2011, 04:15 PM
331$ - 11%

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2011, 04:28 PM
COOL! - Keep donating peeps!

and we also need more messages!

Yes - post here and your message will be scrolled over Orlando and maybe picked up by national media!

Razmear
09-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Chipin Widget added to RP12.com/cic

eb

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Just a blimp! - we need to raise some cash peeps!

Slogans also appreciated!

$346.12 now - we need a lot more!

lucky_bg
09-21-2011, 04:54 PM
346.12$

Airborn
09-21-2011, 05:00 PM
I support this! But I gotta ask why so short notice for raising funds??

Oddone
09-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Aye, curious myself. But better late than never, lets get some more funds into this quick!

lucky_bg
09-21-2011, 05:03 PM
366.12$ - 12%

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2011, 05:11 PM
I support this! But I gotta ask why so short notice for raising funds??

Because I'm stupid and was too focused on the infomercial project.

I knew this was coming up and it blindsided me.

I'm a idiot! - OK?

Poor planner in this case.

I admit it - we all fuck up sometimes...

-t

Paul4Prez
09-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Bring back the blimp!!! [ducks]

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Bring back the blimp!!! [ducks]

Cream pie heading for your face RSN! LOL! :D

speciallyblend
09-21-2011, 05:33 PM
is there a way for rpf to email all the foreign supporters??? seems like a perfect project for them to help out in legally right??

Airborn
09-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Because I'm stupid and was too focused on the infomercial project.

I knew this was coming up and it blindsided me.

I'm a idiot! - OK?

Poor planner in this case.

I admit it - we all fuck up sometimes...

-t

hey, i didnt mean it like that. I'm glad to see people like you doing things that are outside the internet!

Aratus
09-21-2011, 05:34 PM
here we go... the helium mini-blimps or helium balloons seem to be more practical than...

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Donate please - we are a long way from our goal - %5 and %10 donations go a Loooong WAY!

Oddone
09-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Wish I could donate more. Given to Both Money Bombs, the big sign and this. I'll be ready to donate again next month! Anyone out there that can help get some funds rolling for tommorow on this please help out! Lots of small donations (or big) add up quick.

asurfaholic
09-21-2011, 06:16 PM
I don't know if this is any use..

Support National Defense, NOT Global Empire Warmongering -Ron Paul 2012

Kodaddy
09-21-2011, 06:24 PM
+$10....You had an idea and ran with it...I like it...I like most of the suggestions from the 'sign suggestion thread'...Go for it!

lucky_bg
09-21-2011, 06:25 PM
391.12$ - 13%

XTreat
09-21-2011, 06:36 PM
donated.

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2011, 06:47 PM
donated.

Thank you!

Hay just talked to him again and his wife is out of action w/ a 14 month old. Can we get someone on the ground Thursday to take some footage for a YouTube?

lucky_bg
09-21-2011, 07:18 PM
401.12$

lucky_bg
09-21-2011, 07:39 PM
446.12$ - 14%

Please upvote this at DailyPaul. A lot of great comments there.

http://www.dailypaul.com/179624/paul-over-orlando-skyspot-advertizing

lucky_bg
09-21-2011, 08:01 PM
479.12$ - 15%

lucky_bg
09-21-2011, 08:09 PM
514,12% - 17%

It accelerates... :D

IRONCLAD
09-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Why?

What's the point?

What is the objective?

Wow, way to bring the party to a stand still. If it can get just one person to notice "who is Ron Paul", then it did it's job.... plus, it's getting the word out.

IRONCLAD
09-21-2011, 08:21 PM
I havn't check your support for Ron Paul. So what are you doing for him other then being here and posting nonsense. At least the one who started this thread has an idea. I love it and now you and you alone just got me to donate to this idea. So, see it does work.

IRONCLAD
09-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Why?

What's the point?

What is the objective?

I'm glad you were a stick in the mud, you just got me to donate to this... I love the idea and it's far better then any thing you came up with,(unless I missed something you are doing for the campaign).

You just made a payment of

$10.00 USD

Paid to

[EDIT] - e-mail posted by mistake.

lucky_bg
09-21-2011, 08:35 PM
589.12$ - 19%

Hey Zanz, can You, please, piss off some others - we are still kinda short. :p

parocks
09-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Wow, way to bring the party to a stand still. If it can get just one person to notice "who is Ron Paul", then it did it's job.... plus, it's getting the word out.

And it's been weeks since Ron Paul Supporters have done anything to make typical people think that Ron Paul Supporters are weird, or annoying, or overzealous, or engage in pointless activity. And flying a plane around to promote something months in advance says crazy and overzealous. Unless you're in the gasoline business, you aren't going to like this.

I can't help but notice that gasoline is the one thing everyone wants to chip in for. I need money for gasoline to get me from point A to point B. I need gasoline to fly a plane around. Gasoline has gotten very expensive. Habits were formed when gasoline was cheaper and it might be good to figure out how to achieve the same objective in a $4 a gallon gas world.

lucky_bg
09-21-2011, 08:50 PM
629.12$ - 20%

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2011, 08:51 PM
$724 w00t! - keep those donations coming!

lucky_bg
09-21-2011, 09:12 PM
794$ - 26%

Jack Daw
09-21-2011, 09:34 PM
15 more people with 30 bucks puts this plane in the air tomorrow! We are almost there!

...and if it doesn't fly you get your money back. That's cool.

We can make a big statement early in the race of who the people's front runner is...

Landslides they can't fix. We have to go big and keep going big. With dynamic messaging I think this could be great!
Let's do this guys!

"WHY DO TROOPS PREFER RON PAUL?"
"YOU CAN TRUST RON PAUL"
"RON PAUL WILL END THE WARS."

http://www.dailypaul.com/179624/paul-over-orlando-skyspot-advertizing#comments

tangent4ronpaul
09-22-2011, 12:00 AM
Blimp!

Crickett
09-22-2011, 12:02 AM
No, not hardly.

It is advertising! Like a mini blimp! It is great and I donated. I think it is a lot of money for the thing, but not a lot for the sizzle..:)

Crickett
09-22-2011, 12:06 AM
GO AWAY TROLL!

I do not think you should order anyone away, tangent. Not everyone has to agree with YOU, either, u know. There were a bunch of people who did not like the blimp at ALL. I did, and I like this, but not sure if I like YOU.

tangent4ronpaul
09-22-2011, 12:30 AM
I do not think you should order anyone away, tangent. Not everyone has to agree with YOU, either, u know. There were a bunch of people who did not like the blimp at ALL. I did, and I like this, but not sure if I like YOU.

Anyone that consistently attacks grassroots projects and tries to derail them is a TROLL - Hello Matt Collins - under your several names on this forum! He works for the official campaign and is a thorn in the grassroots side!

I have no apologies!

This isn't the first project he's tried to sabotage.

-t

lucky_bg
09-22-2011, 04:40 AM
I knew he is Napoleon's Shadow, but he is Matt Colins, too?! :eek:

lucky_bg
09-22-2011, 04:58 AM
1.009,24$ - 33%

parocks
09-22-2011, 05:20 AM
Anyone that consistently attacks grassroots projects and tries to derail them is a TROLL - Hello Matt Collins - under your several names on this forum! He works for the official campaign and is a thorn in the grassroots side!

I have no apologies!

This isn't the first project he's tried to sabotage.

-t

You really should rethink your argument that anyone who works for the official campaign is a TROLL.

Normal Ron Paul supporters are going to think that the right thing to do is to listen to the official campaign.

lucky_bg
09-22-2011, 05:33 AM
It is advertising! Like a mini blimp! It is great and I donated. I think it is a lot of money for the thing, but not a lot for the sizzle..:)

Exactly my opinion. It seems a little bit pricey, but nevertheless I think it is worth effort.

The thing that makes me sad is that Glen Bradley's Constitution Day moneybomb amount was under 3K, and it seems we can collect 3K for this little stunt in two days pretty easy. :(

Oddone
09-22-2011, 05:37 AM
To many debbie downers around here. Just let people show their love for Liberty and Ron Paul in their own way. It doesn't hurt anyone and you can keep your negative comments to your selfs. I think it has already been said but.. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

lucky_bg
09-22-2011, 06:14 AM
1,409.24$ - 46% :)

lucky_bg
09-22-2011, 07:29 AM
1.501,24$ - 50% Halfway to the goal! ;)

speciallyblend
09-22-2011, 07:52 AM
people who make multiple ids on rpf make rpf lose credibility. Only assholes make multiple ids and try to act like someone else! It makes you lose credibility and rpf lose credibilty. so f off!!

lucky_bg
09-22-2011, 08:00 AM
1,601$ - 53%

speciallyblend
09-22-2011, 08:00 AM
1.501,24$ - 50% Halfway to the goal! ;)

does this mean the plane goes up for the first day? i get paid tomorrow so i should be able to chipin 20 for this, 20 for ron paul and 5-10 to glen

speciallyblend
09-22-2011, 08:04 AM
To many debbie downers around here. Just let people show their love for Liberty and Ron Paul in their own way. It doesn't hurt anyone and you can keep your negative comments to your selfs. I think it has already been said but.. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

debbie downers are basically rp trolls with a stick up their ass!

lucky_bg
09-22-2011, 08:06 AM
does this mean the plane goes up for the first day? i get paid tomorrow so i should be able to chipin 20 for this, 20 for ron paul and 5-10 to glen

Yes, plane goes up for the first day. It's done. We yet need to agree on slogans and messages that would be displayed, and to make sure there will be someone with good camera to record it.

Anybody from Orlando with camera here?

Edit: We will reach 3K before debate starts tonight, I promise You, and you can donate 30 bucks to Glen tomorow. ;)

lucky_bg
09-22-2011, 09:09 AM
1,646$ - 54%

Oddone
09-22-2011, 09:10 AM
Tangent! Whats the word from Robert on today?

lucky_bg
09-22-2011, 09:38 AM
1,681$ - 56%

tangent4ronpaul
09-22-2011, 09:53 AM
Tangent! Whats the word from Robert on today?

He's going to be in the air!

parocks
09-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Yes, plane goes up for the first day. It's done. We yet need to agree on slogans and messages that would be displayed, and to make sure there will be someone with good camera to record it.

Anybody from Orlando with camera here?

Edit: We will reach 3K before debate starts tonight, I promise You, and you can donate 30 bucks to Glen tomorow. ;)

Tangent - the dude on the earlier script thread was from Orlando. He was talking about shooting B roll with it. He's the one I was fighting with about image quality.
I'll go try to find that info.

PastaRocket848

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?316499-Ron-Paul-quot-infomercial-quot
I have an audio guy. I used to shoot local news but not so much anymore. My wife is a photog and has a 60D that shoots killer video,
lights, etc. so, if you need an interview or something shot in Orlando I could help, aside from that I'm not very creative lol.

lucky_bg
09-22-2011, 10:29 AM
1,781$ - 59%

Shame he can't put some speakers on the plane, and blast Aimee Allen Revolution to wake up Florida. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiKh9Ko3mw4

rp713
09-22-2011, 10:40 AM
good idea. will catch the eyes of people going to the debate and straw poll. im all for grassroots sponsored ad and marketing ideas.

PastaRocket848
09-22-2011, 10:48 AM
pasta here... you called?

i do have camera gear and what not and will probably try to get some shots, however i'll be with gage who is far more qualified to do so and will probably be getting them as well. i gotta pick him up at the airport at 8:30ish so if it's before then i can try to get them myself.

parocks
09-22-2011, 10:48 AM
The slogans on the plane are the titles of the segments of the TV show. Some synergy there Tangent.

parocks
09-22-2011, 10:49 AM

Someone would like footage of the plane flying in Orlando today.

PastaRocket848
09-22-2011, 10:50 AM
edited my previous post once i realized what you were talking about. do you know exactly when and where he will be doing his thing?

lucky_bg
09-22-2011, 10:51 AM

i do have camera gear and what not and will probably try to get some shots, however i'll be with gage who is far more qualified to do so and will probably be getting them as well. i gotta pick him up at the airport at 8:30ish so if it's before then i can try to get them myself.

If You will be there with a good camera, we need good and long video about this. With audio if there will be some sign waving or something like that with Ron's supporters on the ground.

parocks
09-22-2011, 10:51 AM
script:

1) video of slogan on plane
2) host talking for a bit
3) either an interview or a produced segment

PastaRocket848
09-22-2011, 10:52 AM
where are they going to be? and what time? i have to pick gage up around 8:30 at oia. if it's do-able i can certainly head down there before i pick him up (i dont imagine he'll be flying after dark)

Oddone
09-22-2011, 10:55 AM
The plane will be there between 8PM and 9PM. Friday they will be there from 9PM to 10PM from what the first post in this thread says.

parocks
09-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Some Slogans:

Ron Paul Is The One
Ron Paul Restore America Now
Ron Paul End The Wars
Ron Paul End The Fed
Reagan and Paul The 2 Rons
Ron Paul Tea Party Founder
Ron Paul A Veteran For Veterans
Ron Paul For The Children
Ron Paul Delivered 4000 Babies
Ron Paul Live Free
Ron Paul Limited Constitutional Government
Ron Paul Champion Of The Constitution

PastaRocket848
09-22-2011, 10:57 AM
well tonight is probably no good then... i'll be at the airport at that time. tomorrow, however, is a sure bet.

parocks
09-22-2011, 11:01 AM
where are they going to be? and what time? i have to pick gage up around 8:30 at oia. if it's do-able i can certainly head down there before i pick him up (i dont imagine he'll be flying after dark)

Here's where PastaRocket848 is right and I'm wrong about the capabilities of certain cameras. Cheap point and shoot cameras will not be able to shoot at night. With a point and shoot, I would've been unprepared to shoot at night.

tangent4ronpaul
09-22-2011, 11:01 AM
I messed up the pilots name - it's Roger

We are a GO for tonight! And as the chipin exceeded the one day fee, we will probably fly on Sat too! - keep those donations coming!

Talked to Roger early and the weather is a bit dicy in FL today. It should clear up later in the evening. Does anyone know what time the debate lets out? That will probably be our sweet spot.

slogans contributed so far: (keep them coming!)
"More donations from active duty military then all other participants in tonight debate combined"
"More donations from active duty military then Comander in chief Barack Obama"
"YOU CAN TRUST RON PAUL"
"OUR TROOPS SUPPORT PAUL'S POLICY OF PEACE"
"RON PAUL WILL END THE WAR."
"YOU CAN TRUST RON PAUL"
"You can trust Ron Paul."
"Ron Paul - Principled, not power-hungry."
Ramen noodles 4 Paul - Y do people donate their food money 2 Paul google Ron Paul & U will 2 <== run this one several times!

rp713
09-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Vote for the Constitution - Vote for Ron Paul
Ron Paul - The Peace President
RonPaul2012.com

tangent4ronpaul
09-22-2011, 11:11 AM

Watch the end of the vid - he is most effective after dark.

orenbus
09-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Believe in America - Vote Ron Paul

lucky_bg
09-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Debate starts at 9. So, between 8 and 9 all candidates will be arriving and all news crews will be on the ground to meet them and to take statements, predictions, etc... Just like it was at CnnTeaParty debate. Also, between 8 and 9 audience will be arriving, too. So it's great time to have plane in the air, attracting atention from all on the ground.

tangent4ronpaul
09-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Some Slogans:

Ron Paul Is The One
Ron Paul Restore America Now
Ron Paul End The Wars
Ron Paul End The Fed
Reagan and Paul The 2 Rons
Ron Paul Tea Party Founder
Ron Paul A Veteran For Veterans
Ron Paul For The Children
Ron Paul Delivered 4000 Babies
Ron Paul Live Free
Ron Paul Limited Constitutional Government
Ron Paul Champion Of The Constitution

bit late - these probably won't run till Saturday.

parocks
09-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Watch the end of the vid - he is most effective after dark.

I looked and did see that the lights are more visible under dark conditions. However, issues surrounding video noise might arise. pasta would know better.

Have you checked out the "use the plane footage in the tv show" idea?

PastaRocket848
09-22-2011, 11:27 AM
The 60d can capture low light very well. I would imagine lights on a dark sky would probably result in you not being able to see much besides the actual lit up message though. No need for high ISO or the noise that comes with it, it's just a matter of trying to open it up enough to see the plane without blowing out the lights. I'll do my best tomorrow night, or even tonight if I can find the time (OIA and the convention center are fairly close to one another).

lucky_bg
09-22-2011, 11:27 AM
1,831$ - 61%

So, we still need someone with good camera for night recording for tonight. Any suggestions?

lucky_bg
09-22-2011, 11:33 AM
The 60d can capture low light very well. I would imagine lights on a dark sky would probably result in you not being able to see much besides the actual lit up message though. No need for high ISO or the noise that comes with it, it's just a matter of trying to open it up enough to see the plane without blowing out the lights. I'll do my best tomorrow night, or even tonight if I can find the time (OIA and the convention center are fairly close to one another).

+rep

It is worthwhile to make an effort about this and make a quality video. It would be very usefull later to energize others to donate to The end of the quarter push.

parocks
09-22-2011, 11:33 AM
If a camera person is needed, you might want a new thread. "Attending The Debate tonight? Bring your best video camera"

tangent4ronpaul
09-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Instructions to pilot:

Roger,

Weather permitting - the debate starts at 9pm, so flying between 8pm and 9pm would be ideal. But use your best judgement and put your own safety FIRST!

The debate lets out at 11pm so 11pm to midnight would be a good secondary target time.

If the weather is too dicey in both time windows, just park the aircraft and we can look at flying tomorrow.

The weather is supposed to be dicey in FL today but should clear up the later it gets - so we should fly.

tangent4ronpaul
09-22-2011, 11:37 AM
I looked and did see that the lights are more visible under dark conditions. However, issues surrounding video noise might arise. pasta would know better.

Have you checked out the "use the plane footage in the tv show" idea?

In this thread or another one?

lucky_bg
09-22-2011, 11:37 AM
If a camera person is needed, you might want a new thread. "Attending The Debate tonight? Bring your best video camera"

+rep Great idea. Making a couple of video recordings about this wouldn't harm. It would be easier to combine them and make great video about this grassroots effort later.

PastaRocket848
09-22-2011, 11:38 AM
the weather is looking pretty aweful here right now. it's got that "you're about to get soaked" look. luckily it's central fla so it'll probably rain for 20 minutes then be beautiful the rest of the night.

rnestam
09-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Instructions to pilot:

...The debate lets out at 11pm so 11pm to midnight would be a good secondary target time....

...earlier, no? that thing should be in the air as much as possible before they pack up the gear...So good if this thing gets some national play, can't wait for tonight....

parocks
09-22-2011, 11:54 AM
In this thread or another one?

this. just the "titles" idea. the tv show divided into segment. each segment is introduced by the title graphic of the segment which is appearing on the plane.

"Ron Paul End The War" appearing on the plane in Orlando leads to Vince Vaughan standing next to Alexa and introducing the segment about End The War. Point being - the graphics provide design continuity, flow, what have you.

So, Tangent, if you have ideas that you like the most for segments, from this thread, other threads or whatever, you might want to find the slogan / segment title and put them up on the plane. Match a segment idea from the TV show thread with a slogan idea from the plane thread

lucky_bg
09-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Between 8 and 9 would be great. It would energize audience for Ron. 11 to 12 would be waste of good money, pretty much. Especialy if weather is bad. If it is not possible to fly between 8 and 9, I think it would be better to skip today and fly two hours tommorow. Once during day time (lets say at noon), and once in the evening. Straw poll is VERY important, too.

tangent4ronpaul
09-22-2011, 11:58 AM
this. just the "titles" idea. the tv show divided into segment. each segment is introduced by the title graphic of the segment which is appearing on the plane.

"Ron Paul End The War" appearing on the plane in Orlando leads to Vince Vaughan standing next to Alexa and introducing the segment about End The War. Point being - the graphics provide design continuity, flow, what have you.

So, Tangent, if you have ideas that you like the most for segments, from this thread, other threads or whatever, you might want to find the slogan / segment title and put them up on the plane. Match a segment idea from the TV show thread with a slogan idea from the plane thread

Good Idea!

tangent4ronpaul
09-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Between 8 and 9 would be great. It would energize audience for Ron. 11 to 12 would be waste of good money, pretty much. Especialy if weather is bad. If it is not possible to fly between 8 and 9, I think it would be better to skip today and fly two hours tommorow. Once during day time (lets say at noon), and once in the evening. Straw poll is VERY important, too.

I thought the straw poll was Saturday??? Can someone confirm?

Based on something someone said I told the pilot to move second flight to Saturday.

speciallyblend
09-22-2011, 12:02 PM
...earlier, no? that thing should be in the air as much as possible before they pack up the gear...So good if this thing gets some national play, can't wait for tonight....

for about 100-150, you can have a press release automatically to all local,state and national and international if you like, look at prnews but there are several!!! It pays for itself in coverage by media sources alone!

lucky_bg
09-22-2011, 12:06 PM
I thought the straw poll was Saturday??? Can someone confirm?

Based on something someone said I told the pilot to move second flight to Saturday.

I think you are right. My mistake.

tangent4ronpaul
09-22-2011, 12:26 PM
for about 100-150, you can have a press release automatically to all local,state and national and international if you like, look at prnews but there are several!!! It pays for itself in coverage by media sources alone!

Yeah it looks like there are a bunch of them. Which one will get the message out to actual media outlets?

I've never written a press release, but I would think something like:

Weather permitting, the Ron Paul Air Force will control the airspace over tonight's presidential debate in Orlando Florida. Look for us! You will get some great footage!

peeps - please tweet that! And send to Orlando media outlets.

other suggestions?

-t

Kodaddy
09-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Instead of "control the airspace", maybe "patrol the airspace"....seems a little less authoritative....

Kodaddy
09-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Tonight's weather forecast...

Through 8pm: Showers and thunderstorms becoming scattered by 4pm. Storms should end by late afternoon. Cloudy with temperatures slowly falling to near 80F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Partly to mostly cloudy skies with scattered thunderstorms during the evening. Humid. Low near 75F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

lucky_bg
09-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Tonight's weather forecast...

Through 8pm: Showers and thunderstorms becoming scattered by 4pm. Storms should end by late afternoon. Cloudy with temperatures slowly falling to near 80F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Partly to mostly cloudy skies with scattered thunderstorms during the evening. Humid. Low near 75F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

For all who doubted price for these flights - if this guy Roger decide to fly tonight in this $hity weather, it would make it worth every single cent!

PastaRocket848
09-22-2011, 01:19 PM
i'm looking out the window right now and it isn't looking very good...

lucky_bg
09-22-2011, 01:20 PM
1,886$ - 62%

lucky_bg
09-22-2011, 02:32 PM
1,900$ - 63%

moreliberty
09-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Good luck guys, tapped out for this week or would help for sure. Hope to see alot more idea's like this out there. As for all the negetive people, perhaps they are here for different reasons that most of us are, trolling, as they call it, has become quite popular among certain people. Don't let it get you down, the #'s of supporters will swell soon, i can feel it. Most of the vids from 2007 were much later in the season than we currently are. Have hope.

Jack Daw
09-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Here's the schedule:

http://www.wakeup1776.com/2011/09/florida-presidency-5-schedule.html

http://www.dailypaul.com/179539/presidency-5-unofficial-schedule

Flying tonight between 8-9 would be ideal. Someone suggested flying at noon tomorrow; you can't see the lights at noon. Tomorrow their day ends early at 2:30pm... so I like the idea of the second flight on Saturday. Is the idea to fly on Saturday before the straw poll? It ends at 6pm, so is it 5pm-6pm? Is it dark enough? If not, is Friday night better, when its most dynamic, even though the attendees' day ended @ 2:30pm? Ideally, Saturday before the straw poll would be great, I'm just worried it won't be dark enough, early enough, to make an impact. I'm sure you guys will make the right choice.

I can't wait to see the footage. As I posted earlier, film everything. Before and after, in the car, everything. Lots of YT's will be made. It'll be great promotional stuff for the gROOTS.

Lastly, remember with the messaging we are representing Dr. Paul and the Liberty Movement. Represent well.

Oddone
09-22-2011, 03:53 PM
According to the schedule the doors to get into the debate and take a seat CLOSE at 8:30.. Would it be better to fly 7:30-8:30?

Jack Daw
09-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Great Question. Though, it's probably a little late to change plans tonight. We'll be good either way.

I noticed someone said the chipin has stopped updating, questioning if we've already met the $3,000 goal.

Someone should look into that.

Razmear
09-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Great Question. Though, it's probably a little late to change plans tonight. We'll be good either way.

I noticed someone said the chipin has stopped updating, questioning if we've already met the $3,000 goal.

Someone should look into that.

Strange, the chipin shows $1601 on my /cic page, latest post says $1900 or so. Maybe a glitch, maybe off chipin donations?

eb

edit:
The chipin on the /cic page has an end date of 9/23 while the one on the chipin page ends 9/24. I just replaced the code directly from the chipin page but it still won't update on my site. Not sure what the issue is.

angelatc
09-22-2011, 04:30 PM
You really should rethink your argument that anyone who works for the official campaign is a TROLL.

Normal Ron Paul supporters are going to think that the right thing to do is to listen to the official campaign.

If the official campaign wanted to weigh in, it would be absolutely spineless and pathetic to use a sock puppet to do it. It's prefectly fair to define such behavior as trolling. Heck, Matt Colllins has posted his familiarity with FUD so many times even I've seen it.

If we found out that any other candidate was using donated money to plant paid trolls in message boards with the intent to disrupt discussions that were trending in a manner the campaign didn't approve of, we'd rake that candidate's asses over the coals.

lucky_bg
09-22-2011, 04:30 PM
It's at 1910$ right now. Every time I want to check it I have to clear browsing history

angelatc
09-22-2011, 04:40 PM
Well, that's enough for one night, right?

tangent4ronpaul
09-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Tonight is paid for - it's a GO! Sat is the question - and we have 2 days to raise the extra money

The guy has been paid for tonight and weather permitting is into it!

WE ARE A GO!

tangent4ronpaul
09-22-2011, 05:22 PM
If the official campaign wanted to weigh in, it would be absolutely spineless and pathetic to use a sock puppet to do it. It's prefectly fair to define such behavior as trolling. Heck, Matt Colllins has posted his familiarity with FUD so many times even I've seen it.

If we found out that any other candidate was using donated money to plant paid trolls in message boards with the intent to disrupt discussions that were trending in a manner the campaign didn't approve of, we'd rake that candidate's asses over the coals.

Matt Collins - YOU SUCK! - GO AWAY!

angelatc
09-22-2011, 05:24 PM
I messed up the pilots name - it's Roger

We are a GO for tonight! And as the chipin exceeded the one day fee, we will probably fly on Sat too! - keep those donations coming!

Talked to Roger early and the weather is a bit dicy in FL today. It should clear up later in the evening. Does anyone know what time the debate lets out? That will probably be our sweet spot.

slogans contributed so far: (keep them coming!)
"More donations from active duty military then all other participants in tonight debate combined"
"More donations from active duty military then Comander in chief Barack Obama"
"YOU CAN TRUST RON PAUL"
"OUR TROOPS SUPPORT PAUL'S POLICY OF PEACE"
"RON PAUL WILL END THE WAR."
"YOU CAN TRUST RON PAUL"
"You can trust Ron Paul."
"Ron Paul - Principled, not power-hungry."
Ramen noodles 4 Paul - Y do people donate their food money 2 Paul google Ron Paul & U will 2 <== run this one several times!

Ron Paul Speaks Truth.

tangent4ronpaul
09-22-2011, 05:45 PM
I was just on the phone w/ our pilot - we ars sooo totally a GO for tonight! - LETS ROCK! - despite the slightly drissley weather!

Steve-in-NY
09-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Im gonna need video/pics

tangent4ronpaul
09-22-2011, 08:34 PM
I just talked to Roger - he just landed. Weather was lousy! He scroller our messages. The bye, bye IRS and Whhat was that other really ood one... scrolled many times. The I could be dropping bombs on you one scared him - so did not scroll.

wWe flew - anyone got film?

IRONCLAD
09-22-2011, 09:04 PM
And it's been weeks since Ron Paul Supporters have done anything to make typical people think that Ron Paul Supporters are weird, or annoying, or overzealous, or engage in pointless activity. And flying a plane around to promote something months in advance says crazy and overzealous. Unless you're in the gasoline business, you aren't going to like this.

I can't help but notice that gasoline is the one thing everyone wants to chip in for. I need money for gasoline to get me from point A to point B. I need gasoline to fly a plane around. Gasoline has gotten very expensive. Habits were formed when gasoline was cheaper and it might be good to figure out how to achieve the same objective in a $4 a gallon gas world.

then don't donate.

IRONCLAD
09-22-2011, 09:08 PM
debbie downers are basically rp trolls with a stick up their ass!

Awesome.... debbie downers...LOL

speciallyblend
09-22-2011, 09:10 PM
i cannot wait for pics ,make sure you make a new thread with video and pics on this plane

IRONCLAD
09-22-2011, 09:15 PM
I can't wait for the pics and video's.

trey4sports
09-22-2011, 10:55 PM
pics?

Jack Daw
09-23-2011, 12:34 AM
Tangent, Do you have any pics? Many supporters who donated are eager to see what they contributed to.

Bruno
09-23-2011, 12:38 AM
Pics or it didn't happen.

rp713
09-23-2011, 01:47 AM
they're prob asleep. give it till noon to start complaining bout pics and vids.

Esoteric
09-23-2011, 01:54 AM
Poidh

rp713
09-23-2011, 08:58 AM
bump. so whats goin on with the pics and vids on this??

tangent4ronpaul
09-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Tangent, Do you have any pics? Many supporters who donated are eager to see what they contributed to.

I'm anxious to see pics too - I don't live in FL so couldn't take any myself. pastarocket said he was planning to take some film but was pocking up gage so that might have conflicted.

Hopefully someone got some film

angelatc
09-23-2011, 09:25 AM

In 2007 and 2008, the only thing that the other candidates admired about Ron Paul was his supporters. HIllary Clinton looked Ron Paul square in the eye and literally gushed over our enthusiam. Countless interviews with lesser politicains produced observations like "That's what I want. I want people who are excited enough about me to go hang signs off of bridges and stand on corners in blizzards to wave my signs."

Those things are fun. They're great morale builders, and they channel the energy of the youth who simply aren't going to bend over and put out just because the confirmed campaign trolls, aggressively quashing any independent though while raking in their cash this time out., tell them not.

And by the way, snidely demeaning the activism of long time supporters isn't a great strategy for building long term support, either. If you don't like what we did back them, then stop asking us for money now. We're not your whores, and it isn't your money. You're not entitled to it just because your paycheck depends on it.

IMHO, trying to suck the money out of the supporters while simultaneously trying to suck the life out of the Revolution will make these forums absofuckinlutely irrevelant after the campaign ends. Of course, since the site owners are smugly supporting this bullshit sock puppet trolling by a paid campaign member who we're not allowed to name under threats of getting of a ban, it apparently won't be the huge loss I once thought it would be.

This is the same crap that Netflix just pulled - tossing the original customers overboard in order to try to please the bigger dogs. eBay also made the same mistake. Not dancing with the ones that brung ya never seems to work out very well.

FUD ftw, dude.

angelatc
09-23-2011, 09:36 AM
I'm anxious to see pics too - I don't live in FL so couldn't take any myself. pastarocket said he was planning to take some film but was pocking up gage so that might have conflicted.

Hopefully someone got some film

Yes, pictures would help promote the next round of non-campaign approved fundraising, too.

PastaRocket848
09-23-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm at cpac now. Is he going to be flying this afternoon or evening?

tangent4ronpaul
09-23-2011, 10:08 AM
I'm at cpac now. Is he going to be flying this afternoon or evening?

We were planning on flying Saturday - that's the straw poll - right? However, we are still about $1,000 short in the chipin.

I guess this means you didn't get any footage...

PastaRocket848
09-23-2011, 10:48 AM
No as I stated yesterday I was picking gage up @ the airport at that time. I caught a glimpse of it while I was driving but was too far away.... And driving lol.

parocks
09-23-2011, 11:20 AM
In 2007 and 2008, the only thing that the other candidates admired about Ron Paul was his supporters. HIllary Clinton looked Ron Paul square in the eye and literally gushed over our enthusiam. Countless interviews with lesser politicains produced observations like "That's what I want. I want people who are excited enough about me to go hang signs off of bridges and stand on corners in blizzards to wave my signs."

Those things are fun. They're great morale builders, and they channel the energy of the youth who simply aren't going to bend over and put out just because the confirmed campaign trolls, aggressively quashing any independent though while raking in their cash this time out., tell them not.

And by the way, snidely demeaning the activism of long time supporters isn't a great strategy for building long term support, either. If you don't like what we did back them, then stop asking us for money now. We're not your whores, and it isn't your money. You're not entitled to it just because your paycheck depends on it.

IMHO, trying to suck the money out of the supporters while simultaneously trying to suck the life out of the Revolution will make these forums absofuckinlutely irrevelant after the campaign ends. Of course, since the site owners are smugly supporting this bullshit sock puppet trolling by a paid campaign member who we're not allowed to name under threats of getting of a ban, it apparently won't be the huge loss I once thought it would be.

This is the same crap that Netflix just pulled - tossing the original customers overboard in order to try to please the bigger dogs. eBay also made the same mistake. Not dancing with the ones that brung ya never seems to work out very well.

FUD ftw, dude.

You seem to think there's no difference between a good grassroots idea and a bad grassroots idea.

When I saw this particular project was a go, I went on other threads to plead with people to make this worthwhile by bringing a video camera.

Pasta might or might not have been able to accomplish video, although he was already committed to transportation for Gage.

The grassroots does need to do projects. But there's a difference between a bad project and a good project.

And you're saying that I've been asking for money. Where is that?

One of my arguments is that there are way too many people asking for money.

And no accountability whatsoever. I guess the only thing that matters is if you recommend that people give money to someone elses project, they'll recommend yours.

Doesn't matter how terrible the project.

give give give give give. And they're reciprocate with give give give give.

Everybody "wins". They get the money they want.

We have the advantage in grassroots enthusiasm. And we can best use that if we actually add the step of "is this a good thing?"

But there are some who are militant that all ideas are equally good. It's not the case at all. I do support good ideas. I try to make marginal projects into worthy projects.

I'd like you to go find where I was wrong.

People who are wrong, over and over again, don't seem to be held accountable. Do you have evidence that I'm wrong?

Or just that I'm "negative", and "negative" is bad.

Anybody who just wants money can just come up here with 50 words explaining their project, and then bump their thread over and over until they get money.

Anybody who just wants to hurt Ron Paul, to derail Ron Paul, can just come here with a stupid idea and try to sell it.

And you don't care if someone is trying to do that. You're trying to talk down any reasonable person who thinks certain ideas are just bad, or poorly implemented, weren't started in time to be worthwhile, etc.

Jack Daw
09-23-2011, 11:38 AM
Things could have been more clear.

parocks
09-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Why?

What's the point?

What is the objective?

Apparently, nothing.

We learned that the grassroots is mightly enough to shout down people who point out the clear flaws in ideas.

In fact, pointing out the uselessness of ideas eggs the grassroots on.

But Tangents buddy got $1500 to fly a tiny plane for 2 hours. No video. Because there was no way to predict that there would be a debate in Orlando yesterday.

Grassroots likes stupid and impulsive. Planning, not so much.

I'm sorry, spending $1500 on less than $150 dollars of gas and getting no video sounds like a FAILURE.

But hey, we like failed projects. And don't let failing over and over again stop you from asking for money all the time, because grassroots can't be bothered to check whether you have a history of failed projects.

RP08orbust doesn't fail. And if the project is 95% successful, he'd bumming about the 5% that keeps it from perfect.
Shemdogg, JustinPageWood, all have smart projects that succeed. And others too.

How about this.

Whenever there's an event, organize.

Values Voter is coming up.

Everyone should be talking to each other who is planning to go. Or there should be something. Everyone bring a video camera, because we might have to squeeze value from another $1500 shit idea.

lucky_bg
09-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Wait people, don't jump to conclusions. Let's see if anyone made a video of it.

tangent4ronpaul
09-23-2011, 12:10 PM
No as I stated yesterday I was picking gage up @ the airport at that time. I caught a glimpse of it while I was driving but was too far away.... And driving lol.

And I talked to the pilot right after he landed.

It flew!

I'm just as disapointed that no footage has materialized so far as the rest of you are. I and others asked people to bring camera's so we could have a YouTube. I asked in this thread, in another thread here, on Daily Paul and on Facebook.

How many supporters did we have at the debate last night? Why is it my fault that everyone there thought someone else was going to film it?

And, again - we don't know that no one did film it and just hasn't posted it yet.

We can also get him airborn on Saturday and make sure someone films then.

-t

parocks
09-23-2011, 12:15 PM
The fact that you have no ability to defend your idea, or that you are unwilling to do so, is showing people that it may not be a good idea. And you doing nothing but hurling insults is not helping them to think you're a rational individual either.

When Tangent was insulting you on Wednesday, he should've been lining up someone to video this event. As it turned out, so far, no video has surfaced.

If Tangent was paying attention, he could've recognized, on Wednesday, that video was needed. As it turned out, he realized video was needed on Thursday, the day of the event. If Tangent was paying attention, he would've known that Pasta was from Orlando, and had the quality video cameras necessary to shoot. Tangent would have known this, because, on Tangent's own thread (about infomercial), Pasta mentioned this. I remembered that Pasta was from Orlando, and did a shout out to Pasta. Pasta had a previous committment to pick Gage up at the airport and was unable to do this on Thursday.

Of course, if we had organization, we could've sent someone else to pick Gage up at the airport and Pasta could've shot the footage. The lack of organization is not anyones fault. Obviously Pasta was right to honor his committment to Gage.

Of course, it would've been better to have footage of the $1500 event, and Gage could've gotten cab fare, added to the chipin for Gages hotel. But that would've been something that was discussed long in advance.

tangent4ronpaul
09-23-2011, 12:20 PM
You just sent a payment
Transaction ID: 575362873E136351W

Hello xxxxxxx xxxxxxx,
Thanks for using PayPal. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Description Unit price Qty Amount
1 Hour Flight-Advertising @ Convention Center in Orlando, FL $1,500.00 1 $1,500.00
Subtotal $1,500.00
Shipping and handling $45.00
Total $1,545.00 USD
Payment $1,545.00 USD
Payment sent to Michelle Caram-Andruet

====

He has not been paid for Saturday yet and we still need to raise funds to make that happen.

PastaRocket848
09-23-2011, 12:25 PM
It happened. I saw it with my own two eyes.

tangent4ronpaul
09-23-2011, 12:30 PM
We got message out even if no one filmed it a lot of people saw it. That's not a failed project.

We can also get it in the air again on Saturday and make sure someone films it then.

And yes, I know Pasta is from Orlando and had offered to film if it didn't conflict with picking Guage up. What time he flew depended on the weather so a call went out for others to film it in case the time conflicted.

-t

PastaRocket848
09-23-2011, 12:39 PM
I'll be there Saturday to get video. What time?

tangent4ronpaul
09-23-2011, 12:51 PM
I'll be there Saturday to get video. What time?

Two factors here What time is the straw poll and when will people be going in/getting out?

The weather.

I'm going to PM you Roger's phone number so you can coordinate with him.

We still need to fill out the chip-in, though. Please donate.

-t

parocks
09-23-2011, 12:55 PM
@ Tangent

So since you don't live in FL, you took the money and did what with it? We rallied to give you money and you can't even produce evidence of the flight... and at a high media event? That doesn't make sense. It's hard to believe that you would be that irresponsible to take everyones money and not even have the consideration to take a damn picture, or have Roger take a picture.

Personally, at this point, I don't think you deserve another dime.

TROLL.

Holding someone accountable.

How dare you.

</s>

that's the sarcasm tag by the way.

Hey, if it costs $1500 to inform 1 person, it's worth it. </s>

parocks
09-23-2011, 12:57 PM
Two factors here What time is the straw poll and when will people be going in/getting out?

The weather.

I'm going to PM you Roger's phone number so you can coordinate with him.

We still need to fill out the chip-in, though. Please donate.

-t

There is no way it cost $1500 to fly a small plane around for 2 hours.

If this guy is a Ron Paul supporter, which you say he is, we're done contributing money, and he flies tomorrow.

tangent4ronpaul
09-23-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm not arguing with what the pilot wants to fly.

The video in the OP is from 2007 when I did the same thing (a chipin) and used the same pilot. Pasta has stated he saw it and I posted my payment receipt.

It flew!

it's still possible someone will post a video after work tonight, but if we want a video we are just going to have to get him in the air again on Saturday.

Roger's wife took the video in 2007 but is caring for a 14 month old, so can't this time. I asked.

-t

parocks
09-23-2011, 01:28 PM
And I talked to the pilot right after he landed.

It flew!

I'm just as disapointed that no footage has materialized so far as the rest of you are. I and others asked people to bring camera's so we could have a YouTube. I asked in this thread, in another thread here, on Daily Paul and on Facebook.

How many supporters did we have at the debate last night? Why is it my fault that everyone there thought someone else was going to film it?

And, again - we don't know that no one did film it and just hasn't posted it yet.

We can also get him airborn on Saturday and make sure someone films then.

-t

You seem to be very impressed by the fact that you paid what looks to be around full price for something, and a business did what they were supposed to do.

Since you came up with the idea, what, 2 days ago, no one who was there knew it was going to happen, and no one who was there prepared to video it.

So, if you do something that costs $1500, you damn well better make sure that it gets videoed, because the video of it brings value to it.

You think to yourself "might this be a waste of money, given that I can't lock down a video guy for it"?

Is this the best way to spend $1500? How many votes could this amount of money buy at the straw poll?

If you fly tomorrow, fly for the shortest amount of time possible. Just long enough for Pasta to get footage. I would argue this is a pointless waste of time, but, eh, whatever.

I have been calling and finding out prices. $600 an hour for daytime was quoted. You aren't getting any special Ron Paul deal. You're paying full price.

PastaRocket848
09-23-2011, 01:31 PM
what is it to you? if you don't want to contribute or help, don't. why is it so personal to you? you disagree. you don't have to agree. get over it (and yourself for that matter). the guy had an idea and made it happen. you'd do well to imitate him.

parocks
09-23-2011, 01:40 PM
More Ideas:

1) drowningkittens4ronpaul.com

I can pay a guy $1500, and he'll drown kittens while wearing a Ron Paul tshirt. We'll put it on youtube, and a lot of people will see it.

If you think it's a bad idea, you're a debbie downer or a TROLL.

Any other great ideas?

PastaRocket848
09-23-2011, 01:43 PM
ok.. go ahead and think it's a bad idea. voice your opinion. that's fine. it's 20 pages worth of your opinion later that it becomes disruptive and, frankly, pretty damn annoying.

AmberH
09-23-2011, 01:47 PM
More Ideas:

1) drowningkittens4ronpaul.com

I can pay a guy $1500, and he'll drown kittens while wearing a Ron Paul tshirt. We'll put it on youtube, and a lot of people will see it.

If you think it's a bad idea, you're a debbie downer or a TROLL.

Any other great ideas?

Have you created a chipin yet? Is 1,500 a special Ron Paul deal?

Bruno
09-23-2011, 01:50 PM
I think the idea is great, but the fee seems outrageous. Have you shopped around instead of using that same guy? Sounds like a very inflated price, considering you could fly to Europe and back for that price, and this is a few hours in a small plane.

For about $1500 someone posted you could wrap an entire bus in Des Moines and have it seen by tens of thousands for an entire month.

tangent4ronpaul
09-23-2011, 01:51 PM
$6-800 sounds about right for a banner tow of a single, static message. This isn't a banner tow.

The straw poll is from 4:30-6:00pm and is the last event. Sunset is at 7:20pm and his aircraft looks best after dark, so I kind of punted and asked if he could start at 7pm. The weather looks like it will cooperate.

-t

parocks
09-23-2011, 01:51 PM
ok.. go ahead and think it's a bad idea. voice your opinion. that's fine. it's 20 pages worth of your opinion later that it becomes disruptive and, frankly, pretty damn annoying.

Typing 20 pages of something that disrupts a moneywaste is a good thing, to me, although others obviously disagree.

You will find me 1) disrupting moneywastes and 2) helping on and defending projects that aren't moneywastes.

Blindly going forward on projects without fully discussing their merits might upset people who are incapable of defending themselves, but I really don't care, because that money that they spend on project 1 could is still there to be spent on a better project 2.

I have praised a good number of individuals and their projects. I am not against grassroots projects.

lucky_bg
09-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Look at Roger's web site. He have Ron's 2008 campaign under "Notable clients"

http://www.skyspotadvertising.com/default.html

And I think we should finish this. If we don't have video for first flight, that's reason more to have second flight and to make sure it is recorded. And it seems Pasta will be available this time.

Also, we collected 480$ for second flight, so to avoid returning that money, and deciding whom to return and whom not to, second flight is only option, IMHO.

On this thread almost half of all posts is mine. I tried to keep it on top for two whole days, wednesday, and thursday. I posted about this numerous times at Ron Paul and Ron Paul 2012 FB pages, as well as many other related FB pages. Without wanting to sound boastful, I liked idea, and tried to help as much as I could to see it realised.

Who don't trust me, just need to take a look at my posts on Ron Paul and Ron Paul 2012 FB pages for wednesday and thursday and all comments from people who liked idea and donated.

And I don't even live in States nor am I American citizen.

Also, I agreed with some people here who argued that this looks a little bit pricey, but my judgment was that potentional gain is worth it.

So, right now, let's not fight and let's finish this. Pasta have Roger's number so he can ask him if his flights costs this much for people he likes and supports how much is it for others. Or something like that. As a joke, ofcourse.

afwjam
09-23-2011, 01:54 PM
I hate to break it to you folks, my brother is a pilot. I have flown with him for two hours in a 172, it does not cost $1500. About $150 in gas, maybe $300-400 for a rental fee. Somebody is making plenty of money flying for 2 hours for $1500, they are not flying at cost.

tangent4ronpaul
09-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Have you created a chipin yet? Is 1,500 a special Ron Paul deal?

Yes, the chipin is here:

it's for 2 flights and $1,500 is supposed to be a discounted rate.

-t

PastaRocket848
09-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Typing 20 pages of something that disrupts a moneywaste is a good thing, to me, although others obviously disagree.

You will find me 1) disrupting moneywastes and 2) helping on and defending projects that aren't moneywastes.

Blindly going forward on projects without fully discussing their merits might upset people who are incapable of defending themselves, but I really don't care, because that money that they spend on project 1 could is still there to be spent on a better project 2.

I have praised a good number of individuals and their projects. I am not against grassroots projects.

but you forget that it's not your money. and you're opinion is one of thousands. and if you were a true supporter of the whole idea of individual liberty and freedom, you wouldn't spend so much time trying to direct others on how to spend their money. it's not your problem. it had absolutely no bearing on your life whatsoever if a couple people decide to chip in and do something you disagree with. just don't contribute, and voice your opinion, and get over it. just don't think that for some reason anyone else should give a damn what you think.

tangent4ronpaul
09-23-2011, 01:59 PM
I think the idea is great, but the fee seems outrageous. Have you shopped around instead of using that same guy? Sounds like a very inflated price, considering you could fly to Europe and back for that price, and this is a few hours in a small plane.

For about $1500 someone posted you could wrap an entire bus in Des Moines and have it seen by tens of thousands for an entire month.

It's a very special aircraft. It went over so well in 2007 that I went looking for others in other parts of the country. Found out there are only about 30 of them in the USA.

-t

afwjam
09-23-2011, 02:00 PM
It's a very special aircraft. It went over so well in 2007 that I went looking for others in other parts of the country. Found out there are only about 30 of them in the USA.

-t
Did he say he would do it for cost?

tangent4ronpaul
09-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Look at Roger's web site. He have Ron's 2008 campaign under "Notable clients"

http://www.skyspotadvertising.com/default.html

And I think we should finish this. If we don't have video for first flight, that's reason more to have second flight and to make sure it is recorded. And it seems Pasta will be available this time.

Also, we collected 480$ for second flight, so to avoid returning that money, and deciding whom to return and whom not to, second flight is only option, IMHO.

On this thread almost half of all posts is mine. I tried to keep it on top for two whole days, wednesday, and thursday. I posted about this numerous times at Ron Paul and Ron Paul 2012 FB pages, as well as many other related FB pages. Without wanting to sound boastful, I liked idea, and tried to help as much as I could to see it realised.

Who don't trust me, just need to take a look at my posts on Ron Paul and Ron Paul 2012 FB pages for wednesday and thursday and all comments from people who liked idea and donated.

And I don't even live in States nor am I American citizen.

Also, I agreed with some people here who argued that this looks a little bit pricey, but my judgment was that potentional gain is worth it.

So, right now, let's not fight and let's finish this. Pasta have Roger's number so he can ask him if his flights costs this much for people he likes and supports how much is it for others. Or something like that. As a joke, ofcourse.

Thank you very much for your help promoting this!

+rep

orenbus
09-23-2011, 02:05 PM
I have been calling and finding out prices. $600 an hour for daytime was quoted. You aren't getting any special Ron Paul deal. You're paying full price.

Been saying this from the start, $1500.00 is wayyyyyyy too much from what other pilots are saying for upkeep, operation and the lights for a project like this.

I like this idea in general, however at the very least there should have been some shopping around done before committing to a price like this that seems closer to fraud then to reality. A quick googl-ing brings up some pretty surprising numbers compared to what is being asked for.

PastaRocket848
09-23-2011, 02:07 PM
"For about $1500 someone posted you could wrap an entire bus in Des Moines and have it seen by tens of thousands for an entire month."

sorry... but i work at an upfitter that does graphic wraps... and that's about an average car price. a bus would be way, way more. thousands more. 1500 for a bus would be nearly the material cost if not more depending on the material used.

lucky_bg
09-23-2011, 02:10 PM
I hate to break it to you folks, my brother is a pilot. I have flown with him for two hours in a 172, it does not cost $1500. About $150 in gas, maybe $300-400 for a rental fee. Somebody is making plenty of money flying for 2 hours for $1500, they are not flying at cost.

O for Chirst sake! If you are posting, at least make effort to read thread from begining.

Tangent already explained that this guy Roger doesn't live in Orlando, so that's an hour and a half round flight for him to get there for each flight. Also, this kind of advertising requires dozens if not hundreds of very expensive halogen bulbs which need to be replaced on regular basis.

And I'm not expert for aviation, but I would bet that plane consume a lot more fuel with that platform with bulbs underneath, then regular cesna 172. Take a careful look at video at first page. That platform is bigger than plane itself is.

It is easy to oversimplify things, but it is not corect always.

tangent4ronpaul
09-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Did he say he would do it for cost?

I have no idea if it's at cost or not. I do know that the setup under his wings and the brain that scrolls messages is a very expensive piece of kit and he's probably still paying it off.

I also know he's got kids underfoot and have no problem if he makes a profit on this. The price is the same as it was in 2007 and I don't remember anyone bitching about it back then.

Weighing other peoples purses is a very annoying habit.

One Last Battle!
09-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Why not have a banner too? It might attract more attention with a banner AND the lights, and I doubt there is much reason to not do so.

afwjam
09-23-2011, 02:16 PM
I have no idea if it's at cost or not. I do know that the setup under his wings and the brain that scrolls messages is a very expensive piece of kit and he's probably still paying it off.

I also know he's got kids underfoot and have no problem if he makes a profit on this. The price is the same as it was in 2007 and I don't remember anyone bitching about it back then.

Weighing other peoples purses is a very annoying habit.

I think the problem people are having is that you indicated in the first post that $1500 was for the cost of gas.
Its fine if its not for cost, but don't tell people that.

afwjam
09-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Just talking to Robert. Looks like it will cost $1,500 for Thursday and he's a supporter, so that is the cost of gas.
-t

This is your first post and I think where people were getting the idea that this Ron Paul supporter was doing it for cost.

orenbus
09-23-2011, 02:25 PM

WOW!

All I have to say is what I said before, I don't like being misled through either miscommunication, misunderstanding or incompetence. And I really don't like fellow supporters being a victim of it either.

rnestam
09-23-2011, 02:26 PM
This is the kind of stuff that is FUN. I applauded and still do. I didn't donate and if I did I would be upset like everyone else. Why? Because the pics and video are the payoff, a huge part of the "fun"...lesson learned I'm sure but people shouldn't be trying to push efforts like this away. It's priceless grassroots fun that all other candidates would die for but could never get there part time zombie followers to do. It goes a long way in proving we are NOT centralized astroturf.

tangent4ronpaul
09-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Why not have a banner too? It might attract more attention with a banner AND the lights, and I doubt there is much reason to not do so.

Banners are for daytime aerial advertizing, he does twilight / nighttime advertizing.

Too much drag.

parocks
09-23-2011, 02:29 PM
let's fight and not finish this or let Pasta take charge.

If Pasta gets good footage, it's not a complete waste.

Let Pasta set up whatever he needs to make the footage as quality and as useful as possible.

parocks
09-23-2011, 02:34 PM
This is the kind of stuff that is FUN. I applauded and still do. I didn't donate and if I did I would be upset like everyone else. Why? Because the pics and video are the payoff, a huge part of the "fun"...lesson learned I'm sure but people shouldn't be trying to push efforts like this away. It's priceless grassroots fun that all other candidates would die for but could never get there part time zombie followers to do. It goes a long way in proving we are NOT centralized astroturf.

Agree that video is key to this project and many other projects that involve "world's most pointless sign". What's the Guinness record for deepest underground campaign sign? It's not 2007 any more.

I don't think we need to prove we are NOT centralized astroturf.

tangent4ronpaul
09-23-2011, 02:35 PM
WOW!

All I have to say is what I said before, I don't like being misled through either miscommunication, misunderstanding or incompetence. And I really don't like fellow supporters being a victim of it either.

I didn't mean to mislead anyone and am under the impression he's doing it for cost. My apologies if anyone is miffed.

I did not specifically ask him this time. Last time he charged exactly the same amount and said that was at cost.

He's been doing this for 5 years so it's a good bet that paying off the aircraft and light system is part of his factored operating costs. The drag of the sign is going to eat a lot of gas and he looses bulbs every flight.

What he does is spectacular and I think we got a good deal for our money.

-t

parocks
09-23-2011, 02:40 PM
WOW!

Tangent's projects lead to chip-ins really quickly. I often get on Tangent's projects, sometimes to help them along, because some of the ideas in the project aren't bad.
But you'll often see me saying something like "let's wait until we get farther ahead until we talk about chip-ins" on a Tangent project.

Here's a google link
http://www.google.com/#pq=airplane+advertising&hl=en&sugexp=pfwc&cp=26&gs_id=n&xhr=t&q=airplane+advertising+night&qe=YWlycGxhbmUgYWR2ZXJ0aXNpbmcgbmlnaHQ&qesig=J2XLMB6kf_gQ4NoEGFi7NA&pkc=AFgZ2tl3rOMxhiSu103HBThAqOdojl8fZ7B3NZAkh-zL1VMt-k27yD7De-cYEBqmQH50T0tA-e1xAgCoFUmBmns415kcf9Twmg&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&safe=off&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=airplane+advertising+night&aq=0v&aqi=g-v1&aql=f&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=ec3e3d4789820f55&biw=1279&bih=640

They'll tell you how much it costs to do what Tangent is doing.

tangent4ronpaul
09-23-2011, 02:40 PM

Well, we are working on making it happen tomorrow and getting video then. I'm not happy that we didn't get footage either. I don't think we've ever missed getting a youtube when Paul has been on TV, but not a single sole pulled out their cell phone and captured a few minutes of this. We did ask people to film it.

It's not too late to donate.

rnestam
09-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Agree that video is key to this project and many other projects that involve "world's most pointless sign". What's the Guinness record for deepest underground campaign sign? It's not 2007 any more.

I don't think we need to prove we are NOT centralized astroturf.

hahaha, awesome. Sad part is "the Deepest Underground Campaign Sign" would probably get more press than a Republican wanting to bring the troops home. We should have a sub-forum called "worlds most pointless sign" where people can donate to ridiculous stuff all they want in peace. Might actually take off...

trey4sports
09-23-2011, 02:54 PM
I really don't get why this got any traction. We're not battling name recognition any more. We need to be doing direct mail, phone banking and things that actually win elections. The campaign could actually target voters with that money. Nobody is going to vote for Ron Paul because they saw a plane flying around with a Ron Paul banner.

tangent4ronpaul
09-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Tangent's projects lead to chip-ins really quickly. I often get on Tangent's projects, sometimes to help them along, because some of the ideas in the project aren't bad.
But you'll often see me saying something like "let's wait until we get farther ahead until we talk about chip-ins" on a Tangent project.

Here's a google link
http://www.google.com/#pq=airplane+advertising&hl=en&sugexp=pfwc&cp=26&gs_id=n&xhr=t&q=airplane+advertising+night&qe=YWlycGxhbmUgYWR2ZXJ0aXNpbmcgbmlnaHQ&qesig=J2XLMB6kf_gQ4NoEGFi7NA&pkc=AFgZ2tl3rOMxhiSu103HBThAqOdojl8fZ7B3NZAkh-zL1VMt-k27yD7De-cYEBqmQH50T0tA-e1xAgCoFUmBmns415kcf9Twmg&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&safe=off&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=airplane+advertising+night&aq=0v&aqi=g-v1&aql=f&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=ec3e3d4789820f55&biw=1279&bih=640

They'll tell you how much it costs to do what Tangent is doing.

I believe this is my third chipin. 2007 Skyspot, 2007 banner tow and 2011 Skyspot.

Perhaps you could refresh my memory on all these other chipins i've done?

the cost of what I'm doing...

well, lets see - different company on the west coast (who's using some RP video Roger shot for us) charges what...

http://www.sign-in-sky.com/Pricing.aspx

20 spots for $400
200 spots for $3,800

If you notice in the video in the OP each "spot" is about 5 seconds.

5 seconds x 20 spots = 1 min and 40 seconds of ad time. for $400
5 seconds x 200 spots = 16.6 minutes of ad time fpr $3,800

Or SkySpot's 1 hour of ad time for $1,500

Yeah dude - we are soooo trying to rip you off! :rolleyes:

parocks
09-23-2011, 02:58 PM
but you forget that it's not your money. and you're opinion is one of thousands. and if you were a true supporter of the whole idea of individual liberty and freedom, you wouldn't spend so much time trying to direct others on how to spend their money. it's not your problem. it had absolutely no bearing on your life whatsoever if a couple people decide to chip in and do something you disagree with. just don't contribute, and voice your opinion, and get over it. just don't think that for some reason anyone else should give a damn what you think.

I do think that because I have a good track record of being right, people should give a damn what I think.

I'm not nice about it, but I'm constantly working to be right.

And everyone else should do that.

People look up at an expensive sign and think "that's a waste of money". And then they see "Ron Paul." And then they (could) think "Ron Paul is in favor of wasting money."

I'm a Ron Paul supporter. But I don't think that I'm a "true supporter of the whole idea of individual liberty and freedom." I'm a Republican. I want Limited Constitutional Government. But I'm not an anarchist.

Might you also try to remember, this was YESTERDAY, I was the one who brought YOU to this thread. That was ME, not Tangent, who apparently does not pay attention to what people are saying on HIS OWN THREAD. I remembered that, and I called you here. And

So, yes, I'm talking down this project. And yes I typically talk down Tangent's projects.

But who was it who got the video guy for this project, a project that I don't even like?

ME

So, yes, people should listen to me.

What you could have done is say "we're spending $1500 on this project, and instead of picking Gage up at the airport, someone else will pick him up, and I will shoot the video to make this project less of a fail." I'm not blaming you for not doing that, because doing what you were planning on doing is a good thing, but we would've solved the video problem that way.

tangent4ronpaul
09-23-2011, 03:01 PM
I really don't get why this got any traction. We're not battling name recognition any more. We need to be doing direct mail, phone banking and things that actually win elections. The campaign could actually target voters with that money. Nobody is going to vote for Ron Paul because they saw a plane flying around with a Ron Paul banner.

Because other candidates would kill for supporters like us.

Because if it gets any media coverage we hit a home run

Because slogans like:

Bye, Bye IRS - Wish I could say it's been fun
and
Pasta4Paul - why do people donate their grocery money to this man? Google Ron Paul and u will 2

are the kind of things that will get people to check out Paul.

As to name recognition, there was a poll earlier this year and Paul is at 85 percent name recognition among likely Republican voters. We still need to work at it.

Jack Daw
09-23-2011, 03:03 PM
@ Tangent

I appreciate you stepping up and taking leadership and trying to raise money to give Ron Paul exposure; many of us rallied to help. It some aspects, it was a win; I think you could have been more forthright (i.e. $1500 for gas), but the plane did fly and some people must have seen it, but it's not our 'best' win. What if we don't raise the money for tomorrow?

I think you were really focused on just getting the plane in the air(?), and maybe not the whole dynamic. It was more than just the plane in the air, but the footage to be recycled, over and over. Additionally, the footage to inspire the supporters, in which the project recycles itself giving life to more projects like itself, and also to set an early example for others to follow. That was the other half of the 'Value'. There, we failed. We could have been a better steward of the situation in that regard.

To sure the point, if we had photos this morning, for people to see what they were being a part of (donating yesterday), we'd already have the money for Saturday.

The grassroots needs leaders, but focused leaders; more-so, thought-through, and experienced, and I'd hope you'd take this experience and grow. Being 'grassroots', these things are to be expected, hopefully not, but they do happen.

Personally, I spent a lot of time promoting this yesterday; I bet on you. If we were the '3 stooges', honestly, I would've 'moe'd' you a few times this morning. :)

But hey, it flew, hopefully somebody caught something.

Let's do better in the future.

parocks
09-23-2011, 03:07 PM
hahaha, awesome. Sad part is "the Deepest Underground Campaign Sign" would probably get more press than a Republican wanting to bring the troops home. We should have a sub-forum called "worlds most pointless sign" where people can donate to ridiculous stuff all they want in peace. Might actually take off...

Yes. Yes it would. Troublesome, but true.

How about a "Terrible Grassroots Ideas" section.

We can all just suggest that terrible ideas get moved to the terrible ideas section. Some people like to spend money on terrible ideas. And I would admit, if I'm going to go to the terrible ideas section to call something a terrible idea, I would be a poor sport under those circumstances.

lucky_bg
09-23-2011, 03:08 PM
During wednesday and thursday I posted on FB and tweeted link to this thread appealing to people to consider taking part in this grassroots project. That way they could see 2007 video and Chip In in OP and be sure it is Ron Paul grassroots project by Ron Paul Forums members.

Right now, I don't know what to do. I can't post link to this thread. We don't want to advertise all ill feelings, mistrust and accusations expresed here, don't we?

ZanZibar
09-23-2011, 03:10 PM
http://www.optionsbingo.org/bingo-card.gif

ZanZibar
09-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Because if it gets any media coverage we hit a home runHow many press releases did you send out about it, and to whom?

We got message out even if no one filmed it a lot of people saw it. That's not a failed project.How many impressions did it produce? More importantly, how many votes did it gain?

It flew!How do we know that?

surf
09-23-2011, 03:12 PM
it's not cool to bust folks balls on projects. a lot of us took part in the RP college football airforce in 2007 soliciting donations either through chip-ins or other donations and a lot of out-of-pocket expenses.

i'd like to think that this is part of the reason we are where we are at now (good and bad). and i'm excited to see it happen again.

parocks
09-23-2011, 03:13 PM

Well, I'm in agreement 100%. I'd actually argue that things like direct mail, phone banking and things that actually win elections could wait a bit. But, obviously, these are the things we have to do, and have to do a lot of.

I suspect that the campaign has rolled out its phone from home so early because of the idle hands / devil's workshop problem.

But we don't need more blimps / blimptype activities.

$1500 could go to a Frat at the University of Iowa or Iowa State University.

http://uiowagreeks.com/home

Jack Daw
09-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Agreed.

lol... hilarious, BUT it wasn't a sign. It wasn't name recognition. It was a message. It can make a 'point'. We are still messaging and persuading. I do think however, there should have been better organization concerning strategic messaging.

MJU1983
09-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Some people just like to argue... It's very helpful (sarcasm).

parocks
09-23-2011, 03:15 PM
How many press releases did you send out about it, and to whom?

How many impressions did it produce? More importantly, how many votes did it gain?

How do we know that?

Well, I think we do know that it flew. Pasta said so, and Pasta is trustworthy enough to pick Gage up at the airport.

tangent4ronpaul
09-23-2011, 03:20 PM
@ Tangent

I appreciate you stepping up and taking leadership and trying to raise money to give Ron Paul exposure; many of us rallied to help. It some aspects, it was a win; I think you could have been more forthright (i.e. $1500 for gas), but the plane did fly and some people must have seen it, but it's not our 'best' win. What if we don't raise the money for tomorrow?

I think you were really focused on just getting the plane in the air(?), and maybe not the whole dynamic. It was more than just the plane in the air, but the footage to be recycled, over and over. Additionally, the footage to inspire the supporters, in which the project recycles itself giving life to more projects like itself, and also to set an early example for others to follow. That was the other half of the 'Value'. There, we failed. We could have been a better steward of the situation in that regard.

To sure the point, if we had photos this morning, for people to see what they were being a part of (donating yesterday), we'd already have the money for Saturday.

The grassroots needs leaders, but focused leaders; more-so, thought-through, and experienced, and I'd hope you'd take this experience and grow. Being 'grassroots', these things are to be expected, hopefully not, but they do happen.

Personally, I spent a lot of time promoting this yesterday; I bet on you. If we were the '3 stooges', honestly, I would've 'moe'd' you a few times this morning. :)

But hey, it flew, hopefully somebody caught something.

Let's do better in the future.

Well thanks for those kind words.

I really do think it's important that it flies tomorrow. Partially because it's the straw poll and hopefully we will have another win. Partially because getting that footage, even if it's a day late would turn this into a total win.

But lets say it doesn't fly. Figuring out who gets how much of a refund would be a total pain and some people might get upset. Everyone after $1,500 was raised, or divide by donors equally - except some people donated $5 and others $50 so the $5 people might get back more than they donated. Total mess.

So far we have about $500 raised for the second flight. I still think we should push and try to get it over the straw poll, but as an alternative I could pass by Roger if he's be willing to take the $500 and the next time he is over Orlando he hook up with Pasta for about 20 minutes of ad/film time.

-t

lucky_bg
09-23-2011, 03:21 PM
We need new thread to finish this. If Pasta will be reponsible to contact Roger and record flight, he should start it. Or Tangent. This is his idea after all, and I still think a good one.

And I am politely asking all people that have ill feelings about idea per se, or costs or whatever else, to keep their feelings to themselves, so that we who want to finish this project can promote it without embarrassing ourselves, Ron Paul Forums, or Ron Paul grassroots in general.

speciallyblend
09-23-2011, 03:23 PM
How many press releases did you send out about it, and to whom?

How many impressions did it produce? More importantly, how many votes did it gain?

How do we know that?

did you donate to this? if not g t f out of this thread and go make your own debbie downer thread. your id should be ballbuster!!

rnestam
09-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Yes. Yes it would. Troublesome, but true.

How about a "Terrible Grassroots Ideas" section.

We can all just suggest that terrible ideas get moved to the terrible ideas section. Some people like to spend money on terrible ideas. And I would admit, if I'm going to go to the terrible ideas section to call something a terrible idea, I would be a poor sport under those circumstances.

Someone posted a thread a few days ago asking for a "chip in central" and it was well received...People that just want to spread out a few bucks a week to some serious or fun projects. I thought it was great and honestly I think your last reply is on to something. Completely voluntary of course, but why not have the balls to put ur chipin up for public scrutiny with a poll during your original "pitch thread"....pick either "waste of money" or "a must to get done"....That way people can have a ball just reading through all the ideas and voicing there opinion, they can go right to the sub-forum for "must get done" winners for quick donating. And the "waste of Money" people can abandon or prove everyone wrong....Either way every thread gets moved after it's done or dead to the completed projects so we can reference and go back to see what was successful and what was terrible...

Chipin Central
-Active Pitches
-Must Get Done
-Waste of Money
-Completed projects

There is your chip in central with all the arguing a forum should have....

speciallyblend
09-23-2011, 03:25 PM
We need new thread to finish this. If Pasta will be reponsible to contact Roger and record flight, he should start it. Or Tangent. This is his idea after all, and I still think a good one.

And I am politely asking all people that have ill feelings about idea per se, or costs or whatever else, to keep their feelings to themselves, so that we who want to finish this project can promote it without embarrassing ourselves, Ron Paul Forums, or Ron Paul grassroots in general.

totally agree. did we not get video of the flight on thursday?? :( great work on this project keep it up!!

ZanZibar
09-23-2011, 03:29 PM
did you donate to this? if not g t f out of this thread and go make your own debbie downer thread. your id should be ballbuster!!Uhh... Asking legitimate questions is now considered "downing" an idea? :confused: :rolleyes:

Why are you jumping to conclusions?

Umbro2914
09-23-2011, 03:30 PM
did you donate to this? if not g t f out of this thread and go make your own debbie downer thread. your id should be ballbuster!!
hes sharing his constructive criticism and raising valid points. besides hes a rather new member, chill out.

lucky_bg
09-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Well thanks for those kind words.

I really do think it's important that it flies tomorrow. Partially because it's the straw poll and hopefully we will have another win. Partially because getting that footage, even if it's a day late would turn this into a total win.

But lets say it doesn't fly. Figuring out who gets how much of a refund would be a total pain and some people might get upset. Everyone after $1,500 was raised, or divide by donors equally - except some people donated $5 and others $50 so the $5 people might get back more than they donated. Total mess.

So far we have about $500 raised for the second flight. I still think we should push and try to get it over the straw poll, but as an alternative I could pass by Roger if he's be willing to take the $500 and the next time he is over Orlando he hook up with Pasta for about 20 minutes of ad/film time.

-t

If we can not realise this second flight, then my suggestion is that Tangent donate rest of the money to Glen Bradley's State Senate campaign. Less then 500$ wouldn't make huge change for Ron's campaign, but it would help significantly Glen, having in mind his Constitution money bomb collected under 3K. And he certainly deserves it, as only public office holder on this Forums.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?312797-Glen-Bradley-Constitution-Day-Moneybomb/page12&highlight=Glen+Bradley+Constitution

Edit: Returning money is just unachievable in any fair and practical way. And giving almost 5 hundred just to make 20 minutes video of flight nobody will see on ground is waste of money. We already have similar video from 2007.

MJU1983
09-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Uhh... Asking legitimate questions is now considered "downing" an idea? :confused: :rolleyes:

Not really...you think it's a bad idea and keep reminding us over and over and over and over again. Great, we get it. Others DO think it's a good idea. If you want something better or different, do it - promote it - and hope others don't come in your thread to throw cold water on your ideas.

tangent4ronpaul
09-23-2011, 03:38 PM
If we can not realise this second flight, then my suggestion is that Tangent donate rest of the money to Glen Bradley's State Senate campaign. Less then 500$ wouldn't make huge change for Ron's campaign, but it would help significantly Glen, having in mind his Constitution money bomb collected under 3K. And he certainly deserves it, as only public office holder on this Forums.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?312797-Glen-Bradley-Constitution-Day-Moneybomb/page12&highlight=Glen+Bradley+Constitution

I'm not ok with money donated for one thing being used for another.

Besides we still need that video, one way or another.

speciallyblend
09-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Uhh... Asking legitimate questions is now considered "downing" an idea? :confused: :rolleyes:

they do not sound legit to me. do you see us concerned? no. that is because we either know the people thru online or have meet them in person at cpac and other liberty events!!! your only trollin this thread. If you do not like the idea. then stop opening the thread and trying to derail what they are doing!! If someone was concerned if this was legit. Then it would of been locked by admin and never made it this far!!!

tangent4ronpaul
09-23-2011, 03:39 PM

New thread created! - thanks!