PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson Gary Johnson on the Fed

LibertyTyler
09-21-2011, 02:35 AM
Check out this great video of Gary Johnson discussing the federal reserve. We need to support both candidates financially!
http://www.youtube.com/user/govgaryjohnson#p/u/9/VuBpc6_o-5g

realtonygoodwin
09-21-2011, 02:53 AM
Why? If he would run for Senate sure. It makes no sense to support two people for President. If you max out to Ron Paul, then donate to the Revolution PAC.

LibertyEagle
09-21-2011, 03:09 AM
Check out this great video of Gary Johnson discussing the federal reserve. We need to support both candidates financially!

No, we do not. This is RON PAUL FORUMS, not Gary Johnson Forums.

LirvA
09-21-2011, 03:23 AM
I disagree, LibertyEagle.

Just think about it. If Ron Paul fails to win the GOP nomination, and fails to win the presidency, what happens to these forums? Do they suddenly come to an end? Or do they move on and aim to find future libertarian candidates? Gary Johnson will not overcome Ron Paul in the polls, it's an impossibility, so the more support he gains in this race, the better, because he is eventually going to drop out and endorse Ron Paul. If his campaign just fell off the map completely, what would be the point in endorsing RP? "Governor Gary Johnson endorses Ron Paul!" ".... who? Who's Gary Johnson? :confused:"

The more traction and support Gary Johnson gets, the better it is for not only Ron Paul in this election, but for Gary Johnson in future elections, and other libertarians in future elections as well. We need to think of all libertarians, because advancing them all is advancing our own freedoms.

Diashi
09-21-2011, 09:58 AM
NOPE. If Gary can bolster our campaign, wonderful, but I'm in it for Paul no matter what happens. That's the attitude that will get us as close to victory as possible.

Donate to Gary, now?! Hah! Go tell Gary supporters to come over here and help us out. If they want Libertarian candidates in more congressional seats, you have to change the environment, and Paul is our best chance of doing that.

If you're maxed on campaign donations, donate to RevPac. We can't be spreading our grassroots over two candidates like this. We'll sink.

banks11
09-21-2011, 10:14 AM
Financial support is not the most principled concept, on that matter I'm not sure what the right answer is.
But other support should be given or as least not purposefully not given to all candidates supporting Liberty in my opinion.

specsaregood
09-21-2011, 10:18 AM
//

smartguy911
09-21-2011, 10:19 AM
We need to focus on one individual and i think we should be focusing 100% on Dr. Paul. If you have reached your limit with main campaign, please donate to Revolution PAC.

http://www.revolutionpac.com/

erowe1
09-21-2011, 10:20 AM

If he decides to run for senate, I'll donate. But I won't flush any money down the toilet on his POTUS run.

Tod
09-21-2011, 10:22 AM

Did you listen to what he said? He only said that the Fed needs OVERSIGHT. He didn't say audited or competition or closed down. OVERSIGHT may well mean yet another government bureaucracy, the last thing we need.

LibertyEagle
09-21-2011, 10:28 AM
I disagree, LibertyEagle.

Just think about it. If Ron Paul fails to win the GOP nomination, and fails to win the presidency, what happens to these forums? Do they suddenly come to an end? Or do they move on and aim to find future libertarian candidates? Gary Johnson will not overcome Ron Paul in the polls, it's an impossibility, so the more support he gains in this race, the better, because he is eventually going to drop out and endorse Ron Paul. If his campaign just fell off the map completely, what would be the point in endorsing RP? "Governor Gary Johnson endorses Ron Paul!" ".... who? Who's Gary Johnson? :confused:"

The more traction and support Gary Johnson gets, the better it is for not only Ron Paul in this election, but for Gary Johnson in future elections, and other libertarians in future elections as well. We need to think of all libertarians, because advancing them all is advancing our own freedoms.

No one knows who Gary Johnson is NOW.

I wish Johnson well, but we are supporting one man for President on these forums and his name is Ron Paul.

specsaregood
09-21-2011, 10:31 AM
No one knows who Gary Johnson is NOW.
I wish Johnson well, but we are supporting one man for President on these forums and his name is Ron Paul.

And our own forum member Glen Bradley is probably running for state senate and only managed to have 2k donated to him so far for a run against his state establishment. And we have people coming here saying we should give money to a competitor of Dr. Pauls? eff that. If you have extra money, go throw Gunny a couple bucks.

erowe1
09-21-2011, 10:34 AM
And our own forum member Glen Bradley is probably running for state senate and only managed to have 2k donated to him so far for a run against his state establishment. And we have people coming here saying we should give money to a competitor of Dr. Pauls? eff that. If you have extra money, go throw Gunny a couple bucks.

Yep. Plus, Glen's eventual endorsement of Ron Paul will get noticed by more people than Johnson's will.

sailingaway
09-21-2011, 10:46 AM
Everyone else is echoing points Ron has been making for decades, why is Gary doing it too news?

specsaregood
09-21-2011, 10:46 AM
Yep. Plus, Glen's eventual endorsement of Ron Paul will get noticed by more people than Johnson's will.

And he is gonna make more new Ron Paul voters than Gary Johnson ever will, I can guarantee that.

sailingaway
09-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Financial support is not the most principled concept, on that matter I'm not sure what the right answer is.
But other support should be given or as least not purposefully not given to all candidates supporting Liberty in my opinion.

Liberty is a very flexible term. Ron Paul represents me and Gary doesn't, so I guess, to me, Ron is the only one 'supporting liberty' of the two. I believe in fixed principles, not constantly sliding scale cost benefit analyses. Special interests can make far too much hay with those.

banks11
09-23-2011, 03:33 AM
sailingaway I understand, as I said it's "at least not purposefully not given" support but I should have used credit instead of support.In my case Ron is also the one "supporting Liberty" most adjacent to me, but I think it would be disingenuous not to give some "credit" (even almost nothing) to Gary.