PDA

View Full Version : Pat Buchanan's "Suicide of a Superpower" to be released October 18th!!

AuH20
09-20-2011, 10:03 PM
I'm excited.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0312579977/forthecause-20

emazur
09-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Does Buchanan usually do book tours? I'd like the chance to see him.

moderate libertarian
09-20-2011, 11:22 PM
This maybe bit off topic but somehow this thread title reminded me of this news report.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2016162502_sept11pilot10.html

LibertyEagle
09-21-2011, 12:18 AM
How Americans are killing the country they profess to love, and the fate that awaits us if we do not turn around, is what Suicide of a Superpower is all about.

Ain't that the truth. :(

Zap!
09-21-2011, 12:32 AM
Of all the people that have ran for political office in the last 50 years, Pat is better than anyone else.

awake
09-21-2011, 04:25 AM
The natural and inherent death of an empire is a much better description of affairs. "Suicide of a Superpower" implies that we could have kept the empire if only we {insert grand control scheme here}.

bobbyw24
09-21-2011, 05:32 AM
Of all the people that have ran for political office in the last 50 years, Pat is better than anyone else.

And he did something that Ron Paul has not done and may never do: win a GOP Presidential Primary

cindy25
09-21-2011, 05:48 AM

not number 1-that would be Ron Paul, but Pat in the top 10

AuH20
09-21-2011, 08:26 AM

I think it was Gore Vidal who told Pat point blank that the GOP would never let him gain a foothold in their 'club', because Pat's platform was far too threatening to the status quo. People also forget that Pat was very good friends with gonzo journalist extraordinaire Hunter Thompson.

wannaberocker
09-21-2011, 08:48 AM
I dont know about the book, but that is an awesome title. That is exactly what america has been doing for decades now.

Joey Fuller
09-21-2011, 09:47 AM
awesome. Pat is hardcore

AuH20
09-21-2011, 09:53 AM
I just noticed that someone has written a book about Pat's life and it's coming out in February:

http://www.amazon.com/Crusader-Life-Tumultuous-Times-Buchanan/dp/0312581742/ref=pd_sim_b1

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51eo2FyDsmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Clem Kadiddlehopper
09-21-2011, 11:48 AM
I like Pat Buchanan. I supported his presidential campaign. Unfortunately, I have concluded him to be an opportunist above all else. Like many other prominent voices on the right, he knows Ron Paul is the best candidate for our time. But, Buchanan refuses to seriously support Ron Paul's candidacy for fear of being blackballed by his fellow pundits. I guess he needs to stay on their good side so he can get invited on their shows to hawk his latest book when it's released. I'm not going to give him a pass just because I like some of the things he says. Our personal liberty is at stake. The true patriots will stand up and be counted. Damn a book.

Zap!
09-21-2011, 11:50 AM
not number 1-that would be Ron Paul, but Pat in the top 10

I put Paul at number two. They are the same on wars, but I prefer Pat because he is much more conservative on immigration, gays, abortion, and Western Culture. I am also for the death penalty, and not sure I want to legalize drugs.

Pat also rails against the New World Order a lot more.

ExPatPaki
09-21-2011, 11:54 AM
I am also for the death penalty, and not sure I want to legalize drugs.

Yea, Pat's not sure either on this issue, he says using marijuana use is not a "victimless crime"; but he's not exactly for the War on Drugs.

AuH20
09-21-2011, 12:00 PM
I put Paul at number two. They are the same on wars, but I prefer Pat because he is much more conservative on immigration, gays, abortion, and Western Culture. I am also for the death penalty, and not sure I want to legalize drugs.

Ron also irritates me by constantly stating that liberty is the answer to all the world's ills. Liberty is an important ingredient to social advancement but it's not the end all-be all. His philosophy is more simple minded than Pat's, in that there are complex problems that need to be examined beyond the liberty angle.

emazur
09-21-2011, 03:26 PM

Buchanan used to be a war hawk - watch his interview with Morton Downey Jr. discussing Vietnam if you don't believe me. And on Morning Joe he rated Obama a "B+" on foreign policy (I think last year), with the only complaint being that Obama wasn't being decisive enough. Ron Paul has decades of consistency opposing foreign intervention. Buchanan is also a latecomer to ending the Fed, and very rarely talks about it. It's only the 5th plank of the Communist Manifesto. And I don't recall ever hearing Buchanan talk about hard money

BenjFranklin
09-21-2011, 04:46 PM
When I clicked on "look inside" it seems the entire book is available for reading.

BenjFranklin
09-21-2011, 04:48 PM
When I clicked on "look inside" it seems the entire book is available for reading.

Sorry. Not the whole thing, but a good chunk.

Southron
09-21-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm looking forward to this book.

truthspeaker
09-21-2011, 06:01 PM
From the "Product Description on Amazon"

"Where once we celebrated the unity, the melting pot and shared experience, that the Depression and World War gave us, our elites today proclaim, “Our diversity is our greatest strength!”—even as racial, religious, and ethnic diversity are tearing nations to pieces.

Rejecting the commitment to a God-given equality of rights for all as inadequate, our government is engaged in the manic pursuit of equality of rewards, as it seeks to erect an egalitarian utopia that has never before existed. Less and less do we Americans have in common. More and more do we fight over religion, morality, politics, history, and heroes. And as our nation disintegrates, our government is failing in its fundamental duties, unable to defend our borders, balance our budgets, or win our wars."

gaetano
09-21-2011, 07:25 PM
And he did something that Ron Paul has not done and may never do: win a GOP Presidential Primary

That was when the state's largest newspaper was run by an old school conservative family (Nackey-Loeb) , and before so many damned liberals from Massachusetts moved to lower tax New Hampshire.

Ron would easily win in the New Hampshire of 1996. In fact, they had a Senatior at the time, Bob Smith, who was every bit as hard core as Ron is.

Brett85
09-21-2011, 07:31 PM

He didn't quite win, but he came very close. That just shows you that a GOP candidate running on a purely non interventionist platform can win the GOP primary. The message just has to be framed in the right way.

Brett85
09-21-2011, 07:33 PM

That's the same way I am. I'm more conservative than Ron on issues like abortion, gay marriage, immigration, and the death penalty. But I do agree with him that drugs should be legalized.

Zap!
09-22-2011, 01:07 AM
Buchanan used to be a war hawk - watch his interview with Morton Downey Jr. discussing Vietnam if you don't believe me. And on Morning Joe he rated Obama a "B+" on foreign policy (I think last year), with the only complaint being that Obama wasn't being decisive enough. Ron Paul has decades of consistency opposing foreign intervention. Buchanan is also a latecomer to ending the Fed, and very rarely talks about it. It's only the 5th plank of the Communist Manifesto. And I don't recall ever hearing Buchanan talk about hard money

It's perfectly fine to be a hawk, as long as you're killing the filthy commies in a war to stop Communist aggression. I've seen that interview and I support him 100%. So Ron is better on the Federal Reserve. Pat is better on everything else. He also would never praise MLK like Ron Paul does time after time, and strongly opposed the holiday. When the Terri Schiavo case was in the news, Pat said he's send federal marshals to the Florida hospital she was in. Pat was right, her right to life supersedes any state right. I am not and will never be a libertarian. I am a Constitutional Paleo-Conservative Constitution Party supporter.

I love Ron Paul. I worship Pat Buchanan.