PDA

View Full Version : The party of the poor?

Freedom 4 all
09-20-2011, 09:26 PM
People are always saying the Democrats are the "party of the poor". While it is certainly true that they are no friend to the wealthy (excluding their corporate donors and banking masters of course) they haven't done a ton to actually help the poor. Liberals on the street love to point out (rightly) that the poor and middle class actually have a higher percentage of tax burden than the rich. But their solution to this is that the rich need to pay MORE. If they were really for the poor, rather than merely against the rich, shouldn't their solution to this inequality instead be that the poor need to pay LESS? I've yet to see massive tax cuts for the poor and middle class proposed anywhere on the left-wing blogosphere. Why not?

FrankRep
09-20-2011, 09:34 PM
The Democrat party base grows as more people become poorer.

Democrat Strategy: Make more poor people.
(over-regulation, destroy capitalism)

madengr
09-20-2011, 09:44 PM
If they were really for the poor, rather than merely against the rich, shouldn't their solution to this inequality instead be that the poor need to pay LESS? I've yet to see massive tax cuts for the poor and middle class proposed anywhere on the left-wing blogosphere. Why not?

The reality is the poor don't pay any income taxes; I'm not talking about SS. What is it, 54% of the wage earners pay 96% of the taxes?