PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Republican considering running for Senate in Wisconsin!

LibertyIn08
09-20-2011, 07:22 PM
http://www.facebook.com/notes/frank-lasee/letter-to-family-and-friends/10150378581785572

Dear Friends,

I am writing to let you know that I am seriously considering running for the open US Senate seat of retiring Herb Kohl, in the fall of 2012.

Over the next couple weeks, I will be talking with friends, colleagues and praying with my family for clear direction. I am convicted and passionate about the work needed to fix our state and country. This has been laid on my heart and mind.

Last fall when I was elected to the State Senate with 60 percent of the vote, I ran on a platform of Getting Wisconsin Working Again. We’ve made strong progress in Madison. We balanced the budget and closed a $3.6 billion deficit, without raising taxes or fees. We passed tort reform and are in the process of making our state more business friendly and encouraging private sector job-creation.

In order to keep my promise to help Get Wisconsin Working Again, I’m convinced we must change the direction our country is heading. Wisconsin needs a strong voice, a determined leader and a proven conservative to work for us in the US Senate.

My energy policy will lower the cost of gas and electricity. I will fight to repeal Obamacare. I will oppose the rules coming from the EPA that are driving up costs, making it difficult for businesses to add jobs and causing hard working families to pay more. Most importantly, I am rock solidly committed to balancing our federal budget without raising taxes.

The feedback I have received has been positive and encouraging. Many recognize my experience, proven conservative record, and my ability to relate to constituents. They know that I have stood up to those in my own party and liberals that wanted to raise taxes and overspend. I have earned the reputation as a principled fiscal conservative leader who stands up for taxpayers.

I am interested in your thoughts and in your help, should my family and I decide to undertake this major investment of our time, energy and life. The future of our nation and the nation we leave our children is at stake. We need to restore fiscal sanity, so that those who want to work can get ahead and enjoy the fruits of their own efforts.

Thank you for your time and past support, your expression of confidence in me and affection for the work I am doing for the people of our state. Should this not be right time for me to serve in the US Senate, I will gladly continue my State Senate work because it is a four year term and this is a midterm election. I truly want to serve Wisconsin in a greater capacity.

Sincerely,

Frank Lasee
State Senator

trey4sports
09-20-2011, 07:24 PM
well, he's a convict. Per line 3

One Last Battle!
09-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Is he a "economic conservative" who conveniently keeps quiet about foreign policy so as to reap our grassroots and fundraising support without scaring the neo-cons, or is he an actually dedicated supporter (ala Amash)?

Inkblots
09-20-2011, 08:38 PM
well, he's a convict. Per line 3

Ha! +rep

LibertyIn08
09-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Is he a "economic conservative" who conveniently keeps quiet about foreign policy so as to reap our grassroots and fundraising support without scaring the neo-cons, or is he an actually dedicated supporter (ala Amash)?

Did you see Amash in the debates?

Rothbardian Girl
09-21-2011, 11:11 AM
I would need to see more about his views on foreign policy before I could consider fully supporting him, but it'd be cool if he was a non-interventionist who kept everything "under wraps" so as to attract neo-con support. I hate to sound so unprincipled, but the Establishment has lied about their goals before... time to give them a dose of their own medicine.

I don't think anyone can claim to be a fiscal conservative and support the wars we have going on now. It's mind-boggling. I seriously don't understand people like DeMint and Palin for that reason alone.

Cutlerzzz
09-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Where does it say that he's a Ron Paul Republican? He doesn't mention Paul, foreign policy, the Fed, and supports tort reform. In his interests he does list Ron Paul, but also Herman Cain and Mark Levin.

realtonygoodwin
09-21-2011, 02:16 PM
The first one is good enough for me.

phesoge
09-21-2011, 06:07 PM
I live in WI and have not heard much about him. Definitely have not heard anything about him being pro-Paul or influenced by Paul. I have been trying to find out more bout him. Not a lot out there. LIBERTYIN08 where did you hear he was pro paul?

eduardo89
09-21-2011, 06:28 PM
I have no problem with the first one as long as he wins and does some good once in office.

One Last Battle!
09-21-2011, 08:15 PM
I have no problem with the first one as long as he wins and does some good once in office.

Yeah, but then we end up with more Ron Johnsons and so on, good on economic issues but then supporting foreign wars and endorsing the PATRIOT act.

LibertyIn08
09-29-2011, 02:03 PM
We'll see what his issues page says once it goes up - this, however, is a great start: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?318649-Liberty-Republican-Frank-Lasee-proposes-bill-curbing-unelected-bureaucratic-power

jkob
09-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Neumann isn't too bad is he? Already has DeMint's endorsement. He was pretty solid on foreign policy in the 90s I think but I don't know what he believes in now. It's going to be pretty tough to beat Tommy Thompson for the nomination.

eduardo89
09-29-2011, 05:06 PM
Yeah, but then we end up with more Ron Johnsons and so on, good on economic issues but then supporting foreign wars and endorsing the PATRIOT act.

Sadly until more Americans wake up we're going to have to settle for the Ron Johnsons and Marco Rubio republicans. Especially in the Senate where getting elected without party support is next to impossible (that makes Rand so much better, he won without the party)

TCE
09-29-2011, 10:49 PM
Sadly until more Americans wake up we're going to have to settle for the Ron Johnsons and Marco Rubio republicans. Especially in the Senate where getting elected without party support is next to impossible (that makes Rand so much better, he won without the party)

We could if we target the smaller states. North Dakota would have been an excellent opportunity. It would also greatly help if we could recruit Liberty Democrats to run for the House so they'd have their foot in the door to the Senate. This movement seriously lacks in Democrats.

Feeding the Abscess
09-30-2011, 12:25 AM

If Marco Rubio and Ron Johnson are the types of politicians we'll have to settle on, pack it up and head home - the Revolution is over.

I am also in complete agreement with TCE.

TCE
09-30-2011, 08:36 AM
If Marco Rubio and Ron Johnson are the types of politicians we'll have to settle on, pack it up and head home - the Revolution is over.

Agreed. And Eduardo, Rubio is Establishment in disguise.

eduardo89
09-30-2011, 08:53 AM
Agreed. And Eduardo, Rubio is Establishment in disguise.oh I know. And I really dislike Rubio and all the fake tea party candidates. I was just saying that in certain states it's nearly impossible to elect a liberty candidate. I'd say Florida is one of those. Even if a GOP candidate wins in Florida, it's not going to be one of us. I agree that we should be pushing hard in small states like North and South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming etc. They have very small, generally conservative, Republican-friendly populations which we could use to our advantage.

Sadly, big states are very hard and EXPENSIVE to win. We don't have the establishment backing or resources to win in states like Florida. So yes, regrettably in those cases I'd settle with Rubio if the other option is a liberal democrat that supports both war and welfare. That doesn't mean I'd ever donate or campaign for a Rubio-type.

LibertyIn08
09-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Neumann isn't too bad is he? Already has DeMint's endorsement. He was pretty solid on foreign policy in the 90s I think but I don't know what he believes in now. It's going to be pretty tough to beat Tommy Thompson for the nomination.

Lasee is far better than Neumann. Further, SCF has -not- endorsed yet. DeMint likes Neumann but his fundraising apparatus has not yet pledged to any particular candidate.

TCE
09-30-2011, 03:11 PM
oh I know. And I really dislike Rubio and all the fake tea party candidates. I was just saying that in certain states it's nearly impossible to elect a liberty candidate. I'd say Florida is one of those. Even if a GOP candidate wins in Florida, it's not going to be one of us. I agree that we should be pushing hard in small states like North and South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming etc. They have very small, generally conservative, Republican-friendly populations which we could use to our advantage.

Sadly, big states are very hard and EXPENSIVE to win. We don't have the establishment backing or resources to win in states like Florida. So yes, regrettably in those cases I'd settle with Rubio if the other option is a liberal democrat that supports both war and welfare. That doesn't mean I'd ever donate or campaign for a Rubio-type.

In Florida, I'm not so sure, that's more of a wild card since we do have some Ron Paul Republicans in the State House. They actually had a purging a while back, but they do still exist. I agree with your premise, especially on Montana. With some more votes, Montana actually would have been the state for the Free State Project. It's more pro-liberty than virtually all other states. Would be nice to get to work on the State House there.

I +Rep'd you, I understand where you're coming from and I agree. That's why I supported John Hostettler for Indiana Senate a while back, because he was pro-liberty on most things except for the Patriot Act, although that was a hard pill for me to swallow. I'm for incremental-ism until we can get some of our true liberty candidates through the political trenches into higher office.

eduardo89
09-30-2011, 03:17 PM
In Florida, I'm not so sure, that's more of a wild card since we do have some Ron Paul Republicans in the State House. They actually had a purging a while back, but they do still exist. I agree with your premise, especially on Montana. With some more votes, Montana actually would have been the state for the Free State Project. It's more pro-liberty than virtually all other states. Would be nice to get to work on the State House there.

I +Rep'd you, I understand where you're coming from and I agree. That's why I supported John Hostettler for Indiana Senate a while back, because he was pro-liberty on most things except for the Patriot Act, although that was a hard pill for me to swallow. I'm for incremental-ism until we can get some of our true liberty candidates through the political trenches into higher office.

That's what I was stressing. Unfortunately candidates like Rand Paul and Mike Lee and extremely rare, and it's even more rare that they win the primary and go on to win the general election. So as long as the new guy going into the House/Senate is better on most issues than the guy he's replacing, I'd call it a (small) win.

I've always though a state like Montana would be perfect for us to "colonize". It'd be amazing to get control of the State Legislature and push through amazing "radical" reforms like a complete voucher program for K-12 education and really asserting states' rights against federal intrusion.

Personally, I think that all it will take is one state to prove that liberty is the true path to freedom to really get the ball rolling.

LibertyIn08
10-01-2011, 12:14 AM
That's what I was stressing. Unfortunately candidates like Rand Paul and Mike Lee and extremely rare, and it's even more rare that they win the primary and go on to win the general election. So as long as the new guy going into the House/Senate is better on most issues than the guy he's replacing, I'd call it a (small) win.

I've always though a state like Montana would be perfect for us to "colonize". It'd be amazing to get control of the State Legislature and push through amazing "radical" reforms like a complete voucher program for K-12 education and really asserting states' rights against federal intrusion.

Personally, I think that all it will take is one state to prove that liberty is the true path to freedom to really get the ball rolling.

+1 Rep.

LibertyIn08
10-02-2011, 10:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1bqXsBoSNk

Supports withdrawal in Afghanistan and Iraq - focus on terrorism through means other than direct troop deployment. Concerned about the pat-downs and invasive security measures in the United States. Wants to work with Rand on curbing bureaucratic power.

AuH20
10-02-2011, 10:19 AM

Rubio yes. On the other hand, Johnson has been an incredible surprise. His votes have been much better than I anticipated.

LibertyIn08
10-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Lasee Forms U.S. Senate Exploratory Committee

De Pere, WI - State Senator Frank Lasee filed paperwork today with the Federal Election Commission, allowing him to raise money for a U.S. Senate campaign.

"Speaking with voters in the First Senate District and all across Wisconsin, I've been humbled by the positive feedback I've received on launching a U.S. Senate campaign," said Lasee. "Forming an exploratory committee is the next step forward. Taxpayers are looking for a consistent conservative with the backbone and determination to stand up to the big spenders in Washington. My record shows that I am that candidate.”

"In Wisconsin, we've now prioritized fiscal responsibility and private sector job creation. We've balanced the state budget without raising taxes and eased burdensome regulations on business, making it easier to grow jobs. Our state's economic outlook is already improving." Lasee asserts. "I'm proud to have partnered with the people of Wisconsin on such important reforms. It's time to take the same priorities and proven principles to Washington, D.C. and ensure a more prosperous future for everyone. I look forward to partnering again with the people of this state on this next crucial goal."

Frank Lasee was elected to represent Wisconsins' First Senate District in 2010, with over 60 percent of the vote. Prior to his election to the State Senate, Lasee served seven terms in the State Assembly, where he became known as a staunch advocate for taxpayers. He has also served as Chairman of the Town of Ledgeview. His work in the private sector includes experience in manufacturing computer systems, real estate, and telecommunications industries, and as a small business owner.

For more information visit www.franklasee.com
Contact, rob@franklasee.com or Amy 262-880-3316 .

LibertyIn08
10-05-2011, 12:41 PM
http://www.htrnews.com/article/20111005/MAN0601/110050497/Editorial-State-Sen-Frank-Lasee-would-worthy-candidate-Herb-Kohl-s-seat

[...]

We are a long way from endorsing anyone for Kohl's seat, but we'd like to see Frank Lasee as a ballot option. His political and fiscally conservative background is enough to give us confidence that he would be a worthy candidate for the job.

LibertyIn08
10-08-2011, 04:52 AM
http://www.wispolitics.com/index.iml?Article=249427

[...]

“I don't recall Mr. Neumann traveling the state on behalf of Republicans during the budget battle or the recall elections. I don’t remember seeing Mr. Neumann in my district, like others, trying to stand up for the taxpayers of Wisconsin. Trust me on this. I was their target. And Mark Neumann could not be found.”

Neumann caught ... stretching the truth, once again.

LibertyIn08
10-10-2011, 03:35 PM
DATE: October 7, 2011
TO: Legislative Colleagues
RE: Co-sponsorship of LRB 1984/1 Taxpayer Protection Amendment to Wisconsin Constitution
Deadline: Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 2pm

The Taxpayer Protection Amendment will empower voters through referendums to vote on new tax increases and the extension of taxes to new things. It will require referendums in order to increase spending above the growth rate of population or inflation. Referendums would also be required in order to increase debt beyond 7% of the budget. The amendment will apply to state and local governments and school districts. I would appreciate your co-sponsorship.

Analysis by the Legislative Reference Bureau:
This proposed constitutional amendment, proposed to the 2011 legislature on first consideration, provides that the state, or a school district, technical college district, or other local governmental unit that collects revenue, excluding a town that has less than $1,000,000 in allowable revenue, may not collect more in allowable revenue in any fiscal year than the amount of its allowable revenue in the previous fiscal year, increased by the lesser of the average percentage increase for the three most recent years available in the consumer price index for Milwaukee−Racine or the average percentage increase in state personal income for the three most recent years available, plus:
1. For the state, the estimated percentage increase, if any, from the previous year in state population.
2. For school districts, the annual percentage increase, if any, in student enrollment, averaged over the previous three years.
3. For technical college districts and all other local governmental units, the percentage increase, if any, from the previous year in taxable property value
attributable to new construction, less the value of any taxable property removed or demolished in that district or governmental unit.

Under the proposed constitutional amendment, revenues collected in excess of allowable revenue are returned to taxpayers in the next fiscal year or, in the case of the state, deposited into a budget stabilization fund. The legislature may spend from the budget stabilization fund only to provide tax relief, for certain emergency events, or in any fiscal year in which the amount of allowable revenue is greater than the amount of collected revenue. The state or any local governmental unit may increase its allowable revenue, incur debt service by an amount that exceeds seven percent of allowable revenue, or exclude any tax, fee, or charge from allowable revenue only with the approval of the electorate at a referendum.

Under the proposed constitutional amendment, a local governmental unit may exempt itself from any new mandate imposed by the state that is not fully funded by the state or from any mandate for which the state reduces the percentage of the costs the state pays for the mandate.

A proposed constitutional amendment requires adoption by two successive legislatures, and ratification by the people, before it can become effective.

If interested in co-sponsoring LRB 1984/1 please contact my office at 6-3512. You will be added to both the Assembly and Senate bill unless you indicate otherwise.

Rob Kovach
Chief of Staff
Office of State Senator Frank Lasee

willwash
10-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Joe Miller could have given it another go in Alaska if he hadnb't f**ked it away with that effing lawsuit against Murkowski

LibertyIn08
10-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Joe Miller could have given it another go in Alaska if he hadnb't f**ked it away with that effing lawsuit against Murkowski

Probably so.

Zap!
10-11-2011, 02:44 AM
The next Senatorial election in Alaska isn't until 2014. Joe Miller will win it next time.

LibertyIn08
10-11-2011, 10:38 AM
The next Senatorial election in Alaska isn't until 2014. Joe Miller will win it next time.

Focus right now should be on 2012 Senate races where we can make a big impact.

Zap!
10-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Focus right now should be on 2012 Senate races where we can make a big impact.

Oh, I will. I'm just a big supporter of Joe Miller. It would have been wonderful to have had him in the Senate. He could have been Ron Paul's running mate next year.

LibertyIn08
10-11-2011, 03:30 PM
State Senator Frank Lasee Has Scheduled a Public Hearing for Proposal that Guarantees Freedom of Choice in Health Care for Wisconsin

Madison, WI –Next Tuesday, October 11th at 3:30 pm in Room 411 South in the State Capitol, the Senate Committee on Insurance and Housing (of which Senator Lasee is the Chairman) will hold a hearing on SJR-21, the proposed Health Care Freedom Amendment to the Wisconsin Constitution. This proposed amendment guarantees you the right to choice in health insurance. If you choose not to have insurance or maintain coverage differing from the specifications of the Federal Government healthcare program, the amendment gives you the freedom to do so.

“Washington has decided that they are going to create a one-size, fits-all healthcare plan for all Americans. They are going to give it to some people for free and charge everybody else more. This amendment will guarantee you and everyone else the ability to choose the healthcare policies that you would like to have, instead of the ones the government in Washington decides to give many people--and charge you for it,” said Senator Lasee.

The hearing is open to the public, we invite you to attend and express your support for this Constitutional amendment. The hearing will take place on Tuesday, October 11th at 3:30pm in Room 411 South.

LibertyIn08
10-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Of the four, Frank Lasee will contest Neumann as the most conservative. He introduced TABOR (Taxpayer Bill of Rights) in 2004 and I see that my Tommy joined with Lasee and Neumann in signing Grover Norquist's Taxpayer Protection Pledge. (Which TGT can do without fear or embarrassment because he never has raised taxes.)

Lasee won't claim tea party endorsement -- much too soon for that -- but he is counting on tea party support, where he is well known. On the debit side, he is unknown outside tea party circles in most of the state -- except in the Green Bay mass media market, which is larger than Madison's and therefore, consequential.

[...]

Lasee (pronounced "La Say") would not identify a favorite in the presidential race. But he did bite on the interviewer's other trick. The book he recommends is Road to Serfdom, the classic indictment of centrally planned economies written by Friedrich von Hayek.

http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/article.php?article=34893

LibertyIn08
10-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Bump.

CaseyJones
10-17-2011, 03:33 PM
we must have support for a Ron Paul Presidency in the House and the Senate! Liberty candidates Powers Activate!!!

eduardo89
10-17-2011, 03:39 PM

I sure hope so. That was probably the most upsetting defeat of 2010.

LibertyIn08
10-21-2011, 04:46 AM

Agreed.

Zap!
10-21-2011, 02:42 PM

I agree. I really wanted Sharon Angle to win too, but Miller was even better.

LibertyIn08
10-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Lasee has signed the Contract from America and rumor has it he will do the same for Audit the Fed.

LibertyIn08
10-27-2011, 02:21 AM
He has officially signed the C4L's audit the fed contract.

LibertyIn08
10-29-2011, 01:04 PM
http://www.ontopmag.com/article.aspx?id=9936&MediaType=1&Category=26

LibertyIn08
11-04-2011, 08:25 AM
http://wsau.com/podcasts/jerry-bader-show/jerry-talks-frank-lasee/

Frank on WI Politics.