PDA

View Full Version : [RADIO] Called in on Major Rock Station WAAF in Boston to Talk About the USPS 'situation'

Sentient Void
09-20-2011, 05:17 PM
On the prominent Boston area rock station WAAF this morning during the 'Hill-Man Morning Show' - they were talking about the USPS and the problems it was having. I called in and chimed in about how most people don't realize that it's actually *illegal* to compete with the USPS in the delivery of snail mail - and that the solution is we should legalize the free market and legalize competition in the market with the USPS.

I then talked about how Lysander Spooner offered private competition to the USPS in the late 1800s and actually did a better and cheaper job delivering the mail, and they shut him down.

One of my many libertarian interjections in the show ;-) I call in every once in a while on topics of note (war, civil liberties, government, the economy, etc).

The other reason I brought this up, is why don't we utilize some guerilla marketing of libertarian philosophy and call in on prominent Radio Shows more often when we see bulletproof opportunities to spread our libertarian propaganda? It's no cost to us - and if we can get people to think through this free avenue, then it would only help us.

Of course, I feel only very reasonable and intelligent people should be doing this - we don't want people calling in sounding like whack jobs and saying things that will cause knee-jerk reactions from everyone in hating our perspective.

Nate-ForLiberty
09-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Changing the conversation. This is a priority.

Nice work!

matt0611
09-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Thats cool!

I'm from MA, so I know the show, I've listened to it before. I usually hear them talking crap about Obama which is good.

I wonder if we can find audio of the show? Would be cool to hear your call.

+rep for doing btw

BuddyRey
09-20-2011, 05:43 PM
I think if I were listening to a rock station and somebody mentioned Lysander Spooner, I would SQUEE so loud and forcefully I'd run my car off the road.

Sentient Void
09-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Thats cool!

I'm from MA, so I know the show, I've listened to it before. I usually hear them talking crap about Obama which is good.

I wonder if we can find audio of the show? Would be cool to hear your call.

+rep for doing btw

Yeah, Greg Hill and LB usually talk shit about Obama, but it's usually typical Republican crap-talking. Oftentimes it's just partisan hackery, IMO. But not always. Spaz is the resident leftist - I've called in and argued for Spaz on a few occasions for the pro-civil liberty side.

I went to their website and listened to the podcasts - but they have it cut out. It was literally *right* after the Obama 'Looney Tune' about the USPS not delivering mail on Saturdays, and right before the interview with the Bruins player, Brad Marchand - around 8:25 AM.

I think if I were listening to a rock station and somebody mentioned Lysander Spooner, I would SQUEE so loud and forcefully I'd run my car off the road.

Haha, me too! I saw an opportunity, and I fuckin' took it. I'd call in much more often, but I usually only listen to them OMW to work, and only call when I'm stuck in traffic.