PDA

View Full Version : USA Today poll: Ron Paul is a top-tier candidate

sailingaway
09-20-2011, 01:33 PM
USA Today poll: Ron Paul is a top-tier candidate

Read more: http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articles/usa-today-poll-ron-paul-is-a-top-tier-candidate/#ixzz1YWUJ2iWG

wgadget
09-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Those three words are music to my ears.

Sentinelrv
09-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Wow, this is what we've been waiting for. Now we just need more of the media to join in.

bluesc
09-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Wow, this is what we've been waiting for. Now we just need more of the media to join in.

Drudge it! and the LA times article. I already did both, but he's not picking it up yet, not sure if he will. He does change the conversation of the media though, to an extent.

lucky_bg
09-20-2011, 01:54 PM
And there is a poll, bellow article.

anaconda
09-20-2011, 02:02 PM
This brings a top tear to my eye.

Travlyr
09-20-2011, 02:02 PM
And there is a poll, below article.

Thank you for voting!
Mitt Romney 11.85% (4,803 votes)
Rick Perry 13.71% (5,558 votes)
Michele Bachmann 3.09% (1,252 votes)
Ron Paul 71.35% (28,928 votes)
Total Votes: 40,541

Read more: http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articles/usa-today-poll-ron-paul-is-a-top-tier-candidate/#ixzz1YWbM0cBG

eworthington
09-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Here RCP's polling data as well. It's going to be hard for the media to keep ignoring Ron Paul.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-1452.html

IndianaPolitico
09-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Top. Tier. Candidate.
Top. Tier. Candidate.
Top. Tier. Candidate.

YES!

jmdrake
09-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Thanks. +rep

BuddyRey
09-20-2011, 02:53 PM
We did it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, we gotta spread this SO far and SO wide that we guarantee anyone who even dabbles in the news cycle online sees it. Drudge, HuffPo, FB, Twitter, etc. etc. I'm gonna get started on that right this instant!

eleganz
09-20-2011, 03:05 PM
oh hellll yes AND hes destroying in the poll too! over 29,000 votes JUST for him!

BuddyRey
09-20-2011, 03:32 PM
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/its-now-official---usa-today-ron-paul-is-a-top-tier-candidate/question-2170807/

georgiaboy
09-20-2011, 03:38 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76RrdwElnTU

BuddyRey
09-20-2011, 04:25 PM
We gotta keep this bumped!

chudrockz
09-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Read and voted in poll, dominating!

Dianne
09-20-2011, 04:47 PM
What we all knew.... I don't believe his coverage will be increased at all, and Paul should be prepared for a huge FOX hit job in the upcoming debate.

Paul MUST, and I mean MUST control the two questions he gets... If they ask questions about the Federal Reserve and exclude the "expert" from the debate, but ask him something out of left field... Paul needs to take charge of the microphone and say "I'll answer that in a moment, but first I want to answer your question about the Federal Reserve. I've been in Congress for ____ years.. I have been leading the charge for an audit of the Federal Reserve, and indeed a disbanding of the Federal Reserve.

He needs to kick ass in the very short time they give him.

sailingaway
09-20-2011, 04:49 PM
What we all knew.... I don't believe his coverage will be increased at all, and Paul should be prepared for a huge FOX hit job in the upcoming debate.

Paul MUST, and I mean MUST control the two questions he gets... If they ask questions about the Federal Reserve and exclude the "expert" from the debate, but ask him something out of left field... Paul needs to take charge of the microphone and say "I'll answer that in a moment, but first I want to answer your question about the Federal Reserve. I've been in Congress for ____ years.. I have been leading the charge for an audit of the Federal Reserve, and indeed a disbanding of the Federal Reserve.

He needs to kick ass in the very short time they give him.

I agree he has to answer questions they don't ask him. I am sure Fox bringing Gary Johnson in, to the tune of having to modify their requirements for him alone, is aimed at Ron, as well. Hopefully it won't do anything beyond what the first one did, but I hope it doesn't distract RON. Ron has to be focussed on Romney and Perry, not on GJ.

enjerth
09-20-2011, 05:12 PM
I agree he has to answer questions they don't ask him. I am sure Fox bringing Gary Johnson in, to the tune of having to modify their requirements for him alone, is aimed at Ron, as well. Hopefully it won't do anything beyond what the first one did, but I hope it doesn't distract RON. Ron has to be focussed on Romney and Perry, not on GJ.

I disagree.

When they ask him some kind of nonsense question, and everyone else got a question on the Fed, he should politely say (before answering the question they asked) "I'd just like to remind you that I wrote a book about the Federal Reserve, and it seems silly that you would ask all of them about the Fed and not me. But to answer your question..." -- that's all. Simply point out how silly they are for ignoring him on important questions, and then carry on. He shouldn't try to force himself into the debate. I think it'd generate a lot more interest and hook people to LOOK at him and research him. Many people will likely find it offensive and disrespectful to the forum if he goes answering a question he wasn't asked and ignoring the one he is asked.

sailingaway
09-20-2011, 05:31 PM
I disagree.

When they ask him some kind of nonsense question, and everyone else got a question on the Fed, he should politely say (before answering the question they asked) "I'd just like to remind you that I wrote a book about the Federal Reserve, and it seems silly that you would ask all of them about the Fed and not me. But to answer your question..." -- that's all. Simply point out how silly they are for ignoring him on important questions, and then carry on. He shouldn't try to force himself into the debate. I think it'd generate a lot more interest and hook people to LOOK at him and research him. Many people will likely find it offensive and disrespectful to the forum if he goes answering a question he wasn't asked and ignoring the one he is asked.

I think everyone else answered at least one question that hadn't been answered, after first quickly shooting an answer to what they were asked, and Ron could do the same. I think calling them silly is more disrespectful, actually. But I wasn't suggesting he ignore the question he was asked, just that he also answer the one he wasn't asked.

Billay
09-20-2011, 05:36 PM
W00t!

BuddyRey
09-20-2011, 05:40 PM
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/its-now-official---usa-today-ron-paul-is-a-top-tier-candidate/question-2170807/

Got this question into SH's Hot section. Could use a bit of help if anyone has an account there! :)

speciallyblend
09-20-2011, 05:44 PM
We did it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, we gotta spread this SO far and SO wide that we guarantee anyone who even dabbles in the news cycle online sees it. Drudge, HuffPo, FB, Twitter, etc. etc. I'm gonna get started on that right this instant!

buddy rey can you do me a favor? make a thread with all the contacts etc you are emailing etc links and info and make a thread. i am at work right now but when i get offwork . i want to also spread this far and wide!! I think you making a seperate thread would be great with contact info and a plan:)

KramerDSP
09-20-2011, 05:44 PM
Not to be a debbie downer, but isn't "The State" site the 2012 equivalent of the Gambling911 site from 2008? The LA Times article should definently be shared everywhere (unfortunately because it is "mainstream" and more "believeable"), but a lot of us appear to be overreacting when "The State" has favorable RP articles, because that website almost definently is run by Ron Paul supporters.

sailingaway
09-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Got this question into SH's Hot section. Could use a bit of help if anyone has an account there! :)

I 'raved' it, I'm not sure if that is what I was supposed to do?

sailingaway
09-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Not to be a debbie downer, but isn't "The State" site the 2012 equivalent of the Gambling911 site from 2008? The LA Times article should definently be shared everywhere (unfortunately because it is "mainstream" and more "believeable"), but a lot of us appear to be overreacting when "The State" has favorable RP articles, because that website almost definently is run by Ron Paul supporters.

I've seen pro-other candidate pieces. I do think they are more sensitive to traffic than the LA Times. But the LA Times said he was top tier, as well, just more grudgingly. However, I certainly would rather people be impressed by the State Column then have us persuade people not to pay attention to them.

The Bavarian
09-20-2011, 05:54 PM
This topic made my day.

I await more such news.

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Did USA Today/Gallup poll Ron Paul vs. Obama? I've been seeing Romney 49% and Perry 45% all day, but no result for Dr. Paul.

BuddyRey
09-21-2011, 03:34 PM
buddy rey can you do me a favor? make a thread with all the contacts etc you are emailing etc links and info and make a thread. i am at work right now but when i get offwork . i want to also spread this far and wide!! I think you making a seperate thread would be great with contact info and a plan:)

I would man, but I don't even use email, let alone have any contacts. I do all my online communication (business, personal, and political) on forums and social networking sites.