PDA

View Full Version : RevPac Boost

tremendoustie
09-20-2011, 10:42 AM
I'll match all donations to RevPac up to a total of $100. Please post receipts below. Thanks!

Napolitanic Wars
09-20-2011, 10:46 AM
http://i55.tinypic.com/35c2b9h.jpg

So, if 23 people donate $100 you will donate $2,300?

Matthew5
09-20-2011, 10:48 AM
haha I think he means he'll donate a total of $100, so more like four $25 donations. :p

Napolitanic Wars
09-20-2011, 11:01 AM
haha I think he means he'll donate a total of $100, so more like four $25 donations. :p

Oh.

I donated $50. I don't have a receipt because I never wrote my email. Durr. I don't know why they said they would email me if they don't have the info.

BTW has "Plastic Men" actually aired in Iowa and NH?

tremendoustie
09-20-2011, 11:04 AM

Yes this. I wish I were rich enough to do what NW suggests ;). It's gotta be new donations -- from after this thread was started.

Napolitanic Wars
09-20-2011, 11:06 AM
It's gotta be new donations -- from after this thread was started.

Yes I just donated, but don't include me--that way more can donate. ;)

sailingaway
09-20-2011, 11:17 AM
Remember that the end of quarter push for the campaign quarterly totals is still ongoing and that Ron's quarter numbers will be reported by media. For those who haven't maxed out, I would think that is the place to focus first. For those who have maxed out and can donate more, obviously, revpac is a great option.

However, I note that Ron's money bomb and end of quarter push was set up before RevPac existed, and I am concerned that fundraising at the same time as Ron's end of quarter push may be eating into Ron's numbers. Ron really needs to be competitive, and his funding needs to show he can go the distance, at the end of the quarter.

tremendoustie
09-20-2011, 11:26 AM
Remember that the end of quarter push for the campaign quarterly totals is still ongoing and that Ron's quarter numbers will be reported by media. For those who haven't maxed out, I would think that is the place to focus first. For those who have maxed out and can donate more, obviously, revpac is a great option.

However, I note that Ron's money bomb and end of quarter push was set up before RevPac existed, and I am concerned that fundraising at the same time as Ron's end of quarter push may be eating into Ron's numbers. Ron really needs to be competitive, and his funding needs to show he can go the distance, at the end of the quarter.

Tell you what -- if you set up another thread matching up to $100 for the Ron Paul campaign, I'll be the first poster, with a $20 donation.

sailingaway
09-20-2011, 11:43 AM
Tell you what -- if you set up another thread matching up to $100 for the Ron Paul campaign, I'll be the first poster, with a $20 donation.

I'm surprised you'd be donating to RevPac before maxing out to the campaign. For people who have not maxed out to the campaign yet, the maximum benefit to Ron is to donate to the campaign, and he particularly needs it before the end of the quarter. As for me, I've already donated more than I planned this month, but if I break down again before the end of the quarter, I'll keep your offer in mind.

tremendoustie
09-20-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm surprised you'd be donating to RevPac before maxing out to the campaign. For people who have not maxed out to the campaign yet, the maximum benefit to Ron is to donate to the campaign

I disagree, I think it's extremely helpful for RevPac to be well funded also.

As for me, I've already donated more than I planned this month, but if I break down again before the end of the quarter, I'll keep your offer in mind.

Sounds good! The offer stands for anyone willing to make that thread for the official campaign, btw.

This thread's offer for RevPac stands until 11:59PM EST. :)

LibertyEagle
09-20-2011, 01:13 PM
I disagree, I think it's extremely helpful for RevPac to be well funded also.

That's not what he said. He was talking about the importance of maxing out to the campaign first, before contributing to RevPac. After all, that was the intention of RevPac, in addition to being a place that corporations could support Ron Paul beyond the 2500 limit.

You're right. Both are important. But, if we do not fund the campaign, they cannot open new offices, run much needed advertisements and keep Ron traveling around campaigning. And that doesn't even touch on the importance of the quarterly numbers and how they will reflect on the health of the campaign. If they are not good, it will be devastating.

tremendoustie
09-20-2011, 01:27 PM
You're right. Both are important. But, if we do not fund the campaign, they cannot open new offices, run much needed advertisements and keep Ron traveling around campaigning.

The campaign has gotten millions, RevPac thousands. I believe showing this ad in Iowa and NH, at least on a limited run, is as important as any other campaign goal. IT IS the much needed advertisement.

My goal in this thread is not to start a debate about the relative merits of various funds, it is to help raise money for RevPac. If your priority is to raise more money for the official campaign, a goal I also support, I suggest you go ahead and create that matching thread. As I say, I'll be the first donor.

I am sure, as a pro-liberty person, that you respect people's right to use their own money to donate to causes they are inspired by, and believe in.