PDA

View Full Version : Advice: Beware of Infighting

Swmorgan77
06-14-2007, 12:18 AM
This effort is reaching a tipping point towards become a very real juggernaut to restore the republic.

We need to be wary of infighting and divisiveness.

Because I believe that there is a strong spirtual element involved here, I fully expect that this problem WILL (and probably already is) rear its ugly head in many meetup groups.

You do not need to be some sort of covert agent with ill-intent to serve the purposes of those who wish us to fail.

If you find yourself taking offense, fighting for what you think is your "position" in any regard, no matter how correct you might be then CHECK YOUR HEAD and Check your priorities. Blow it off and get on with the constructive, postive efforts that will help in our efforts. If you feel that someone has unjustly limited your sphere of authority or influence, then simply do everything you can with what you have left and let it go, for the sake of our posterity.

If you have individuals going behind the backs of others and trying to engage you in infighting, politely and lovingly tell them that you are too busy with the real work to worry about such things and suggest they do the same.

We are naive if we think we will be immune to the tactics that always rear their heads in the type of effort we are involved in here. Let's just be ready to deal with it by not engaging or participating in it.

Spirit of '76
06-14-2007, 12:23 AM
Good advice. :)

austin356
06-14-2007, 12:24 AM
yea, something of the sort happened with my group. People were sending emails and it was pissing people off because some 30 or so were sent out to everyone in a day. It turned out that people did not know that they were writing to the group but thought they were sending private messages.

After some threats to leave we got things cleared up and now doubled in size. And now we are slightly above where we should be in membership relative to size (46th largest metro in nation)(37th largest membership)......

angrydragon
06-14-2007, 12:31 AM
I find it good to to say like, "good I'm glad you agree with me on that part" or "educate me with your knowledge". Just keeping talking with the facts and rationality, try to keep the emotions aside as much as possible.

ronpaulitician
06-14-2007, 12:26 PM
Removed by user.

angrydragon
06-14-2007, 12:28 PM
What was the remark?

NewEnd
06-14-2007, 12:44 PM
tghre s no room for racism. A racist can rail against many things in America, but as soon as he/she starts to disparage a peoples, he/she should be called out.

beermotor
06-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Racists are collectivists, never forget that. They have to be shown the door immediately. Get 'em gone.

ronpaulitician
06-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Removed by user.

johngr
06-14-2007, 02:58 PM
I don't think it's cool to insult people -- on the other hand most often when I see the word "racist" used 1) it's used against white people -- the corresponding attitude or behavior (even more to the extreme) on the part of anyone else is not considered such 2) it's meaning in almost every context most closely approximates "asshole", "sinner" or "I don't have a good counter-argument. I dismiss it as an essentially meaningless word. Many of the "racists" I know are people, far from collectivists, who merely want to exercise their freedom of association. They don't want to be "supreme" to or lord it over anyone.

Therion
06-14-2007, 05:19 PM
tghre s no room for racism. A racist can rail against many things in America, but as soon as he/she starts to disparage a peoples, he/she should be called out.

While working on the campaign it'd probably be best to ignore the subject altogether.

LibertyEagle
06-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Therion, maybe you're right, but I wonder how very many people we lose because someone who has identified him or herself as a Ron Paul supporter starts throwing racial epithets or starts preaching about how everything wrong is all about the jews. When I see this kind of thing, it just makes my heart sink. We have enough to do to follow after those in media who are misrepresenting Dr. Paul's positions, without having to make excuses for some of these other folks.

We can take the stance that it's their right to say whatever they want and that would be true; however, it is reality that these types of comments stick in the minds of others who are taking a look at Dr. Paul and we may lose them before they even have a chance to see his stances.

I think we all need to be careful about what we say, especially in a post where we are mentioning Dr. Paul's name, and especially if we have a "handle" with ronpaul4pres or something similar.

RJB
06-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Just remember we are the face of Ron Paul to those who don't know him. I try to engage in debate as he does by sticking to the facts as written out in the constitution. When I mess up is when I let my passion for a belief get the better of me.