PDA

View Full Version : Tips to help the campaign...

Tumn1s
09-20-2011, 12:32 AM
Here's a few things I've noticed that the campaign could improve on to better market themselves:

1. Have merch stands at every rally selling campaign swag. I went to the rally after the SC Palmetto forum and there were probably about 250 to 300 people there. Probably only about 15-20% (at best) of the people there had a Ron Paul shirt, sign, button or whatever... This has got to be improved on. I think a lot of the people who show up to these rallies after events would gladly donate money on the spot or buy a shirt. Especially if they're new to the campaign. Remember, not everyone gets exposed to Ron Paul on the internet, especially older people. We've got to do a better job getting them involved.

2. I visited all the other candidates sites after reading that they made virtually no mention of the constitution in their platforms. Ever since I did that... I've been hit by a ton of re-marketing ads from the Romney campaign (mostly banner ads on other sites, even here on the RP Forums!!!). All of the ads lead directly to his campaign donation page. Ron Paul's campaign needs to be using some of it's campaign cash to do google, facebook, yahoo, and bing PPC ads just like this. He could even do them and restrict them to the battle ground states he's currently fighting for and on facebook, restrict them to voters from certain political parties or who are a part of other campaign pages. $100,000 in ads would certainly generate a lot of interest as well as donations... they could even link the ads to some of his amazing video's on Youtube.

3. Organize grassroots events like sign bombs, end the fed rallies (there's a fed bank here in my town), etc. Since the spontaneous grassroots events seem to not be happening as much as they were in 08' because the campaign is bigger and taking a bit more control... they should start organizing country wide grassroots events for everyone to participate in. Just think if there was a national day of protest outside every branch of the Fed! (I'm sure the tea party would get involved too!)

If you guys have any more ideas about what the campaign can be doing to better market themselves and harness their grassroots support, post it up. (TV ads, Infomercials, etc are all obvious things... be creative!)

bluesc
09-20-2011, 12:43 AM
Welcome to the forums! All good suggestions. On the internet front I'd say build twitter followers, definitely do targeted ads, ect. I don't see a tweet from the campaign about the moneybomb asking for donations. I wonder how many of those 64,000 followers would have donated?

Twitter is hugely important IMO. There are people around here who know exactly how to build his followers on there.

Hire a social networking expert please!

Tumn1s
09-20-2011, 12:56 PM
I've actually gotten really involved on twitter lately. Although I gotta say, it's pretty hard to change some peoples minds. You've got to be really prepared to outwit other people and be able to provide resources to back up your arguments. Then you have to hope that they actually listen... The biggest problem I have with twitter is that the userbase is a lot smaller than other social networking sites. I'm also kinda amazed that Ron Paul has over 500,000 facebook fans, yet only 4% of them donated to the campaign during the last money bomb. They need to do a better job of harnessing facebook and driving their message home. He should post up some of his very inspirational youtube videos and ask his fans to repost them... people are posting them already... but not nearly as much as they could be. If he used that tactic... I see huge potential in many of his videos going viral.

ZanZibar
09-20-2011, 02:57 PM
1. Have merch stands at every rally selling campaign swag.Enormous logistical problems with this. Shipping the merch is expensive. Then there has to be someone from the campaign to actually sell the merch. Most of that will be cost prohibitive.

The best bet is to order it from the website.

2. I visited all the other candidates sites after reading that they made virtually no mention of the constitution in their platforms. Ever since I did that... I've been hit by a ton of re-marketing ads from the Romney campaign (mostly banner ads on other sites, even here on the RP Forums!!!). All of the ads lead directly to his campaign donation page. Ron Paul's campaign needs to be using some of it's campaign cash to do google, facebook, yahoo, and bing PPC ads just like this. He could even do them and restrict them to the battle ground states he's currently fighting for and on facebook, restrict them to voters from certain political parties or who are a part of other campaign pages. $100,000 in ads would certainly generate a lot of interest as well as donations... they could even link the ads to some of his amazing video's on Youtube.They've done variations from that.

3. Organize grassroots events like sign bombs, end the fed rallies (there's a fed bank here in my town), etc.Why not focus on activities that will measurably increase the amount of votes that RP receives in the polls? Phone banking, door-to-door are the most effective.