PDA

View Full Version : How can I get a copy of "The One"...?

RonPaul101.com
09-19-2011, 08:39 PM
Does anyone know where to get a high resolution downloadable copy of the Ron Paul ad "The One"? The only place I found where you can actually download it is a very poor copy.

bluesc
09-19-2011, 09:01 PM
The campaign didn't upload it in 720p, only 360p. I have the file, it's only 5MB, same quality as it is on youtube. I can upload it to a filehost for you if you want.

bluesc
09-19-2011, 09:12 PM
Converted it to mp4 and shrunk file size, still same quality. A higher quality version isn't available as far as I know.

DL here: http://www.mediafire.com/?q8z59jravv9xaio

RonPaul101.com
09-19-2011, 09:17 PM
Thanks. I'm a bit of a novice in audio video tech, but if 1080p is full high def, and 720p is limited high def, is 360p the resolution of a standard def (old school) TV?

bluesc
09-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Thanks. I'm a bit of a novice in audio video tech, but if 1080p is full high def, and 720p is limited high def, is 360p the resolution of a standard def (old school) TV?

I'm not so great with that either :p. Standard def (as far as I know) is 480i, which is interlaced, which causes stuttering on computer monitors (at least mine). This video is 360p, which is progressive. Progressive video is preferred for computer monitors, so while being a lower resolution, probably looks much better without stuttering.

If that makes no sense, it's because I'm hardly an expert myself :p.

RonPaul101.com
09-20-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm not so great with that either :p. Standard def (as far as I know) is 480i, which is interlaced, which causes stuttering on computer monitors (at least mine). This video is 360p, which is progressive. Progressive video is preferred for computer monitors, so while being a lower resolution, probably looks much better without stuttering.

If that makes no sense, it's because I'm hardly an expert myself :p.

No, you're fine. I understand my P's and I's, but I don't know how a 360p will look broadcasted. I have a volunteer who is going to run this on a closed circuit system that will reach a bunch (though not a ton) of registered R's. I spoke with the campaign and got permission to use any approved and unedited versions of their ads, but I have been having trouble getting a copy that I am convinced is broadcast ready. I guess I can burn it and play it on my DVD player. I would hate to broadcast a choppy, low res commercial, it would be an embarrassment which would defeat the purpose.

+ REP for all your help though, thanks.