PDA

View Full Version : CA - Cop: "No, shoot that (expletive) dog!"

Anti Federalist
09-19-2011, 08:28 PM
This one is a little convoluted.

It seems that in the confusion of barked orders (no pun intended) and hollering by the growing thugscrum at the Mundane and his dog, the dog got loose, with predicable results.

A calm and rational approach might have allowed time for the owner to get the dog on leash and control him or bring him inside.

Sheriff's deputies kill dog in search for armed man in Norwalk

Saturday, September 17, 2011

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8358480&rss=rss-kabc-article-8358480

NORWALK, Calif. (KABC) -- The owner of a dog shot dead by Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies Saturday is speaking out about the way the situation was handled.

Deputies were canvassing a Norwalk neighborhood for a man with a gun at 161 Street about 3:30 p.m.

Eddie Perez says they asked him to remove his pit bull from the backyard so they could search it. He says he told the deputies he needed a leash for the 2-year-old dog, Ziggy, but says he was ordered to bring the dog out anyway.

A neighbor captured what happened next on camera: Ziggy spotted the deputies' canine and broke free to attack the police dog.

"I'm telling the Sheriff's, 'Taser my dog, Taser my dog.' His exact words were, 'No, shoot that (expletive) dog,'" Perez said.

With his assault rifle drawn, witnesses said one of the deputies shot Ziggy in the head as about a dozen kids looked on.

"They shot the dog in front of everybody," said Eric Castaneda, a witness. "My daughter, she's 12 years old, she just ran in crying. How could they do that?"

Witnesses said the dog limped back to its home before collapsing in the driveway.

Perez said he is devastated by Ziggy's death, but what upsets him most is how the situation was handled.

"They don't apologize," he said. "They saw their dog was more important to them than my dog. They're the ones that told me to do what I did. They're not taking responsibility for it."

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department has not commented on the incident.

Perez said the deputies didn't end up searching his backyard and that he later found the suspect's weapon.

Perez said he has hired an attorney.

Philhelm
09-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Maybe some college kids should organize a protest... :rolleyes: All I can say is that if someone murdered my dog...I would bide my time. That's all I'm saying.

flightlesskiwi
09-19-2011, 08:39 PM
wow. just wow.

i give zero respect to the police dog handler. i'll have to see the video, but from the stills on the abc video... just wow.

cesar millan could have broken that sh*t up without shooting the damn dog in the head.

Anti Federalist
09-19-2011, 08:41 PM
wow. just wow.

i give zero respect to the police dog handler. i'll have to see the video, but from the stills on the abc video... just wow.

cesar millan could have broken that sh*t up without shooting the damn dog in the head.

Shoot first and...well, nothing.

Move along, Mundane, nothing to see here.

linusPAULing
09-19-2011, 09:06 PM
I'd like to know who's responsible for training cops to shoot dogs throughout the entire country?

I wonder if insurance companies have anything to do with it?

Pericles
09-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Maybe some college kids should organize a protest... :rolleyes: All I can say is that if someone murdered my dog...I would bide my time. That's all I'm saying.

Yep, they would never be able to tell if he jumped or was pushed .....

Brian4Liberty
09-19-2011, 09:26 PM
This one is a little convoluted.

Yep, something doesn't make sense. If you listen to the report, they wanted to look for a gunman in the backyard where the pit-bull was. Does the pit-bull let random people jump into it's yard? Then at the end of the report, she says that the police never searched his yard, yet the homeowner found the gun in his backyard? Something doesn't add up. Maybe the gunman threw the gun into the yard? Or maybe the gunman was a resident of the house, so the dog let him into the yard?

Anti Federalist
09-20-2011, 01:57 PM
///

DamianTV
09-20-2011, 04:15 PM
The entire thing is somewhat reminiscent of a Cop giving an order to "Go stand in a Firing Line so we can Kill You!". They may just as well start giving orders like "Go commit a crime so I have a valid reason to kill you, otherwise I'll just kill you", which is really really scary.

The worst part is of course shooting the dog, the dog that has no idea what a gun is or what it can do or what is about to happen, or, what the poor dog did to deserve being shot.

Dr.3D
09-20-2011, 04:18 PM
Deputies were canvassing a Norwalk neighborhood for a man with a gun at 161 Street about 3:30 p.m.

Seems they found a man with a gun. All they had to do is get a dog out there for him to shoot. Brings them out every time.