PDA

View Full Version : Key to Victory - Transferring Bachmann, Gingrich, Cain supporters to Paul?

runamuck
09-19-2011, 08:04 PM
Thoughts?

BSU kid
09-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Bachmann already lost her supporters to Perry. (I wouldn't want them anyways)

blakjak
09-19-2011, 08:18 PM
we definitely need to covet these supporters. to win the general (after the primary), we're going to need ALL the repubs on board anyway, so why alienate them?

NathandWarren
09-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Nobody was born a Ron Paul supporter (except for maybe Rand).

CTRattlesnake
09-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Nobody was born a Ron Paul supporter (except for maybe Rand).

nobody is born a supporter of anyone...not sure what your point is

FSP-Rebel
09-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Why anyone's supporters go to the person that their person attacks is beyond me. If they did, great testimony to Fox and all their glorification of Perry.

RonPaulFever
09-19-2011, 08:47 PM

That's a great thing to post on a public forum where a former Bachmann supporter might come to look for info on Ron Paul.

tangent4ronpaul
09-19-2011, 08:54 PM
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/2011/0513/Election-101-Ron-Paul-sets-sights-on-2012.-Ten-things-to-know-about-him/Who-exactly-is-his-base

3. Who, exactly, is his base?

Paul is hoping to capture the votes that most of his more mainstream GOP opponents will miss. That means libertarians, young voters, constitutionalists, and tea party purists.

And, says Doherty, Paul has a secret fan base that could tip him into the big leagues: apathetic voters.

“To a large extent, Ron Paul is picking from that crowd – apathetics. If you can find that politically, that’s huge,” says Doherty, saying more than 40 percent of Americans didn’t vote in 2008.

“Even people who aren’t political love his message, and they love him.”

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/2011/0513/Election-101-Ron-Paul-sets-sights-on-2012.-Ten-things-to-know-about-him/What-is-his-platform

His unusual stances attract an equally unusual coalition of supporters: ACLU sympathizers and youths who like his opposition to the Patriot Act and his call to decriminalize marijuana; tea partyers who appreciate his strict fiscal message; religious voters who agree with his opposition to abortion; and antiwar types who back his opposition to the Iraq war.

BSU kid
09-19-2011, 08:56 PM
That's a great thing to post on a public forum where a former Bachmann supporter might come to look for info on Ron Paul.

Oops I guess I got "- rep" for that one.

Badger Paul
09-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Unusual campaigns call for unusual coalitions.

redmod79
09-19-2011, 09:03 PM
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/2011/0513/Election-101-Ron-Paul-sets-sights-on-2012.-Ten-things-to-know-about-him/Who-exactly-is-his-base

“To a large extent, Ron Paul is picking from that crowd – apathetics. If you can find that politically, that’s huge,” says Doherty, saying more than 40 percent of Americans didn’t vote in 2008.

This was me. Unfortunately I voted Obama in last election, the first time I voted, because I had to do anything possible to keep Palin from being in office. This time around, I wasn't planning on voting until I learned about Ron Paul last month. Now I'm getting into politics. Sadly, the only time I heard of him before was that he was crazy and didn't look into him. The media are very good at misinformation.

BSU kid
09-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Seriously Cain supporters are in play though. I know a guy from HS who likes Cain, will try to convert him to RP when Cain drops out. I refuse to do it now, as that is pretty much poaching. No?

doctor jones
09-19-2011, 09:37 PM
This was me. Unfortunately I voted Obama in last election, the first time I voted, because I had to do anything possible to keep Palin from being in office. This time around, I wasn't planning on voting until I learned about Ron Paul last month. Now I'm getting into politics. Sadly, the only time I heard of him before was that he was crazy and didn't look into him. The media are very good at misinformation.

Thanks for sharing. I hope there are a lot more of you out there. Welcome aboard! I ignored Ron Paul for nearly a full year in 2007 of friends trying to get me to check out a Texas Republican (The image of Bush immediately pops in ones head) and when I finally did it's changed the course of my life in many regards.

FriedChicken
09-19-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm working on getting an Iowa based project going where we make opinion survey calls to an individual, ask who they plan on supporting in the caucus, then ask them specific "yes or no" questions regarding that candidate.
The idea is to inform them a little more about their candidate of choice, in case they weren't aware of their records of supporting the patriot act, bailouts, etc.

After the survey we'll be asking if we can email them a comparison chart of all the candidates and their stances.

This is probably the best way I know of when it comes to converting the general public to Ron Paul.
In addition to this survey we'll also be contacting existing supporters to plug them into to local groups and share information with them on becoming delegates, speaking at the caucus, etc.

If you'd like to help PM me.

stefank
09-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Currently bachmann is polling at 5% percent and cain/gingrich at around 2-3% each if they should be easy to convert.

eaglesfan48
09-19-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm working on getting an Iowa based project going where we make opinion survey calls to an individual, ask who they plan on supporting in the caucus, then ask them specific "yes or no" questions regarding that candidate.
The idea is to inform them a little more about their candidate of choice, in case they weren't aware of their records of supporting the patriot act, bailouts, etc.

After the survey we'll be asking if we can email them a comparison chart of all the candidates and their stances.

This is probably the best way I know of when it comes to converting the general public to Ron Paul.
In addition to this survey we'll also be contacting existing supporters to plug them into to local groups and share information with them on becoming delegates, speaking at the caucus, etc.

If you'd like to help PM me.

Wow, that is awesome work. +1 rep

BTW, if we want to win, our supporters have to come from somewhere. Some people seem to get disgusted when we talk about getting supporters from other candidates. It doesn't make any sense, if you don't want to take supporters from other candidates, you don't want to win an election.

Paul4Prez
09-19-2011, 11:28 PM
Yes. Bachmann supporters are fiscal conservatives who are anti-Fed. Gingrich supporters are fiscal conservatives, and he has joined the anti-Fed band wagon. Cain supporters are independent thinkers who have already proven that they will back a non-Establishment candidate. Throw in Huntsman supporters, too, if you can find any. That's another potential 16 percent to add to Ron Paul's 13 percent, giving him 29 percent.

Santorum supporters are probably a lost cause though, and we want him to stay in, to draw votes from Perry.

LibertyEsq
09-19-2011, 11:29 PM

Yeah cause you know, who would actually want to win the primary?