PDA

View Full Version : Value Voters Summit Straw Poll? Is spending 50 bucks worth it?

libertybrewcity
09-19-2011, 05:55 PM
Is there for sure a straw poll at VVS? I can't find anything about it on the website.

I live right outside of DC and go to the DC events once in a while. I would probably only go to see Ron Paul and vote in the straw poll.

But, 50 dollars is kind of a lot of money just to do that. (broke college student, minimal income)

So my question is is it worth it to vote and spend the 50 bucks?

Also, anyone know when Ron Paul is speaking? Friday, Saturday, Sunday?

I think a win here would give us an edge. I am willing to go if you guys think it is worth it. I was at CPAC 2011 but the 11 dollar cost was awesome.

Agorism
09-19-2011, 05:57 PM
They have a straw poll every time so I don't see why they would suddenly stop having it.

There was one recently where they waited until the last minute to announce the straw poll. Not sure which one that was but no one could organize for it because they did that.

parocks
09-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Well, the California Straw Poll had 1 group funding people and another group (with rp08orbust) IDing supporters.

We did get a couple nice headlines out of it.

I think the answer is yes, provided there is a straw poll.

rp08orbust
09-19-2011, 05:59 PM
They have a straw poll every time so I don't see why they would suddenly stop having it.

There was one recently where they waited until the last minute to announce the straw poll. Not sure which one that was but no one could organize for it because they did that.

That was the Republican Leadership Conference this year. Both Ron Paul and Jon Huntsman organized for it.

tsai3904
09-19-2011, 06:10 PM
Scholarship for students:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?316916-If-you-are-a-student-and-are-planning-on-attending..

sabu140
09-19-2011, 06:25 PM
I was at RLC in New Orleans this year. This is an opportunity to bring material and also talk to the people in attendance. There will be a lot of old republicans and it means a lot to them to have a respectful conversation listening to them. I talked with some people in attendance and after having a nice conversation with me they were more supportive and understanding of Ron Paul.

Framing our words into a manner that they would be receptive to makes a big difference. I would say Ron Paul's stance on abortion from Liberty Defined would be a must read prior to going. Some of them think he is pro abortion. I clarified describing Ron Paul's own words showing him as the one with the best solutions.

I believe that people are just like computers because we are only as good as the information put into us. The media has given out misinformation and bias. Not everyone is born a Ron Paul supporter so we need to keep improving the attitudes of people on Ron Paul.

There are some that are rude on both sides but I would like to see us be more mature and polite even if they are disrepectful.

muzzled dogg
09-19-2011, 06:33 PM
yes dude its worth it

ideally we would win this with people from VA DE DC MD but no offense i dont trust yall lol

i'm drivin down from new england

muzzled dogg
09-19-2011, 06:34 PM
btw we have a forum section dedicated to this
and to which i'm moving this thread.

sailingaway
09-19-2011, 06:36 PM
btw we have a forum section dedicated to this
and to which i'm moving this thread.

this^^ and we have a separate forum because, yes, it is worth it, but only if people don't find it difficult to be polite to everyone,even if their views on socially conservative issues differ from theirs. It is outreach as well as a straw poll.

libertybrewcity
09-19-2011, 06:56 PM
cool, thanks everyone! I just applied for the scholarship. I don't know if I have a good reference, but I guess I'll find out! Maybe they will lower the student prices if I don't get it. I think I otherwise had a strong application!

Coolness

Aratus
09-19-2011, 09:14 PM
by comparison to michigan's mackinac at $125 and the presidency five at $175, fifty bucks sounds more reasonable and within range!

Aratus
09-20-2011, 09:35 PM
http://www.valuesvotersummit.org/ 23 minutes to register

MelissaWV
09-21-2011, 05:02 AM
I would also encourage you, especially with such a low set of expenses compared to most, to do a Chip-In to recoup your ticket cost if you had to pay and to help fill your gas tank :)

Aratus
09-21-2011, 11:44 AM
http://www.valuesvotersummit.org/ $75 dollar 'liberty' ticket on saturday! this is a must have!
wooooooot! go for it! you can vote in the poll! registration is back online! coooooooooooool!:cool:

IDefendThePlatform
09-21-2011, 01:34 PM
bump

Aratus
09-21-2011, 05:36 PM
thanks IDTP!