PDA

View Full Version : Terrorists are just depressed.

hkbrandt
09-19-2011, 04:07 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-adam-lankford/ron-paul-9-11_b_969112.html

torchbearer
09-19-2011, 04:14 PM
lulz

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Does that mean we should be over there treating them for depression instead of killing them? It would at least be an improvement. Pharmaceutical industry heard this yet? lol

moderate libertarian
09-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Over 4000 American and over 100,000 Iraqi civilians were killed by terrorism, "depression" is not a good enough excuse for such barbaric violence that harmed so many civilian lives.

ForLiberty2012
09-19-2011, 04:26 PM
War on Depression. Let's bomb them with Zoloft! Problem solved.

Dreamofunity
09-19-2011, 04:33 PM
A potential suicide bomber was... suicidal? You don't say.

When Paul responds to the tragedies of 9/11 by pointing the finger at U.S. foreign policy, he is engaging in the most transparent of offenses: victim-blaming. It is common for victims of violent crimes such as rape and assault to take responsibility upon themselves. It is natural for them to ask "Why did this happen to me?" and "What could I have done differently to avoid this pain and suffering?"

However, you don't tell a rape victim she should have worn a different dress, kept her friends closer, or not gone jogging. You don't tell a mugging victim he should have hidden his wristwatch, parked on a different street, or never made eye contact. You don't say those things because doing so is cruel, unhelpful -- and most importantly -- mere speculation.

This is an unfair comparison.

Instead you should have the rape victim blow up the raper's house, destroy his livelihood and any potential he has for a normal, stable life, all while brutally and indiscriminately slaughtering the raper's family. Then, have the act of rape be an act of revenge as the rape victim occupies the raper's rubble of a home. Also, repeat this process for all of the raper's relatives, and do it for generations. Furthermore, have the raper state in writing and elsewhere WHY he is raping the victim; then, maybe it would be a fair comparison.

Rape is still wrong, but don't ignore motivations, even if they're mostly out of desperation.

sevin
09-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Then how come depressed Americans aren't suicide bombing foreign armies? Oh, I know, because they don't have bases over here.

Philhelm
09-19-2011, 04:52 PM
Then how come depressed Americans aren't suicide bombing foreign armies? Oh, I know, because they don't have bases over here.

No, they're just not patriotic enough. :D

outspoken
09-19-2011, 06:38 PM
homocidal and suicidal tendancies are quite different... all ego based but one is much more devoid of conscience than the other.

goopc
09-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Here's an interview with a captured suicide bomber (http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/285/transcript) from Israel:

Ben-Eliezer, "Explain to me why you wanted to commit a suicide bombing in Israel. Was it for religious reasons?"

Ahmed, "No, it was something personal. I was in distress. I was depressed."

Ben-Eliezer, "Why did you want to commit suicide?"

Ahmed, "You killed my friend."

Ben-Eliezer, "Was he a close friend of yours?"

Ahmed, "Yes. We were friends for a year and a half."

Ben-Eliezer, "Did you live together?"

Ahmed, "No, of course not. There's no such thing in our society. But we were friends. And he was killed."

Ben-Eliezer, "So what did you want to happen? Did you want to kill innocent Jews in order to avenge his death?"

Dreamofunity
09-19-2011, 07:51 PM
And the more important portion, as to why she was depressed:

Ahmed, "You killed my friend."

and

"And they were talking about how they wanted to organize a reprisal action against all the military actions and everything that Israel had done to them in the last months. I sat and listened. I thought about Jad. And all of a sudden, I said to them, you know what? I'm going to do a suicide bombing"

CaptainAmerica
09-19-2011, 07:59 PM
"terrorists" more so are just citizens of a war ravaged nation which our military occupies currently. They are bitter,angry,sad and have nothing left to lose when they witnessed the destruction of their own nation,neighborhood and family. You may take away a mans wallet,and his guns ,but if you take away his family and love of life he will become a raging man with inescapable retaliation.

MarcNY
09-19-2011, 08:03 PM
I read this article and I must say, it was very weird. He was trying to say that the terrorists are depressed so why not bomb and attack America? Is he kidding?

wannaberocker
09-19-2011, 09:15 PM
Then we should fight them with zoloft ?

moderate libertarian
09-19-2011, 10:12 PM
homocidal and suicidal tendancies are quite different... all ego based but one is much more devoid of conscience than the other.

There are differences, suicide attack can be a tactical move too when a motivated attacker lacks other options as this shocking news of potential US F-16 airforce suicide attacker pilot shows:

Ex-fighter pilot recalls her 9/11 suicide mission

F-16 pilot Heather Penney was ordered to fly a suicide mission on Sept. 11, 2001, to bring down United Flight 93. "I would essentially be a kamikaze pilot," she recalls 10 years later.

By Steve Hendrix

The Washington Post

F-16 pilot Heather "Lucky" Penney was one of the first combat pilots in the air on Sept. 11; she and her commanding officer were directed to bring down hijacked Flight 93. Passengers would become the heroes instead.

On the Tuesday that changed everything, Lt. Heather "Lucky" Penney was on a runway at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland and ready to fly. She had her hand on the throttle of an F-16 and she had her orders: Bring down United Airlines Flight 93.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2016162502_sept11pilot10.html

Anti Federalist
09-19-2011, 10:45 PM
There is so fucking much wrong with that article, I don't even know where to begin.

There are differences, suicide attack can be a tactical move too when a motivated attacker lacks other options as this shocking news of potential US F-16 airforce suicide attacker pilot shows:

F-16 pilot Heather Penney was ordered to fly a suicide mission on Sept. 11, 2001, to bring down United Flight 93. "I would essentially be a kamikaze pilot," she recalls 10 years later.

By Steve Hendrix

The Washington Post

F-16 pilot Heather "Lucky" Penney was one of the first combat pilots in the air on Sept. 11; she and her commanding officer were directed to bring down hijacked Flight 93. Passengers would become the heroes instead.

On the Tuesday that changed everything, Lt. Heather "Lucky" Penney was on a runway at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland and ready to fly. She had her hand on the throttle of an F-16 and she had her orders: Bring down United Airlines Flight 93.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2016162502_sept11pilot10.html

Danke
09-20-2011, 04:05 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-adam-lankford/ron-paul-9-11_b_969112.html

123tim
09-20-2011, 05:16 AM
Perhaps we should conduct a study to see if a full scale invasion (or an attempted coup) of one country by another will cause depression in the citizens of that country?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-20-2011, 06:57 AM

I don't get it. Is that how an f-16 would take down a jetliner? I thought they'd have things they could shoot at them or something.

123tim
09-20-2011, 07:29 AM
I don't get it. Is that how an f-16 would take down a jetliner? I thought they'd have things they could shoot at them or something.

She did have bullets. Those seem to be reported in current articles too much.

Paul Revered
09-20-2011, 10:17 AM
"However, you don't tell a rape victim she should have worn a different dress, kept her friends closer, or not gone jogging."

Nope but that's a poor analogy. I would however tell a would rapist that he wouldn't have a shotgun rammed up his hind parts if he hadn't tried to rape my wife.

oyarde
09-20-2011, 10:42 AM
What am I missing here ? None of this makes sense to me .....

oyarde
09-20-2011, 10:43 AM
If they paid for that article , I suggest they hire FIRE 11 .

Voluntary Man
09-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Then we should fight them with zoloft ?

lol. i wondered how long it would take for big pharma to deal itself into the war profiteering.

oyarde
09-20-2011, 11:16 AM
lol. i wondered how long it would take for big pharma to deal itself into the war profiteering. Probably already have with the PTSD

moostraks
09-20-2011, 11:24 AM
hmm,
When someone asked why he and Atta never laughed, Shehhi retorted, "How can you laugh when people are dying in Palestine?"

http://books.google.com/books?id=fNqdmUnqTJUC&printsec=frontcover&dq=9+11+report&hl=en&ei=zsx4TtfFFPPK0AHLiKH5Cw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CEsQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q&f=false

In 1995, shortly before a three-month trip to Egypt, the country of his birth and upbringing, Mohamed Atta grew a beard. A beard is traditionally a sign of a devout Muslim man, but in this case it was also a defiantly political gesture, chosen to register disgust at the secular elite that ruled his homeland.

The Egyptian government was cracking down viciously on Islamic fundamentalists at the time. But Atta informed two German traveling companions that he would not be cowed by the country's "fat cats," who he believed were criminalizing religious traditionalists while bowing shamefully to the West in foreign and economic policies.

The beard "was a reaction," recalled Volker Hauth, a fellow student at Hamburg's Technical University, who traveled to Cairo with Atta in August 1995. "He was saying, 'I'm willing to show my religious convictions.' . . . He talked openly about the internal political situation in Egypt. That was his main topic."

As investigators around the world piece together the mechanics of the attacks on New York and Washington, they are expanding the known biography of one key suspect, Mohamed Atta, the alleged pilot of the first plane to slam into the World Trade Center.

In the details of his life are clues, tentative to be sure, about the making of a suicidal fanatic -- a devout, highly intelligent and diligent student who lived and moved easily within Western society while secretly hating it.

Acquaintances say the locus of Atta's rage, the subject that most animated him, was Egypt and the tension between its Western-oriented government and its Islamic fundamentalists.

Rage Was Born in Egypt, Nurtured in Germany, Inflicted on U.S.
http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/waymac/Sociology/A%20Term%201/5.%20Research%20Methods/world_trade_centre_assignment.htm

yeah... has nothing to do with our foreign policy decisions

Voluntary Man
09-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Probably already have with the PTSD

yeah. you're probably right.

timosman
11-21-2015, 03:07 AM

Rand said they didn't during Friday's forum - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?485597-Watch-Family-Leader-Forum-at-6-30-Central-(Rand-participating)

Working Poor
11-21-2015, 05:23 AM

They can't get funded here because we are too busy funding foreign terrorist.

Contumacious
11-21-2015, 12:11 PM
"terrorists" more so are just citizens of a war ravaged nation which our military occupies currently. They are bitter,angry,sad and have nothing left to lose when they witnessed the destruction of their own nation,neighborhood and family. You may take away a mans wallet,and his guns ,but if you take away his family and love of life he will become a raging man with inescapable retaliation.

EXACTLY.

WHAT WOULD MOTIVATE A YOUNG MAN TO HIJACK AN AIRPLANE AND KAMIKAZE INTO A BUILDING?

BUT AMERICANS HAVE BEEN INDOCTRINATED THAT IT IS PERFECTLY FINE FOR THE US AND ISRAHELL TO MURDER MUSLIMS WITH IMPUNITY.