PDA

View Full Version : Maddow rips Michigan republican governor for raising taxes on poor....

jmdrake
09-19-2011, 02:27 PM
I know, I know, Maddow's not our friend and BSNBC sucks and all that. But she has a valid point here. Governments shouldn't be raising taxes on the poor and cutting out tax deductions for charitable donations just so the can cut taxes for big business. If you want to grow the economy, cut regulations. That cuts costs on businesses without hurting revenue. And getting rid of excess people needed to enforce senseless regulations cuts government costs at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUpO1QFMDtM

pcosmar
09-19-2011, 02:39 PM
He was elected to stop exactly what he is doing. (I expected as much)

I voted for him (holding my nose) hoping he wasn't more of the same. I am again disappointed with my Republican choice.

specsaregood
09-19-2011, 02:57 PM
If you want to grow the economy, cut regulations. That cuts costs on businesses without hurting revenue. And getting rid of excess people needed to enforce senseless regulations cuts government costs at the same time.

So your solution is to increase unemployment? :)

FreeTraveler
09-19-2011, 02:59 PM
It's usually called reducing overhead by managment, and heartless thuggery by the unions. :D

jmdrake
09-19-2011, 03:06 PM

Among bureaucrats who simply get it the way of small business? Yes. To quote the The Grateful Dead "Every silver lining has a touch of grey".

Scientist: I've found the secret to eternal life.
Pessimist: But won't that put morticians out of a job? ;)

Brian4Liberty
09-19-2011, 03:23 PM
It should come as no surprise that the GOP establishment talking points of "taxes on corporations should be zero" and that "everybody needs to pay their fair share, even the poor" would be implemented.

Pericles
09-19-2011, 03:27 PM
It should come as no surprise that the GOP establishment talking points of "taxes on corporations should be zero" and that "everybody needs to pay their fair share, even the poor" would be implemented.

Everyone should have skin in the game. One of many current issues is moral hazard - the taxpayer pays for the bad choices of others.

pcosmar
09-19-2011, 03:44 PM
The cuts need to come from Government. It needs to happen before any taxes are raised.
Cut Government employees, government projects and Government "services".
Close a few of the mega prisons. Quit wasting money locking up people for little or nothing.

And stop this shit,
http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/10/mdot_puts_up_six_electronic_me.html
They just put up several around here. A useless waste of money.

jmdrake
09-19-2011, 03:46 PM
And stop this shit,
http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/10/mdot_puts_up_six_electronic_me.html

But without those electronic signs how will "big sis" Janet Napolitano be able to flash propaganda helpful messages to motorists? ;)
They just put up several around here. A useless waste of money.

Brian4Liberty
09-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Everyone should have skin in the game. One of many current issues is moral hazard - the taxpayer pays for the bad choices of others.

No doubt Frank Luntz tested that talking point before they started using it. It must resonate with people.

Pericles
09-19-2011, 03:52 PM
No doubt Frank Luntz tested that talking point before they started using it. It must resonate with people.

It goes back to Perot in 1992 with a line from an infomercial.

Sam I am
09-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Well she's right. Sure, Cutting taxes on the rich increases the marginal profit per employee a little bit, but it only does it so much as to greater fulfill the better demand.

Tax cuts on the poor, however, actually increases the demand for goods and services, and raises the marginal profit per employee in a much more substantial way.

libertybrewcity
09-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Damn, and I thought Michigan was doing so well. Thanks to him we'll probably see another 10 years of depression in Michigan, and 50 years of democratic legislature..sweet.

pcosmar
09-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Damn, and I thought Michigan was doing so well.

What would ever give you that idea?

However,, I have seen a few Ron Paul bumper stickers around.
There are even more folks fed up with business as usual.

Brian4Liberty
09-19-2011, 04:29 PM
It goes back to Perot in 1992 with a line from an infomercial.

It's apparently back in style. Both Herman Cain and Paul Ryan argued for raising taxes on the poor, and lowering taxes on capital gains on Fox News Sunday.