PDA

View Full Version : Compiling a list of good questions for Perry, Rom and Bach supporters

FriedChicken
09-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Basic idea:

hopefully here soon I'm going to be leading a phone survey effort based in Iowa.
We'll be asking people who they plan on supporting in the Iowa Caucus then ask them a short list of questions (and record their responses) based on their response.

Undecideds will be asked general position questions.

If they have decided on one candidate or another they will be asked a list of questions about the candidates stances and their record. These will be simple yes and no questions or "were you aware or unaware" questions.
I'm also thinking of asking "would you describe your reaction to that information as positive or negative?

I haven't gotten far in phrasing the questions but here is what I have so far:

"Ok, thank you. I'm going to go ahead and ask you a separate list of questions specifically for Rick Perry supporters to get an idea of your reaction to his positions, some more controversial than others.
Rick Perry
Job creation (positive sounding question)
Follow question about the amount of tax funded government jobs
Texas spending \ deficit
Texas taxes
Texas debt
Gardisil reaction

(After survey we'll ask if they mind if we send them a candidate comparison chart in their email) (comparison chart will, of course, be made for Ron to stand out)

Romney:
(I don't have a lot of ideas here)
Romneycare
record as MA gov. (ideas?)
I was thinking of reading the quote from 2008 about not needing to know the constitution and to leave it up to the lawyers in comparison to his rhetoric now about how far Obama has strayed from the constitution and get their reaction on it.
(email comparison chart)

Bachmann:
Patriot act
IRS lawyer
what else?
(email comparison chart)

Obviously the idea of this is to inform people about things they may not know about their candidate of choice and open them up to looking at switching candidates.

Depending on how the undecideds answer their questions we'll probably recommend they support Ron Paul over the phone.

I think adding the question "if, for any reason, your candidate drops out of the race or you decide not to vote for them ... who is next in line for your support?"

Another thing ...
should we create another list of questions for Palin supporters? It would be a bit of a gamble but I think putting a list of questions in the survey to show all the similarities between Palin and Paul and prop Paul up as being the next best thing could really pay off if Palin doesn't enter the race.

Havax
09-19-2011, 09:56 AM
Didn't all 3 of them support the bailouts? Make sure to mention that. I know Bachmann rejected the latest one but didn't she support an earlier bailout?

FriedChicken
09-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Good suggestion. Thanks. Yeah I know I'm leaving a bunch of stuff out - my brain is just now working that well today -- which is why I came to these boards for help on the script.