PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Video Suggestion: I'd like to see this song used to inspire.

Philosophy_of_Politics
09-18-2011, 10:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0GJjv9SdF8

Raise your hats and your glasses too
We will dance the whole night through
We're going back to a time we knew

Many human beings in this world, are drawn to Medieval times. Something that made the Medieval Ages so famous, was also the Bard/Troubadour/Muse. They were used to inspire, morale, and end suffering and pain through their music. There's many parts of history, which explicitly speak of the bard being crucial to an armies victory, or uniting a people. You get a slight sense of nostalgia, and you wish to rejoice when you hear the song. Even with the Medieval Era being notoriously gruesome, and violent. Much of the world at that time, used this very same style of music to bring peace and harmony back to its people.

Do realize, the significance of the lyrics I have bolded and italicized above. How does that relate to Ron Paul? Ron Paul wants America to regress back to a state of harmony, freedom, and where we can raise our hats and be happy once again. He cares about us, as did the bards of ancient times--for their people as well.

Can you feel the beauty, passion, and emotion in such music? It's not even the only type of music I listen to, but there is significant history involved with it, which makes me dream of nostalgia. Perhaps such a dream of nostalgia, can serve to be another tool among many, to reunite the people. Wouldn't you like to regress back to a time, where we can raise your hats and your ale, not in the literal definition, but in the nostalgic vision--our general level of stress, freedom, and happiness?

I'm a firm believer, that music is the tool that will reunite people. Whether it be now, or in the future. Do you feel your inner heritage, or nostalgia ring from the emotion? I do.

This song, this style of music, captures a sense of beauty which has been missing from the world for far to long.